Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old September 20th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

900 & 1000 pt battles yesterday - made a killer board ( starting zone is all grass then the rest was all cavern floor, rocks, water , and shadow spaces. I put 2 ruins on each end and there was only 3 spaces to get into the cavern from each end - making a giant cave that worked out great and looked awesome ).

Lots of ascension - I like this so much better then Domonion
Pitch car and Laybrnth Jr.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old September 20th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Finally got in my first game of Dominion yesterday. Revisiting my last order from CSI, I've now played them all:
Castle Ravenloft
Ticket to Ride USA 1910 Expansion
Dominion
Pirate vs. Pirate

What a box of awesome.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 20th, 2010, 09:42 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
Lots of ascension - I like this so much better then Domonion
I really need to find someone local who has this one so I can try it out. I bought Heroes of Graxia instead. I haven't played yet, but I set it up and read the rules and it looks and sounds fantastic (not regretting it at all... yet).

Everytime I look at Ascension I can't get past the art, it's just... just... horrible (IMO). The game play is going to have to win me over for that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post
Finally got in my first game of Dominion yesterday. Revisiting my last order from CSI, I've now played them all:
Castle Ravenloft
Ticket to Ride USA 1910 Expansion
Dominion
Pirate vs. Pirate

What a box of awesome.
Indeed, and just think, you're barley at the tip of the iceberg as far as Dominion is concerned.

This is going to make me want give my wife the 1910 expansion, that just came in my last order, early (intended for the holidays). Played T2R again over the weekend, just a fantastic family game.

PvP fills that 10-15 minutes before bed/reading time really well.

As for Ravenloft, hopefully Santa turned a blind eye all year until now... I've been good... promise.

-insert signature here-
Old September 20th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Played Ravenloft and Hive yesterday. I was working a station for a scavenger hunt for the church yesterday for a few hours and I had 4 teens with me. Chris M who is a gaming nerd just like me and was at Gen Con with me and 3 8th grade girls. Chris and I brought a card table with us. We were outside at a school with benches. We played a few games of Hive and the girls came over to check things out. I also had Ravenloft with me and they saw the Dungeons and Dragons label on it and they said, "Sweet, a nerd game!" Needless to say they actually wanted to play it. So we got in a 5 player game of Ravenloft. They (from what I could tell amongst the 8th grade girl jokes and poking fun at each other) actually enjoyed it. There was a long fight over who got to be the ranger. Nobody wanted to be poor Everan. In fact there was some figure stealing and card stealing going on about it. Man, I'm glad my daughter(s) isn't in 8th grade yet...

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old September 20th, 2010, 01:27 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker

It was a horrble weekend for football in Iowa but, it was a great gaming weekend.
Friday:
Samurai
Cornerstone x2

Saturday:
Forbidden Island X2
Dominion

Sunday:
Worm Up!
Dominion + Intrigue & Seaside
Masons
Caribbean
Forbidden Island
Catan card game

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!
Old September 20th, 2010, 01:32 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergeek View Post
It was a horrble weekend for football in Iowa but, it was a great gaming weekend.
Friday:
Samurai
Cornerstone x2

Saturday:
Forbidden Island X2
Dominion

Sunday:
Worm Up!
Dominion + Intrigue & Seaside
Masons
Caribbean
Forbidden Island
Catan card game

Welcome to our world, especially now with the Vikings playing so miserably.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old September 20th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

I feel like all I do is post in this thread.

Got in some games with Omahavice today.
Hive x 2
Lost Cities (2 rounds)
Castle Ravenloft

It was his first time for Hive and Lost Cities and I think he enjoyed them.

We played Adventure 4 in Ravenloft (Collect 12 treasures). I was the Dwarf Cleric and he was the Ranger. The game felt very tight the whole time. We got hit pretty hard early. By the middle of the game we were starting to feel pretty confident though. We had only used 1 healing surge. The ranger had the auto-wound ability for her at will power (I forget the name) and with that and the healing attack the cleric had and his healing power we were able to push through. Man those Encounter cards can be nasty though! Great game! The more I play the more I think Descent will be sitting on my shelf. This game definitely scratches that itch for me and at a lower cost, set up time, and game time.

I also played a few games with my wife and daughter this evening.
Pirate vs. Pirate
Hive x 2
Lost Cities (3 rounds)

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old September 20th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ascension with extra points so we could really get to use these cool decks we built

Castle Panic Solo with the Midnight Madness variat - very fun

Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:05 AM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

Finally got Castle Ravenloft to the table. Played the first solo adventure. I was the Wizard. I got crushed.
Pretty fun though.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old September 22nd, 2010, 04:03 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Heroscape last night
today ascension x3
infinite cityx4

I have logged over 250 games so far this month, my best since tracking 3 years ago - very exciting for me, I am hoping to get in 300 this month and be at 10 a day average for the whole month.

Old September 22nd, 2010, 04:14 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
Heroscape last night
today ascension x3
infinite cityx4

I have logged over 250 games so far this month, my best since tracking 3 years ago - very exciting for me, I am hoping to get in 300 this month and be at 10 a day average for the whole month.
but what is your win/loss ratio?
Old September 22nd, 2010, 04:15 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd like to get in one game a month.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games