Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old November 17th, 2013, 07:38 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Utah NHSD 2013

Here is the LINK to my blog with the pictures that turned out the the Win/Loss records.

Thanks again for coming and having a great day of Heroscape!!
Old November 18th, 2013, 01:50 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

So, who got the goodies?
AshRATS, ocean/sky map and Tyrian. What else was there?

Sorry I missed it, but oh boy did I need to sleep Saturday morning...
Old November 18th, 2013, 10:32 AM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My wife got the AshRATS
Tony (a friend of mine who has just started getting into the game) got the ocean/sky map
Britton got Tyrian

We are sorry you missed it too...we will have to plan another day to get together and play.
Old November 18th, 2013, 11:24 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qt.bangerang View Post
Here is the LINK to my blog with the pictures that turned out the the Win/Loss records.
Hey, nice blog! I'd never checked it out before. It's always fun to see tourney pics.

Glad your wife took the trophy home too -- that's awesome.

I notice that Stygian Rift was built using some customized lava field tiles. They look great! Better than the original ones, I think. Their centers are a bit darker, aren't they? -- verging on black rather than the gray of the originals? Very cool. Out of curiosity, did you paint those yourself, or are those perhaps from Auggie's?
Old November 18th, 2013, 11:50 AM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by qt.bangerang View Post
Hey, nice blog! I'd never checked it out before. It's always fun to see tourney pics.

Glad your wife took the trophy home too -- that's awesome.

I notice that Stygian Rift was built using some customized lava field tiles. They look great! Better than the original ones, I think. Their centers are a bit darker, aren't they? -- verging on black rather than the gray of the originals? Very cool. Out of curiosity, did you paint those yourself, or are those perhaps from Auggie's?
Thanks for the many compliments! I really like Stygian Rift and ended up playing 2 games on it...and won both of those games. The lava filed tiles are a bit darker and I did paint them my self.
Old November 18th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Okay, Battle report time, baby!

After not much thought whatsoever, I decided on taking:

200 Omnicron Snipers x2
120 Omnicron Repulsors x3
180 Taelord

BATTLE 1 vs. ORTIMUS

Jotun
Shurrak
Rhogar Dragonspine

This was ridiculously one-sided and not just because I had an army of hero-killers. The map really favored me as well. Since we were using heavy snow rules, I had to basically fly Taelord forward to a nice perch and hop a couple of snipers up as far as I could get them and then sit and take potshots. The combination of his doube-based figs and the heavy snow basically put an uncrossable wall between us so he had to try to go around the side to get to me. I blocked the way with repulsors and whittled him down with the snipers with height+Taelord. End of story. I lost 1 Repulsor and killed one of my own Snipers...

BATTLE 2 vs. WJSCAPER 1-0

Othkurik
Greenscale Warriors
Red Wyrmlings x2
Black Wyrmlings x2
Wo-Sa-Ga
Nagrubs

WJ led with his Wyrmlings and did some decent damage but I was able to get a Repulsor onto the central Glyph (Common attack +1) for nearly the entire game. By the time he brought a wounded Othkurik and his Greenscales up I had good positioning. Othkurik died without doing any damage and then I mopped up the Greenscales. He brought up his third mini army and made it interesting when one of his nagrubs took a Thorian glyph on the side of the board. I had to send my Snipers into hand to hand vs. Wo-Sa-Ga and lost a couple but finally had enough (boosted by the glyph and Taelord to bring her down.

BATTLE 2 vs. QT.BANGERANG'S WIFE 2-0

Atlaga
Minions x3
Red Wyrmlings x2

I was feeling pretty confident at this point and wanting some revenge on this gal since she beat me with the same army the year before last. She lead with Red Dragon Wyrmlings and perched them atop[ the pillars closest to my Start zone but with my superior range she finally had to com down and get me. I think they killed one repulsor before I finshed them both off. Next she brought up Atlaga which I thought was pretty ballsy. His short range meant he suffered the same fate as the wyrmlings and died before his Bolt of Witherwood could hit Taelord.

At this point I thought I had things well in hand, even downing a minion on it's way in but as soon as the other two made contact with my army I started to fall like a house of cards. My snipers started dying quickly and I was failing to kill the minions. They even took out Taelord before I was able to finish them off. Her second squad of Minions were able to take down what was left of my army with no trouble. Guess I'm bringing and anti-minion army next year...

BATTLE 4 vs. TONY 2-1

Mezzodaemons x6
Dumatef Guard (x4)
Death Knights (3x or 4x)

Okay, I now hate Mezzodaemons almost as much as Minions. He advanced with Mezzos and I started blasting away. By the time he got to my start zone I only had Taelord left. Tae managed to finish off the last couple mezzos (meaning I killed the equivalent of 24 figs) only to get downed by a Death Knight's soul blade. I was no match for his superior (virtual) numbers.

BATTLE 5 v.s QT.BANGERANG 2-2

Raelin
Isamu
Venoc Warlord
Aubrien Archers x3
Deathreavers x2

This was ugly. I was outmaneuvered for most of the game with him having height and capturing an attack +1 glyph, too. His Aubriens matched my range of 7 and he also captured a summoning glyph early on and summoned Taelord. I wasted an order marker moving him back and then it turns out I didn't move him far enough back because he was taken down by the Aubriens later in the game. the only bright spot was that I was able to finally use the repulsor's anti-soulborg abilities, killing an entire squad of Rats with my Circuitry Overload. I didn't shoot them a single time (possibly a mistake but I didn't want to trigger scatter). Anyway, I lost. Poop. Better luck next year, I guess.

Thanks to qt.bangerang for hosting this year!

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Last edited by The B.I.V.; November 19th, 2013 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Forgot to thank the host!
Old November 20th, 2013, 03:09 PM
has been BANNED

Hey dd anyone leave a coat on Satuday? Found one when cleaning up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day