Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old October 18th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!
NJ CrossFire (post tourny thread) (pic heavy)

Wow, that was one fun day. Thank you everyone for coming out and helping with everything. Also, I would like to give a special thanks to our sponsors WotC, House Mouse games, War Gamers HQ, CM games, and Leif Kicker. I would also like to give mention to my friend (who doesnt have a HSers name, and fallow for coming early and setting up maps.)

After 5 hard rounds of SS tournament; coolstuff1776 took first place, with DragonSlayer2 coming in second, and his friend Scott coming in third.

I will not post each match, because so much went on. I am going to leave that up to those who were at my tournament. This way they can leave there amazing stories with perfect details of the battles.

So here are the pics of the tournament:

during set up

during the tournament

Prize table

First place winner (coolstuf1776)

And last but not least a picture of the entire group.

Alright, now lets hear about everyone's matches.

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST

Last edited by DragonSlayer2; October 18th, 2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old October 19th, 2009, 01:35 AM

coolstuff1776 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: NJ CrossFire (post tourny thread) (pic heavy)

That was one Great tournament.

Thanks to Josh for making it so. Me and my 3 kids had an awesome time. They are still talking about it.

As far as matches go, I had three close ones, but I think the one that was the worst was the one against Josh and his Red Dragon.

I played 3 groups of Marro Stingers nd two groups of roman legion. Well in this game Josh dropped his airborn elite in my face on turn 1 and then rushed his dragon up and hit the center of my romans, hitting 7 peole in one hit, killing 5 of them. He then proceeded to kill 2 more the next turn. Needless to say I almost gave up.

Thanks to some unlucky rolls on his part and some fast dancing on mine, I barely puled it out.

Again thanks for a great day and thanks to the sponsors for some great prizes.

Coolstuff1776

If anyone wants to play any weekend in south Jersery count me and my three kids in.
Old October 19th, 2009, 08:23 AM

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

That was a good match.....I cant believe though that my rools all went south after that first attack. It was a good game however, and an exciting one at that.

Another match I played was against fallow who thought he would play a zombie army since it was getting near halloween. IT was alot of fun. I flew zelrig over and took out alot of zombies, but then zelrig went down not long after that. Finally my AE droped in and I was able to pick of all the zombies on the map (he said I was the only one to defeat all his zombies ) Then the times ran out, with (I think) him having one or two heros left on the board, and I had all my firgures except zelrig.

Then I played my friend dan (who isnt a member) and we ended up having a tie. It cam down to the last two guys from the same squad...two crav...the same two at that. I must say that game was the closest game I played.

After that I played King of blanks and his minute men army. I flew zelrig over, and tourn threw his lines. I got my AE and took hight advantage with them, and picked of a few more. Then he engaged zelrig and took him down to 4 life. Having one order marker left I took leaving engagement so I could get zelrig to attack the last group of minute men that were bunched together. Then I sent kaemen awa to play celan up on what was left.

Those were all great matches and alot of fun.

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old October 20th, 2009, 08:36 AM

King of Blanks has disabled reputation

With this being my first tournament ever, I came to Saturday's event with a little trepidation. I expected a room full of hard-core Heroscape players with blood in their eyes. I couldn't have been more wrong. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming; all were good sports, there to just have a good time playing a great game.

My first round pitted me against one of the younger and newer players (he confessed to having just learned the game the night before). He chose an army comprised of Sonlen, Syvarris, one of the Majors, Zettian Guards, and a squad of something. It was an intimidating force considering the map we were on which favored ranged fighting. He played it conservatively and I think that may have been the break I needed to win.

Game two was against Fallow's zombie horde led by the dwarves. A fun round played on a jungle map. I am grateful that the zombies don't move faster!

Game three put me with the older brother of my first competitor. This one worried me as his AE were dropped immediately on the tall pillars of this map. He had me like fish in a barrel, but somehow the tide turned in my favor and I squeaked out a win.

