Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 19th, 2008, 02:20 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
NHSD in the Northeast (NESA)--CHANGE IN VENUE--READ!!!

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT---CHANGE OF VENUE
Guys...1 slight change...we are not in the student union as previously thought..(sorry about that)...

Ok guys the venue is not far from the student union.

Here is the map of the campus.

http://www.uconn.edu/campuses/pdf/wholemap.pdf

If you make the right off of Storrs Rd (Rte 105) at the church onto North Eagleville Rd...bear right.

We are playing in the Northwest Residence Hall which will be on your right just before you reach the Hillside/North Hillside intersection.

Parking garage is on the left hand side. The residence hall is a series of 6 buildings...we will be in the one in the center.

PM me so I can give you my cel number in case you get lost once you get inside the complex.

PLEASE NOTE THAT TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

NESA website front page updated including list of sponsors.

Remember guys and gals these folks are helping us out so please take some time to visit their sites/stores and look at their wares. Lots of good deals and lots of nice hard working folks there.

Ok guys I need to start getting some numbers together so please take a minute and EMAIL me the following information. (Even if you are only a tentative at this point)

Name.
How many other you are bringing.
If you can donate something to the prize pool (on top of the WOTC, HMG, Heroscapers, Vixentor etc support)....I want this to be like frickin Christmas

Send email to NHSD@northeasternscapers.com

PS you can also make financial donations which we will use for expenses and more prize support,giveaways etc via PayPal (nesamailbox@aol.com) just make sure you write NHSD in the comments section.

This is

Onacara
Anthony Jr
Dylan
Bobby
Ollie +??
RobertDD
Shades Fan
Uprising
Zombie Knight
NYYS +1-6?
Bengi
Cleon
Cleon's Dad
The Guru +2
Dennys
Denny Jr
Taebelwalker
Kathy
Kathy's Nephew
nyphot
mrs nyphot
Aeston's UConn crew (4 or 5)
Eckels +???
arp12's crew (2 (maybe 4 if Dad's play))

All players are encouraged to bring at least 1 450 point army as that will be the army size for ALL GAMES/EVENTS

We are going to run two alleys every hour on the hour. Single elimination.

The maps being used for the alleys are...

ROUND 1
Feylund Fountain by Velenne Onacara
Road Rampage by Ch1canO modded by Messenger Onacara
Badru Valleyby Game Bear Onacara
Ruins of Pine Tree Marshby R˙chean Guru

ROUND 2
Jungle Swamp Road by R˙chean Onacara
Mole Hills Jungle Edition By Jonathan Updated by R˙chean

FINAL will be played on either
Arctic Divide by UPC Onacara
or
Hot Heights by Jormi Boced Onacara
depending which alley you are in. Fire or Ice.

In case anyone needs directions click on the link to the UConn website here

Last edited by Onacara; October 14th, 2008 at 12:21 AM.
Old August 19th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: NHSD in the Northeast (NESA)

Sweet! Count me in.

Anyone who plays games that day can have their games NERVed, should they wish. It can also count as a NERV-starting event.

I've been thinking a little about how a strategy workshop might work (or might not work). I'll put my ideas together to that you can see what you think.
Old August 19th, 2008, 10:53 PM

owvanguard is surprisingly tart

Hartford?

Trying to figure out distance from me!

Brian B
Old August 20th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am very interested. There's a chance that life might get in the way, but count me in for now.
Old August 21st, 2008, 06:34 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

NICE!

How about a huge display to play on?

I can't fully commit at the moment, but I'd say there's a very good chance I can go.

Plenty of 1 v 1 maps, but I'm thinking some 2 v 2, 3 v 3, and something really huge for an epic 8 v 8 game or something crazy like that.

Obviously there would be special rules so the game would moves quickly, can't be having a 10 hour game.

EDIT: Oh and there's also the Speed Scape idea Ollie had. 300pt armies and only 25-30 minutes to play... maybe less time.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; August 22nd, 2008 at 06:27 PM.
Old August 24th, 2008, 09:54 AM
has been BANNED

We are going to try and do several themed mini tournaments throughout the day...as well as a few damnation alley type ones..plus the open gaming and workshop stuff.

I would also be open to having a swap meet if people have extra stuff they are looking to trade/sell.

Bottom line is we want a day full of Scape but do not want people to have to commit for a full day.

We have all seen (or been) folks who want to come to a 6 hour tournament but just do not have the time. They may however have 3 or 4 hours they can devote and this will be perfect. Very laid back so a person new does not feel intimidated and everyone can have fun. After all isnt that what this game is all about?
Old August 24th, 2008, 10:21 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

Let's do this! (And this time I won't be a no show). I've been dying to show off my new custom terrain made out of a broken motorized tie rack belt!

As long as I have advanced notice, I should be able to get the day off. Being at UCONN, I'll probably show up early.

Edit: I've got a copy of Last Night on Earth and the expansion I can bring if some people want to mess around with that game a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old August 24th, 2008, 10:23 AM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
Let's do this! (And this time I won't be a no show). I've been dying to show off my new custom terrain made out of a broken motorized tie rack belt!

As long as I have advanced notice, I should be able to get the day off. Being at UCONN, I'll probably show up early.
Well it is October 18th...is this advanced notice enough for you?
Old August 24th, 2008, 10:28 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post

Well it is October 18th...is this advanced notice enough for you?
Oh darn, that's the day I have my Hysterectomy... yeah, that sounds like a good excuse; nothing wrong with that one!

I'll put in for that day off today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
B.U.D.
Old August 24th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Why do Baby Seal Clubbers have to work weekends?
Old August 24th, 2008, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
Why do Baby Seal Clubbers have to work weekends?
More witnesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
B.U.D.
Old August 24th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
NESA is working on the possibility of hosting NHSD in central Connecticut (UConn Campus).

We are not going to run a tournament per se but a day of open gaming. Get your grudge matches in. Play someone you always wanted to play..etc etc.

We will probably run a few damnation alley type events also.

Along with that we will have some workshops on terrain building and painting/moding mini's as well as custom figure making (stats, abilites etc)

The purpose is to get together and share the game we all love without making anyone have to commit for a full day of time. If you can only make it for an hour...thats fine. We just want everyone to have a good time.

We will continue to update this thread with information as it becomes finalized.

If you have any ideas about other things we can do...or if you want to volunteer to run a workshop please let us know.

Thanks
Sweet, I'm their.
Maybe some two masterset maps!
I should be able to be their all day, but I'll have to check with the folk on that part of it!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day