Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 21st, 2008, 03:42 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: NHSD in the Northeast (NESA)--CHANGE IN VENUE--READ!!!

Excellent report Ollie, my dad and I feel it was a great pleasure to play you, thanks for the good games (especially the final on against me ).

I'll be sure to get my reports up soon too.
Old October 21st, 2008, 04:29 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
EDIT. Forgot to say: Support our awesome sponsors! If you want the game in general and our little tournament enterprises to continue to thrive then show your appreciation. Buy from housemousegames.com; get one of those super-silent dicetowers from dicetowers.net or order a custom job from Leikicker; get a Lexan mat; send cash to this site or NESA. (Did I miss anyone?)
And do not forget War Gamers Headquarters our first and biggest sponsor to date.

Thank you again to all of our sponsors and members whose support and generosity make NESA events the fun and success they are.
Old October 21st, 2008, 08:43 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Another fun game, and I'm now 0-2 against Bengi. Any chance of some revenge on my hopme turf at the Fall Brawl next month?
Very fun game. Of course, it's hard not to have fun when you use Jotun. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the Brawl, but we'll see. . .
Old October 23rd, 2008, 03:51 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Alright now my battle reports! I played 6 games in total, my dad played 5. My games 1-3 were used with my frist army (Cyprien, Stingers x3, Rats x3), and games 4-5 were with my second (Raelin, Blastatrons x2, Gladiatrons x3, Isamu):

Game 1: This was the first round of a Win-A-Wave.
Opponent: Ollie
My Army: Cyprien, Stingers x3, Deathreavers x3
Opponent's Army: Runa, Minions x3
Map: Road Rampage
Glyphs: None
Description: First match of the day. I knew my army wasn't as efficient on this terrain type but I went for it anyways. I realized his army was a dangerous force that could do quite a bit of damage with good rolls. So I acted defensively and scattered my Stingers at the hill to the right of me, with my rats in front and on the road as well. He charged his Minions and slowly but surely gained control of the bridge. Then I charged my rats and shot with my stingers from the ground or from afar, didn't really do to much. He sent some Minions farther down the road and feasted on my rats and nearby stingers, but made sure he still had control of the road. This happened for awhile. Then I finally made a move with Cyprien, flew him out and I think killed a Minion or two, then got crushed by the feirce deadly strikes. My last idea of how I could win was to try and use my remaining Stingers and Rats and come at the bridge at both sides. But this was very hard since he had height during most of the made attacks. Then we ran out of time. I killed 5 of his minions and didn't touch Runa besides Rats engaging her, and he killed about everything except for 3 Stingers and 3 Rats. He won. Fun match, Ollie.

Game 2: This was the first round of another Win-A-Wave.
Opponent: Onacara Jr. (Anthony Jr.)
Opponent's Army: Cyprien, Sonya, Iskra, Retchets, Marcu, Zombies x2, Isamu
Map: Road Rampage
Description: I disappointing start but I felt good just to be there. First I kept with the same plan this time since he didn't have such dangerous squads. I had a lot of Stingers on height, and a ton of rats in front and beginning to climb up the bridge. He flew Cyprien over and started to set up for attack. He also flew Iskra over on the bridge as well. Cyprien made the first move and started chilling and killing many stingers, my Stingers got 2 wound on him I believe. The he attempted a summon with Iskra and got it, second time, flew over with some Retchets immediately. I acted fast and engaged Rats on everyone except Cyprien. Then he missed a chill. Then I decided to fly my Cyprien over to get in the mix, he killed his Cyprien first roll+attack. Then killed the Retchets. After that I basically got quick control of the bridge and my Stingers just came down the rest of the figures. Surprisingly, 2 zombies killed my stingers with the rise again power and it looked like the battle turned. But then they missed Cyprien with a Onslaught Attack, and Cyprien took care of them and Isamu ending the match.

Game 3: This was the second round of the 2nd Win-A-Wave.
Opponent: Dennys
Opponent's Army: Sir Gilbert, KoW x2, 4th Mass x2, Tarn Vikings
Map: Jungle Swamp Road
Description: Now with at least 1 win under my belt I felt more confident. But yet again, another map that would do my army no good . We both had the same tactics - send our melee in on the road and move our range up to high ground. So I sent in my rats on the road and elsewhere engaging knights and a few Mass, and set my Stingers up on close high ground. Denny's knights bounded with Gilbert, who helped his army keep up with the rats speed. The rest of the game was basically just a few attacks with each of our melee and mostly attack with our range. The Mass picked off more rats than I expected, since I didn't send in enough Stingers to cover them. I took down a few knights, and couple of Mass, he took down many, many rats and 2 squads of Stingers (I think). The joy of the match was whenever he'd attack any of my 12 rats with Mass, we'd both yell "scatter!" and picture me with I light up hat on! . In the end, he won with points. My mistake was definately the choice of not sending Cyprien in until the end, my stingers just couldn't keep up with the amount attacks and moves he had each turn. If we hadn't run out of time, I'm sure my Cyprien could have dealt some serious damage and maybe even had won it for me. But then again, he did still have all 4 Tarns, full life Gilbert, and the remaining Mass and Knights. Fun game, Dennys. SCATTER!