My luck changed (as it always does--see my user name?) when I went up against Corey (CoolStuff1776). Here's a player who knows what he's doing and I'd like to play him some more so I could learn the finer points of this game.

Finally, my last round against our fine host Josh was a sad continuation of my bad rolls and his smart choice of Zelrig the squad killer plus an immediate drop of his AE (dejavu). He plowed through my minute men with Majestic Fires and put a hurtin' on my two heroes. Another opponent who could teach me a few tricks!

It was a great day and I look forward to the next one!

No comment...

---------------------------------------
Member, defeated by Xanth club.
Old October 20th, 2009, 08:48 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I like the room, were you guys in a warehouse?

-insert signature here-
Old October 20th, 2009, 10:17 PM

Yea, I find most people to be very nice and and just coming to have a good time. I have yet to see a "bloodthirsty" player.

Nyys....yes, you could call it a warehouse. Its just the garage of a building that my friend rents. (a really big one at that.) He uses it to store supplies for his business, and has a food ministry (the bread and juices in the background) to help people that need food.

MY TRADE LIST
Old October 20th, 2009, 10:20 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolstuff1776 View Post
That was one Great tournament. ... <~snip/snip~> ... If anyone wants to play any weekend in south Jersery count me and my three kids in.
Greetings CoolStuff1776

Just what do you consider "south Jersey" ??? Where Josh is located I call that "The New Jersey DEEP South," hehehe. I'm way up in Monmouth County, 5 miles east of GSP Exit 105, but still south of the Raritan River No/So dividing line. - However, I am down in the Ocean City / Woodbine area at least once a month to visit family and maybe someday I'll get to bring my two HeroScap'ing buddies (grandsons ages 8 & 10) with me, haha. I don't usually bring my terrain and units collection with me for such weekends, but if you are deffinitely gaming some Saturday, I'd like to join you for an informal dice-fest. Send me a PM and we'll chat.

&obtw

Josh ~ thanks for hosting this event and posting the photos. Sorry I could not make it, maybe next time. It looks like you had a good turn out and everyone had *FUN* which is why we play this silly game isn't it? How did this ROOM location work out for you? Will it be available again and perhaps on a regular basis? Keep in touch and I'll try to keep an eye on these forums for updates and future schedules.

Have A Nic eDay all y'all southern Jurzeeians.
~ John G.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old October 22nd, 2009, 12:43 PM

The location worked out great. Everyone seemed to find it without any problem, and the room could easily hold 24 people...if not 30. (It could probably hold more if we set up like gencon or something.) I hope to use this place for my next event (whenever that is)

Maybe I can talk my dad into taking me to one in PA/North Jersey some time.

MY TRADE LIST
Old September 4th, 2011, 09:02 AM

coolstuff1776 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

How about a 2011 Repeat.

Anyone?
Old September 7th, 2011, 03:22 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Welcome back CoolStuff1776.

There's been a HeroScape tournament somewhere between New York and Maryland almost every month this past year. Sorry you missed most of them, but National HeroScape Day is a good reason to get back into it.

We who try to attend most of them (and also chat on-line here at this site) started calling our little group of gamers: "M.A.R.S." It's an abreviation foer the Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers. Here's a link to one thread that lists the most recent events.

<< http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=29191 >>

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old July 9th, 2014, 02:39 PM

TheUpgiven Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer2 View Post

And last but not least a picture of the entire group.

Alright, now lets hear about everyone's matches.
All the images are gone. That is what I dislike about these free image sharing platforms... after a few months/years the content is just gone. Is there no way to upload images to last?
Old July 22nd, 2014, 12:36 PM

Welcome to the site TheUpgiven. This is however a 3 year old thread. Iam not sure I have the original photos anymore let alone photobucket lol Welcome to Heroscapers! Are you in the NJ area?

DragonSlayer2

MY TRADE LIST

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day