Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 20th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
SoCal Slaughter NHSD '08

Top 12 Rankings (all 4-1 and 3-2 players in order).

Rank - Name - SOS - Losing Points

(4 wins - 1 loss)
1 - Detrimentalman - 15 - 470
2 - boom - 15 - 356
3 - Peter - 14 - 493
4 - XNFM - 11 -320

(3 wins - 2 loses)
5 - hextr1p - 16 - 677
6 - Roland - 14 - 890
7 - Hivelord - 14 - 443
8 - Hivelord's Pop - 14 - 422
9 - Corey - 13 - 620
10 - ODB - 12 - 669
11 - Counterstrike - 12 - 310
12 - Robbdaman - 11 - 373

------------------------------------------

SoCalers, our National Heroscape Day tournament, the SoCal Slaughter, will be held at Game Empire in Pasadena on October 18th, at 12:00 noon.

The Game Empire
2302 E. Colorado Bld.
Pasadena, CA 91107
(Click here for Google map)
626-304-9333
http://www.gameempire.com/

General Details:
  • The entry fee will be $5, of which $1 will be sent to Onacara as a donation to St. Jude's Childrens Hospital and the additional $4 will go to gift certificates from Game Empire for the prize table. All money will be paid to the store owner, who will divide it into the number of gift certificates we want and then give me the money to send to Onacara.
  • Oogie and I will handle the organizational details. We wouldn't mind some help from early arrivals helping set up maps, though.
  • A donation to the prize table would be great. Several members have already stepped up. LMK if there's something you would like to bring.
  • Please, bring a pen or pencil to write with.
Prize support:
  • Official Wizards of the Coast Prize Support is back!!!
  • Onacara is making a custom Champion's trophy.
  • Vixentor Games is providing a dice tower
  • heroscapers.com is providing a number of Skahen exclusives.
  • robbdaman and possible Syvarris the Ruler are providing some custom repainted figures
  • hextr1p is bringing down an extra Skahen or two.
  • BIGJIM, Xotli and others are adding HS boosters.
  • Roland is adding a "mystery" game
  • Housemouse Games is providing a $50 gift certificate.
  • Wargamers HQ is providing two $25 gift certificates.
  • Approximately $90 in gift certificates from Game Empire taken from the entry fee.
Tournament Particulars:

Simple PNP Tourney System
  • We will be playing a 5-round "Swiss Style" tournament (with potential 6th round if attendance is over 32 people). See below for tie-breaker info. Everyone will play all five (or six) rounds. Rounds will be 45 minutes long.
  • Players will bring one 540 point army to be used for all rounds. No Marvel figures. Starting zones will be a max of 24 hexes, no more.
  • Players will provide their own army cards, dice, order markers, wound markers, miscellaneous markers and figures. Please, bring a pencil or pen for record keeping.
  • The winner of the game will be the player who destroys the most "points" of figures. Partial Points Scoring will be counted.
  • The unlucky not-winner of the game will count their "Total Destroyed Points" and mark this down as their losing points. Winners will only count the win, not the points.
  • At the end of the tournament, players will find their opponents and mark how many wins each of their opponents accumulated, this number will represent the Strength of Schedule (SoS).
  • Rankings will first be sorted by Win/Loss. Then SoS. Then Losing Points. And finally d20. (A Bye counts as a Win).
  • As has been customary in our SoCal tournaments, there will be no glyphs.
Maps: We are at 17 spoken for and judging by our numbers, we should be more than good. Thanks all, if our numbers swell, I'll sound the bell for more help.
32 Attending:

boom
Oogie_da_Bruce
BIGJIM
Roland
Buttercup
Detrimentalman
hextr1p
JuicerGM
SlikkRikk
hivelord
hivelord's pop
hivelord's gf
Counterstrike
Wilkerson74
Xotli
SSX
Doc_Savage
WreakLoosE
robbdaman
cycoduck
little duck
Roland's friend
tt4JC
Obsidianator
Xn FM
Redhorseman
Dave F.
Seth F.
warriorneedsfoodbadly
udmf
Syvarris the Ruler
Mykael7

6 Maybes:
Xn FM's bro +1
hivelord's crew
Runehardt
Simi Knights
a couple of store regulars

Sorry, friends:

We are looking good so far, SoCal. Let's get some more recruits in.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu

Last edited by boom; October 23rd, 2008 at 07:41 PM.
Old August 20th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Admin

Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: SoCal League NHSD '08

Boom has done the legwork, and Game Empire looks to be a great venue. With room to accomodate 70 Scapers this looks like it can be an awesome event.

Keep posted to this thread for upcoming info and tell your freinds!!!

ODB

Recent Games Played:
Old August 20th, 2008, 04:39 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Sign both me and the General up boom! Along with 1 tentative player to be announced at a later date

Also I would like to see a standard format for this years tournament, though I am unsure how other 'scapers feel about this.

DWARVES!
Old August 20th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

Oogie and I have, indeed, been working on a competitive format for this year's NHSD. We can share some details either tomorrow or on the 30th, but it is still a work in progress.

Oh, added.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

Old August 20th, 2008, 04:46 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Sounds like you two got everything under control. In that case I will sit back and enjoy the ride. If you need terrain though, let me know.

Edit:You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to boom again.

DWARVES!
Old August 20th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If I can reschedule my final on that day I'll be driving up from San Diego with a couple guys.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old August 20th, 2008, 09:30 PM

Suweet! Sounds like we are already shaping up to have a great turnout!

DWARVES!
Old August 21st, 2008, 12:01 AM
Beware the Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
If I can reschedule my final on that day I'll be driving up from San Diego with a couple guys.
Blowing off school. I love it!

Old August 21st, 2008, 01:33 AM

BIGJIM knows what's in an order marker BIGJIM knows what's in an order marker

I see that you already have me down, coooooool!
Will contact you guys for I am sure you will need assistance in setting up or what ever else that may need to be done. Just can't wait...just can't wait.This is going to be all that and a bag of chips!

.....YOU UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE !
Old August 21st, 2008, 11:38 AM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart

Should be there =)

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old August 22nd, 2008, 12:46 PM

Are we titling this one the SoCal Slaughter again?

DWARVES!
Old August 22nd, 2008, 01:40 PM
Beware the Curse

Thanks for rattling my memory marbles. Title changed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day