Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 7th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: NHSD in the Northeast (NESA)

Well, hope to meet you.
Old September 7th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
Well, hope to meet you.
Thanks you too, I love meeting new scapers and facing them in a match. That's the best part about Heroscape.
Old September 11th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

This thread needs a bump. So that this post isn't totally spam, here are a couple of things I'd be interested in being involved in as side games. I'm also intending to play in a damnation alley or two.

1. Bughouse Heroscape. Still untested (as far as I know), but I'd like to give it a go.

2. An overly competitive 540pt game. At most of the tournaments in the north east the emphasis has been on fun armies. As this NHSD event is about doing something different, I'd love to have an all-out-cheese game, and 540pts seems to be a common choice across other events. No worries about theme or people muttering about you bringing a bajillion squads of 4th Mass---bring the most competitive army you can make. I don't think I've used Q9 or Raelin in over a year and I only usually use rats to prop up less good units. I've never used all three together. (I'm not sure that they would be the core of my 540pt superarmy, but that's the sort of thing I'm thinking of).

So, any takers?

EDIT. Oh, and...

3. A game against Onacara Jr to complete my collection of wins against the Onacara family.

Last edited by ollie; September 11th, 2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old September 11th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Bughouse sounds like fun. We need to set a point value, but, yeah, I'm in.

540 pts competative? sure, but don't forget, we have the small onacara run 8 player shootouts already, and I think this is more of the same?

Have we heard anything of Skahens in Connecticut?

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old September 11th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post
Bughouse sounds like fun. We need to set a point value, but, yeah, I'm in.

540 pts competative? sure, but don't forget, we have the small onacara run 8 player shootouts already, and I think this is more of the same?
400pts/player bughouse? As it's untested I'm not sure what would be best, but that's the sort of total I'm thinking would work. If it's as speedy as I hope, then we can experiment over a few games.

I was approaching the alleys with the same degree of competitiveness as I approach the other NE tournaments. That is, I'll be using armies that I think are decent and stand a good chance, but I'll be trying to avoid builds that are commonly considered overpowered and/or trying to prove to the world (and myself) that Dund (or Taelord, or DW9000, or...) do have a place in competitive play. At the moment, Raelin (SotM), Kee-Mo-Shi and Kelda are near the top of my list of units that deserve a little more attention.
Old September 11th, 2008, 01:17 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

How about some all 'terrible' (or at least not commonly used) unit games?

Runa, Kiova, The Vydar Mummy whoes name escapes me, Marro Drudge.

-insert signature here-
Old September 11th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post

That could be fun. Maybe we can play some draft games with a pool that consists mainly of such units?
Old September 11th, 2008, 01:28 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:

That could be fun. Maybe we can play some draft games with a pool that consists mainly of such units?
That was my thought as well, though ahead of time we may want to come up with a rough list of what is a 'bad' unit. They'd just be random pick-up games so it's not a big deal, but this way nobody sneaks Krug in there just because they've had bad luck with him in the past.

Maybe the 'event' should be create a bad army and make your opponent use it. That's probably much easier and the above is a non issue.

-insert signature here-
Old September 11th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would like to do a competative 540pt tournament, but the problem is that we'd have to take out some Alleys to make room. It could take too much time. Maybe we could have there be 4 40 minute rounds with 5 minute breaks so the 540 point tournament would be finished in 3 hours.

edit: Bughouse looks like a fun idea. Also, SuperEsenwein and Jotun's Blacksmith won't be coming. I hope to bring back Sniper Viper though, and maybe a few others...
Old September 11th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey guys, little off topic:

I send Onacara a PM about a package he sent me over a week ago that has not arrived yet. Normally when I send him a PM he gets back to me within the hour, so when I didn't hear anything from him all morning I decided to see if he had been posting today. When I saw his most recent post I was shocked: it is of September 3. From there to the beginning of september fills three pages worth of posts, but after september 3 he has not posted at all.

I am worried now. Does anyone know if he is alright?

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old September 11th, 2008, 02:51 PM

He did make a post on the NESA N.E.G.O.K.S.A. board on the 9th, responding to a post Ollie made.

I know what you mean though, something is up as I have PMed him as well with no response.

-insert signature here-
Old September 12th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
He did make a post on the NESA N.E.G.O.K.S.A. board on the 9th, responding to a post Ollie made.

I know what you mean though, something is up as I have PMed him as well with no response.
He's also said in a couple of places that he's really busy at work and he was logged in at 12.57am today (well last night I guess). It'd be good to get a though to be sure he's ok. (Can you hear us Onacara?)

Arp12, I wasn't looking for a 540pt tournament. As well as the alleys there are going to be a bunch of random games between people who want to play each other. No extra structure (though anyone who wants the games NERVed can have it). I'm just looking for a game or two with the understanding that it's cut-throat competitive in the army-building side. I'm planning on a bunch of random regular games too, but figured they didn't need any advance thinking.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day