Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 2nd, 2016, 03:11 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Decision 2016

So with less than a week remaining I am still undecided as to where to place my vote. It feels like one of those college philosophy situations where all the choices are bad in their own separate ways and after you discuss it to death you're secretly glad that it could never ACTUALLY happen... and yet here we are.

I feel like Vizzini. I can clearly not choose the candidate in front of me. And either way I ultimately choose I wind up losing. Voting third party is tantamount to telling Buttercup I like her dress and letting Roberts pick the cup.

I don't believe there is a choice I can make where this country is a better place in four years. And I hate the idea of feeling responsible for the country's decline because I voted for the President that presided over it. Even if I have managed to choose the lesser of two evils.

~Aldin, glad the World Series can distract him tonight at least

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 2nd, 2016, 04:52 PM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey, Aldin, if you don't vote, you wont be responsible. You also wont have a right to complain about the winner, but sometimes the winning move is not to play.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!
Old November 2nd, 2016, 04:57 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks Joshua.
Spoiler Alert!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 2nd, 2016, 05:53 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
So with less than a week remaining I am still undecided as to where to place my vote. It feels like one of those college philosophy situations where all the choices are bad in their own separate ways and after you discuss it to death you're secretly glad that it could never ACTUALLY happen... and yet here we are.
That seems a bit extreme to an outsiders perspective.

Overall trends aside, depending on your values some things look to get better. The democratic tax plan looks like it might start to rebalanced the wealth inequality so unless you are super rich this may benifit you. however if you are super rich the Republican tax plan is definitely better for you. If you are worried about climate change it looks like the democratic plan is in line with reducing co2, if you like burning coal go republican. If you are worried about equality in the courts a democratic nomination to the Supreme Court is important. if you think lgbtq and maybe even women deserve less rights republican. If you think Christianity should dictate government policy republican is your horse.

ALl these dichotomies will have a huge impact in the next 4 years and do impact citizen directly.

of course I'm bias since everyone trump rallies The Canadian dollar and stocks and Mexican peso take a hit. Though that should give you an indication of the damage a vote for trump will do to the international economy.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old November 2nd, 2016, 08:37 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm starting to get the feeling that Trump could pull this out if he doesn't shoot himself in the foot between now and Tuesday. That's a big if, though.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old November 2nd, 2016, 10:11 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

God help us. Let us not be that stupid, as a nation.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 2nd, 2016, 10:18 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

More frustrated than stupid, I think. I don't think many Trump voters are voting for Trump so much as they're voting against politics as usual and a feeling of impotence.

~Aldin, cutting off his nose to spite his face

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 2nd, 2016, 10:34 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Mebbe

People continue to surprise me with their stupidity but I think Aldin isn't wrong that a good chunk of Trump's support comes from several very understandable places of pathos I guess. I don't have the right words to describe it, but I think there are some legitimate grievances that haven't been addressed and Trump embodies a solution that speaks to those grievances, even if it may very well end up working against them. (There's also the "Clinton is the devil" voters, but I think there's a number of "Trump is the devil" voters as well)

While I personally feel lots of personal worry for if Trump is elected (whether or not my level of worry/fear is an overreaction is debatable), I think that if he does lose, we should not be quick to dismiss those who supported him as stupid, but listen and try to figure out how they can be helped. Our country is continuing to polarize and it will continue to do so if we don't try to do something about that.

~Dysole, who can't recall feeling dread(?) before any election ever in her life
Old November 2nd, 2016, 10:40 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Aldin.

Reasonable people might disagree about whether Clinton would be a *good* President. The best criticisms of her, IMHO, come from the left: she is somewhat hawkish, for a Democrat, and not aggressively liberal.

Reasonable people do not disagree about whether Trump would be a good President. He would be terrible, and if you think things can't get worse, you are wrong. Nothing good would come from 4 years of Trump. No catharsis, no third party rising from the ashes. Just wreckage.

