Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old June 8th, 2010, 12:58 AM

DWK9000 is surprisingly tart
Re: Wave D2 teaser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkz108 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav11111 View Post
VETERANS OF THE LAST WAR has a misprint on it. On the picture of the front of the box in the upper right corner it has "collection D12" printed on it. All the others say "D2".

For this fact, and the fact that they don't seem to fit quite right, I would say they are prototypes.
and to also back up your evidance, the back of the VETERANS OF THE LAST WAR pack has a misplaced picture of the Mind Flayer being apart of the hero set.
You guys talk like there's never been an error in the final product. I've got some Einarian Templars that say otherwise!!
Heh funny you should mention that all 4 squads of my templars have Einar's symbol on the cards lol.
Old June 8th, 2010, 01:10 AM

Yikes is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yikes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317 View Post
Why is everyone so upset about the new bases in the first place? Just use them like normal figures. There isn't a major change in it.

The double hexed bases look the same to me.
Besides the uniformity issue, I guess the way I look at this is that if WOTC just take short cuts and cobble something together using the cheapest means possible and then slap a Heroscape label on it, and I just buy it without question, then I'm reinforcing this behaviour. I'd like to see some effort made to earn my dollars and treat this game with some reverence it deserves. If it's not a viable product, then kill it. Just don't bastardize it.
What "cheapest means possible"? From what I can tell, the bases are thicker, with a similar pattern on the bottom to what we're already used to. They certainly don't look much smaller in diameter. So what are you complaining about?

I hate the naughty filter. This complaint really deserves the "B" word.
Since we do not have an official release yet, I do not know if these are indeed what the new figures will look like so it's not really a complaint .

However, if WOTC is planning to change the bases for the single figures then I'm just voicing my feedback. I don't like to complain. I'd rather chose to support or not support the direction the product is going with my purchase decisions.

As for "cheapest means possible" comment, my assumptions, based on the information available in this thread, are:
1) The new bases are different than existing Heroscape bases for single figures.
2) The new bases are the same as those of the existing D&D figures.
3) The new bases are part of the mold of the D&D figures and therefore does not need to be produced separately and hence cheaper.
4) It is easier and more cost effective to just paint the base than to attach them with glue and a sticker.
5) The use of D&D figures is a cost saving measure and this one is too.

I'm not saying "cheaper" to indicate that the new bases are of inferior quality.

Note that I do not have a problem with what the new single figure base look like (even if they are D&D bases). If all the other Heroscape figures have the same base, then I would be Ok with that. I just don't like the lowering of the standards originally set. Hm...maybe these new bases are really enhancements .

If you do not see merit in what I'm saying then yes, I guess I can see how you're thinking that I'm "B" - ing. If you do, then it's a constructive opinion.
Old June 8th, 2010, 01:17 AM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
As for "cheapest means possible" comment, my assumptions, based on the information available in this thread, are:
1) The new bases are different than existing Heroscape bases for single figures.
3) The new bases are part of the mold of the D&D figures and therefore does not need to be produced separately and hence cheaper.
4) It is easier and more cost effective to just paint the base than to attach them with glue and a sticker.
You got all that from a blurry package picture and cryptic statements from GB? Your powers of deduction are far superior to mine, I guess.
Old June 8th, 2010, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Quote:
You got all that from a blurry package picture and cryptic statements from GB? Your powers of deduction are far superior to mine, I guess.
From your post, I deduce that you have an inferiority complex, was picked on when you were a kid, and once dated a one legged woman. Gee, I'm good.
Old June 8th, 2010, 01:34 AM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317 View Post
Why is everyone so upset about the new bases in the first place? Just use them like normal figures. There isn't a major change in it.

The double hexed bases look the same to me.
Besides the uniformity issue, I guess the way I look at this is that if WOTC just take short cuts and cobble something together using the cheapest means possible and then slap a Heroscape label on it, and I just buy it without question, then I'm reinforcing this behaviour. I'd like to see some effort made to earn my dollars and treat this game with some reverence it deserves. If it's not a viable product, then kill it. Just don't bastardize it.
What "cheapest means possible"? From what I can tell, the bases are thicker, with a similar pattern on the bottom to what we're already used to. They certainly don't look much smaller in diameter. So what are you complaining about?

