Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 21st, 2013, 10:36 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: Maryland NHSD 11/9: Prepare for a Savage NHSD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Put 10th Regiment and me down as strong maybe's. We are spending that week at the "Happiest Place on Earth," but we should be back and ready to go (pending clearance from the boss ). Looking forward to playing. I'm up for whatever format, but I certainly wouldn't be against some vanilla 'Scape.

I do have strong reservations about the "Clancambell wins!" format, though. There's something fishy about it, but I can't put my finger on it...

I would also tentatively plan on bringing some games for afterwards, I have some stuff I'd still love to get some more plays in, like Kemet, and Bioshock, and City of Remnants, and Cyclades, and Pathfinder Card game, and ...
a. Yeah, I'd also be up for some Vanilla 'Scape ( any 'Scape is better than NO 'Scape )

b. Since CC lives in MD, don't they usually say, "There's something 'CRABBY' about it, instead of "something fishy..." ???

c. We've played Mad_Wookiee's "Kemet" at TGK in WC, PA on a couple of non-HS casual gaming days. I'd be interested in playing that. The others I'm not familiar with, but willing to learn. Arrrgh! So many games and sooo little TIME.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old September 23rd, 2013, 08:21 PM

kldonnelly knows what's in an order marker kldonnelly knows what's in an order marker

You can put me down as a yes. I'll check with crichton as well.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 10:22 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Great! I'll put you both down as "yes."

I'm slightly leaning toward vanilla. I do like some of Johngee's ideas, but they seem to require some time in between rounds, and that's something we don't really have.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 25th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I may be the only person in the universe who noticed, but I was pleased to see we showed up in the Family Game Store online newsletter:

Heroscape Event

Do you play Heroscape? Our Heroscape event is a great place for new and old players to enjoy this out of print game. All are welcome. Please email Ben to register: [scrubbed].

Date: November 9, 2013
Entry Fee: $5
Time: 1-6pm

= =
Old September 25th, 2013, 09:57 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am going to really try and make this event. It has been way too long since I have rolled any skulls or shields. I will let you know for sure closer to the date.
Old September 25th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Yes!!! We're on Skinny Tom's calendar! See if you can bring Day 2 ace Arcus.

= =
Old September 27th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Leaning toward 395 points, 16 hexes. Thoughts? Remember, any alternative has to accommodate our tight time frame and other priorities.

= =
Old September 28th, 2013, 12:12 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Can't you just make it an EVEN 400 points? It's easier for us old-timers to do the math with rounded ( "O O" ) numbers.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old September 28th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Can't you just make it an EVEN 400 points? It's easier for us old-timers to do the math with rounded ( "O O" ) numbers.
I second having an even 400 points to work with
Old September 28th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like 395. I'm evil like that. I'd even go 396!

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old September 28th, 2013, 01:58 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It wouldn't be a DS NHSD without a xx5 point limit. Every one I have been to have had an odd point value. Personally, I hope that trend continues, but it isn't that big of a deal either way.
Old September 28th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
I like 395. I'm evil like that. I'd even go 396!
Tempting, tempting.

Solomon has considered the above arguments, each of which is worthy and weighed heavily on his mind. He has decided thusly:

Solomon is very excited to see Johngee again, so he will give the old man what he wants.

400 points, 18 hexes. Note the 2 extra hexes as well.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day