It's already humiliating enough, on the international stage, that he's been nominated. He has no redeeming qualities. He is not smart enough or tough enough; he has no desire to learn or any demonstrated ability to surround himself with people who can help him. He has ridden his campaign on the backs of people who either (1) hear his dog whistles tuned to the white supremacists and their ilk, or (2) are so desperate for change that they don't realize that change for the worse is not only possible, but certain under this man, or (3) are so bad at paying attention that they don't realize that he is a cheat (tax and business), a fraud (business), and a sexual predator.

It shocks me how many people did not know that this man is being sued by a woman who accuses him of sexually assaulting her when she was a child, and there are affidavits by witnesses corroborating her story.

Oh, but every single person knows about Clinton and her little emails. Everyone is an expert on that.

No reasonable, well-informed person will cast a vote for him. Whatever your cause: supporting law enforcement, Israel, civil rights, whatever, it doesn't matter. There is a reason the conservative papers are all lining up behind Clinton. Trump's candidacy is an embarrassment to this nation on an international stage.

= =
Old November 2nd, 2016, 11:43 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Aldin.

Your post pretty much describes my feelings exactly. Well, except for the fact that Hillary has never been an option for me. Not only do I find her to be a detestable person, but I don't agree with her, at all, on any of the important issues. After some serious wrestling back and forth between Trump and a third party vote, I'm going with Trump. And for the record, I don’t give a rat's ass who thinks I'm stupid because of it. Despite what others might say, mine is a well-informed decision. Some people just have a very over-inflated opinion of their own opinions. And frankly, are pretty damn rude about it. I can't fathom how a single person in this country could vote for Hillary Clinton. I certainly can't understand the nausea inducing, glowing, over-the-top praises for her that I have seen in this thread. It blows my mind that over half the country apparently supports her. But it is their right and I won't insult them for it.

Unfortunately, I think that she has this election in the bag. God help us.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Last edited by keglo; November 3rd, 2016 at 07:34 AM.
Old November 3rd, 2016, 07:21 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Aldin.

Your post pretty much describes my feelings exactly. Well, except for the fact that Hillary has never been an option for me. Not only do I find her to be a detestable person, but I don't agree with her, at all, on any of the important issues. After some serious wrestling back and forth between Trump and a third party vote, I'm going with Trump. And for the record, I don’t give a rat's ass who thinks I'm stupid because of it. Despite what others might say, mine is a well-informed decision. Some people just have a very over-inflated opinion of their own opinions. And frankly, they are pretty damn rude about it. I can't fathom how a single person in this country could vote for Hillary Clinton. I certainly can't understand the nausea inducing, glowing, over-the-top praises for her that I have seen in this thread. It blows my mind that over half the country apparently supports her. But it is their right and I won't insult them for it.

Unfortunately, I think that she has this election in the bag. God help us.
From a purely objective prespectime what is it about the Republican platform that is so enticing? I can understand if you are wealthy, don't believe climate change is a concern, are not concerned about the rights of minorites or genders other than biologically male, or feel government should play to the tune of Christianity fundementalism.

Or is it that you believe the rupublicans will have a hands off approach to government (which really seems unlikely).

Non partisan experts and experts from both sides of the aisle including economists scientists and political scientists have all shown tge world would we be worse under the Republican platform. Or are tge experts un trustworthy?

Is it a personal quality of Clinton? If it was Khary or Gore or Obama again would that swing your vote? Tieing your vote to a personality does seem a but silly. Is it that clinton is too much of a politician? in which case does it concern you that trump is too much of a bad politician?

I'm not judging your choice or meaning to mock. I'm just curious where the Democrats seemingly reasonable platform wentry wrong and where the Republican (Seemingly dangerous to me) platform succeeded.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old November 3rd, 2016, 08:22 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
But it is their right and I won't insult them for it.
Well, I hope you don't feel insulted by my post, above. Not only did I not insult you, we don't even disagree on anything, as far as I can tell.

I said that it was unreasonable to vote for Trump, and you said you voted for him, without any reason given. So we are in perfect agreement.

I'm sorry that the civil exchange of facts and opinions preceding that caused you nausea.

edit: the view from overseas.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; November 3rd, 2016 at 08:53 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General