I hate the naughty filter. This complaint really deserves the "B" word.
Since we do not have an official release yet, I do not know if these are indeed what the new figures will look like so it's not really a complaint .

However, if WOTC is planning to change the bases for the single figures then I'm just voicing my feedback. I don't like to complain. I'd rather chose to support or not support the direction the product is going with my purchase decisions.

I'm not saying "cheaper" to indicate that the new bases are of inferior quality.

Note that I do not have a problem with what the new single figure base look like (even if they are D&D bases). If all the other Heroscape figures have the same base, then I would be Ok with that. I just don't like the lowering of the standards originally set. Hm...maybe these new bases are really enhancements .

If you do not see merit in what I'm saying then yes, I guess I can see how you're thinking that I'm "B" - ing. If you do, then it's a constructive opinion.
They're not D&D bases. You can tell from their underside that they are similar to previous Heroscape bases. The only differences are the sides.
Old June 8th, 2010, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleKing99 View Post

They're not D&D bases. You can tell from their underside that they are similar to previous Heroscape bases. The only differences are the sides.
If they're Heroscape bases, then I'm glad I'm wrong and my words have been for naught. Thanks.
Old June 8th, 2010, 01:44 AM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
It's not impossible. I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home,
they're not much bigger than two meters.
A lot of us have been using Impact Miniatures bases on our customs, they're an eighth of an inch smaller than the regular bases, but unless you hold them up to each other you can't see the difference.

Having the same stickers (thanks to Cav) goes a long way to completing the look. It sounds like these are slightly smaller than those, but let's be a bit hopeful that it will be easy to forget the difference.

The big question is will they rebase the old waves in future reprints? Does a flagbearer with any other base still smell like a ToysRus exclusive?

Last edited by fomox; June 8th, 2010 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Isn't it sort of a good sign that they care enough to make a more marketable base?
Old June 8th, 2010, 02:14 AM

CanScape has disabled reputation

Wow, this is some interesting stuff. I haven't clicked on any of the spoilers, auction pages, whatever...I don't know what a Mindflayer is, nor most of the DnD creatures other than a gelatinous cube, lol! Which I hope we get, one day...mmm, gelatinous.

I hear talk of bases...

I hear talk of complaints...

I hear talk of rumours and how to interpret them and how/why to accept them...

I've come to this conclusion: if ya don't like em, don't buy em. Even an OCD collector of Scape like me won't let something like typos and bases stop me from having it all. There's bigger fish to fry in the HS universe than to get bent outta shape over bases.

That being said, I'm holding my breath that the bases don't change.
Old June 8th, 2010, 02:49 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I want to give props to the design team. There's been a lot of contention about the DnDScape, and I've been among the more vocal against it. This wave though, is fantastic!! Many of the minis used are things that I hoped for when I first browsed through the DnD minis after hearing about the change. It looks like some of the stuff will have retro-active synergy the same way many of the Classic releases reached back a few waves to work with something else. Though we've yet to see the cards, I'm pretty confident that HeroScape's future lies in good hands and I'm eager to see what else the team can come up with.

Here's to you, designers!!!!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 8th, 2010, 02:52 AM

Scape Goes Up to 11! is surprisingly tart

I wonder if there will be a Wyrmling Wrangler in a future release? Take a turn with him, or 2-3 Wyrmlings?

Great Trades With: 'Scaper94, Sir Galahad, Gulp
Old June 8th, 2010, 02:57 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey guys, should we make another thread with the collected information thus far (the pictures of the packs along with the info from the back) as the original post? I'm looking at this thread and it's getting hard to find the most recent information.

Of course, preview Wednesday will probably start this week; if it wasn't already scheduled like that, I imagine it will be bumped up. We could just let this ride another day and then have the Pre-Release Discussion Threads like we've done the last couple times after we see the cards.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 8th, 2010, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
That "giant" is less than half the size of Jotun. Some giant paa-leeze.
[
Nah, I wasn't complaining, I was mearly comenting that the "giant" seemed small for a giant. Enjoy y'alls preview/spoiler/leak.
I agree, Clan. He's troll-sized, but not quite there for giants. I don't think they had much choice though, there wasn't anything else to name him. Fire Larger-Than-Average-Though-Not-Giant-Being probably wouldn't have flown real well.

Jugger

Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News