Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old July 19th, 2007, 07:49 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Ninja Warrior

I watch bits and pieces of this on G4 sometimes, and have a question I can't find the answer to, yes, even on Google, Nether!

What is the prize for winning? I never hear it mentioned on the show, ever. What do these contestants get for their troubles? I've only seen one guy beat the whole course, so they must give a darn good prize since they rarely have to hand it out.
Old July 19th, 2007, 07:53 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Regardless to if there is a tangible reward... Honor & Respect are likely the primary rewards.
Old July 19th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Funny, today I saw clips of this show for the first time. I work with a guy that speaks Japanese and married a Japanese woman. He says they don't show the whole show here. He has a DVD of it in Japanese with no subtitles that I'm itching to borrow. I'll have to ask him what the prize is, if there is one.

EDIT: Just found it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Anyone who completes the Final Stage receives the grand prize of ¥2,000,000 (currently around US$16,214)
Old July 19th, 2007, 10:29 PM
has been BANNED

Wow....chintzy. In the US there's a lot of athletes that could get that much for a simple personal appearance, without busting their butts.
Old July 19th, 2007, 10:34 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
Hmmm, maybe the U.S. should have a competition with Pirates and then the winners of the two competitions could square off.

Oh, and didn't the winner of the July 4th hot dog eating contest get $30 or $40K?
Old July 19th, 2007, 11:33 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Seriously, for a feat of such exquisite athleticism, you'd think they could scrounge up a better prize than that. I'm extremely impressed with the guys who make it to stages 3 and especially 4.
Old July 20th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Wow....chintzy. In the US there's a lot of athletes that could get that much for a simple personal appearance, without busting their butts.
I was thinking about this, and I came up with a decent analogy. I think this competition is a lot like the idea of climbing Everest. Getting that much money for completing the course is not bad when you think that climbers don't get anything for completing the ascent on Everest.
Old July 20th, 2007, 09:07 AM

djsmith has disabled reputation
I have watched this show from the beginning and I can tell you that the money means nothing to them. Just completeing the 3rd stage will make you famous in Japan. A few of the more popular guys that compete are super stars in that country. Fantastic show. I recommend it to everyone.
Old July 20th, 2007, 04:04 PM
has been BANNED

Fame or no fame, the least they could do is give you a year's salary at a good job...maybe the equivalent of $50-100K US. If they give nothing to all the folks that fail they could easily afford to do something nice for the guy that wins.
Old July 20th, 2007, 06:14 PM

monkeyfish has disabled reputation
Love to watch it. Mainly because it's the only sport my dad and I both like.

Captain Qwark for President 08'
Old July 22nd, 2007, 03:39 PM

moorific is surprisingly tart
I love this show but have yet to catch an episode of stage 4, let alone see an episode with someone beating stage 3.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media