Game 4: This was the first round of the 3nd Win-A-Wave.
Opponent: Onacara Jr. (Dylan)
My Army: Raelin, Isamu, Blastatrons x2, Gladiatrons x3
Opponent's Army: Wo-Sa-Ga, Keamon Awa, Tagawa Samurai, Ashigaru Harquebus, Isamu
Map: Badru Valley
Description: Onacara's son #2. I figured I was all out of luck (even though I barely had any ) with my first army so I switched to my more confident army. I didn't have that many choices for my start zone placement since I had only 2 extra spaces, so I just placed Raelin in the middle with Isamu next to her, and put and even amount of trons on each side. He set up all of his figures to his left half of the starting zone. He placed all of his order markers on Kaemon Awa and won initiative, and head for the closest hill. I then moved Raein into place. He continued with Kaemon, got height and used his special killing I believe 2 gladiatrons. In fear, I head for his hill charging up with 4 of my Glads and 4 Blasts. Order Marker 3, Kaemon continued rampaging and took out 1 Glad and 1 Blast. In panic I kept charging and engaged him with one galdiatron and fired 4 shots, I think I wounded him or maybe not. Kept his placement of order markers, I changed mine to all on the B-trons (and X on Raelin). He won intiative again and released 2 SA's on my engaged gladiatron, my tron blocked both hits. Then I charged up with two more Glads, engaging him with one, and shot down Kaemon with 3 shots of 3. He lost his 2 order markers. To be nice, instead or attacking his helpless army (for this round), I just set up 4 Blastatrons with height and 5 Gladiatrons ready to engage, all on the hill. Next round, he placed all of his markers on his Tagawa. He won inish again, and charged with Tagawa's destroying only one gladiatron. My turn, I managed to engage them and killed off 2 of the 3 Tagawa. His turn, attempted an attack on one of the engaged gladiatron, missed. Next I destroyed the remaining tagawa, and went for the rest of his army. I destroyed 3/4 Harquebus and wounded Wo-Sa-Ga within my 2 order markers. Final initiative, I won and killed his remaining Harquebus and wonded Wo-Sa-Ga down to 1 life left. His move, Wo-Sa-Ga attacked one Glad, my Glad defended successfully. Then I destroyed his Wo-Sa-Ga in 2 attacks and then killed Isamu.

Game 5: This was the second round of the 3rd Win-A-Wave.
Opponent: Ben
Opponent's Army: Syvarris, Theracus, Kyntella Gwyn, DeadeyeDan, Shaolin Monks, Warriors Of Ashra
Map: Moll Hills Jungle Edition
Description: This one I'm not going to go into too much detail about but I'll say a few words. I placed my starting zone into waves: 1st wave - Raelin, some Gladiatrons and some Blastatrons; 2nd wave - Isamu, some Gladiatrons and some Blastatrons. First he flew Theracus up to a center high ground point on the map and carriec Deadeye along and placeds him adjacent with height. I set up Raelin and sent out my first wave. He took down 1 gladiatron with Deadeye before I crossed the water and engaged them. I took them down pretty fast, and then charged into his starting zone. He set up Syvarris with height next to Kyntella. I got adjacent, and shot them down while dealing with some monks. Then he had 1 monk and his 3 ashra left, I'm not sure but he might have gave up seeing I had another wave coming at him. But if not, then I killed them pretty fast. Overall I lost a couple of Glads and maybe a Blast or two. I sent in my first wave and a couple of reinforcments from the second just to make sure I had his handled.

Game 6: This was the third (final) round of the 3nd Win-A-Wave.
Opponent: Ollie
Opponent's Army: Major Q9, Airbourne Elite, Deathreavers x4
Map: Winter Holdout
Description: My last game, and a rematch against Ollie. I was feeling more positive since I hadn't lost yet with my Tron army. But Ollie's army seemed very tough; and tough it was. We weren't too familar with the starting zone placement but we both played on this map before so we got it about right. First round. He failed at the drop and placed all of his moves on the rats, I placed 1 on Raelin, 2 and 3 on Blastatrons, and X on Isamu. This round was basically a set-up round. He charged in and set-up his rats to try and entangle me. I first flew Raelin in the large ice-lake near my starting zone and then made a moving wall with part of my gladiatrons, with part of my blastatrons with height behind them. Until he got the drop, throughout a couple of rounds, I destroyed some rats and he may have destroyed a couple of my trons as well. But then the AE dropped. He placed 3 of them on the center raised hill and one on the right (from me) raised hill. I didn't have too many choices but to attack the AE with height dead on without height. He killed Raelin while I killed some rats. Meanwhile, I took some shots on a couple AE and killed 1 of the 3 on the center hill, 3 remaining. Then, I managed to clear a passage to move one of my gladiatrons up to the 2 remaining in the center. Next I took down 1 of those 2. In the process he killed a few blastatrons and maybe 1 or 2 gladiatrons as well. Then a new round and I'm pretty sure he won initiative but only destroyed 1 Bast. next my turn and I went on a lucky rampage and killed the remaining AE with height, with him rolling a few banks. After that, he sent out Q9, and it was all over for me. I tried to overcome the rats and then charge at Q9 but they had too much defense and he had too many of them. I was stuck. I still killed a few rats but Q9 whipped ot all of the trons in his sniping distance. I managed to release 2 of blastatrons with 2 gladiatrons still in hold, but it just wasn't enough. He destroyed the Trons, and then immediately Isamu. It was an awesome game, and truely the best I played there. I'm ready for you next time, Ollie.

Last edited by Cleon; November 2nd, 2008 at 02:57 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day