Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old December 2nd, 2010, 04:43 PM

Northgate knows what's in an order marker Northgate knows what's in an order marker
Pick Your Poison 02/12/11 Vineland, NJ

Details Below:

Date: 02/12/11

1181 East Landis Ave.
Vineland, NJ 08360
(856) 563-0273

Time: 12:00 - Set-up
12:45-1:00 - First Match
6:15-6:30 Results, clean-up, and prizes

*After the tournament anyone interested in playing or learning Summoner Wars is welcome to join us. Justine and I have enough game materials to have 3 games going at once.*

Army(s) Details/Format:
Pick Your Poison Format
Bring 2 500 Point Armies (24 Hexes) (No Marvel Units). With each new opponent you face, they will choose the army that you use for that matchup and you pick the army that they will use for the matchup (Ex. Northgate vs. Justine in Round 1 - Justine decides to play against Northgate's army A and Northgate decides to play against Justine's army B). Players will pick at the same time to avoid anyone picking an army that directly counters one previously picked. Your armies cannot share any common characters (Ex. Army A - Krav, Stingers x3, Braxis, Isamu - Army B cannot include any Krav, Stingers, Braxis, or Isamu).

Scoring: 5 Rounds, swiss style. Partial scoring will be in effect, so every squad member destroyed and every damage point done to a hero will be counted. After the 1st round, players with similar records will be matched up (1-0 players will be matched up against other 1-0 players, or 1-3 players will be matched up with other 1-3 or whatever is closest.)

Entry Fee: $5

Attending:
Northgate
Justine
Tom
Grunttatics
Fallow
Clancampbell
Xanth
Dragonslayer2
Dragonslayer2's Dad
Johngee (83.33% chance)
Arcus

Maybe:
King of Blanks
Taeblewalker
Kinseth
Dolan
Toa

Maps: No Glyphs, even if they are included in the map set-up!

Moltenclaw's Gulch - Brought by Northgate and Justine

Blackroot -Brought by Northgate and Justine

Embattled Fen - Brought by Arcus

Invasion - Brought by Fallow

Ice Blossom - Brought by Tom

If You Can't Take the Heat - Brought by Dragonslayer2

Badru Valley - Brought by Johngee

Turret Rocks - Brought by Northgate and Justine. FYI we will bring this map to make placement easier in later rounds.

[b]Polaris - If Necessary

Last edited by Northgate; February 12th, 2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Maps
Old December 2nd, 2010, 06:26 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: NJ/MD/PA area tournament 02/12/11 Vineland, NJ

I'm interested. Please put me on the "maybe" list for now.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 08:32 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You can add Xanth and myself to the possible list.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old December 10th, 2010, 02:54 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Thanks NorthGate. Add me also, John G., to the possibles list for now pending approval of the CinC of the Home Front (Mrs. G.) and as Clan normally says "the favor of snow and ice gods" at that time of year.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old December 13th, 2010, 03:05 PM

Northgate knows what's in an order marker Northgate knows what's in an order marker

Format Included in Description
Old December 13th, 2010, 09:06 PM

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Pick Your Poison 02/12/11 Vineland, NJ

I like the format. Now when I narrow my army choices down to two I won't have to decide which one to bring!
Old December 14th, 2010, 02:17 PM

King of Blanks has disabled reputation

Hey NG, please add me as a possible contestant...thnx.

No comment...

---------------------------------------
Member, defeated by Xanth club.
Old December 14th, 2010, 03:03 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Did I read that correctly, assuming that you forgot the comma? QUOTE: "Bring 2 500 Point Armies" ... that's Armies of twenty-five hundred points, RIGHT? If so - how are we supposed to squeeze that many figures onto a twenty-four hex Start Zone - with a minimum of 100 points PER Hex?

Haha; - ) Just kidding! It sounds like fun - I 'm always willing to try a gnu twist. If I ever wanted to play plain old vanilla traditional HeroScape again, then I'll have to get off my duff and organize my own tournament so I can choose the format, hehehe.

But for now, any H'Scape is better than NO H'Scape... it's my escape.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; December 14th, 2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Corrected typo.
Old December 14th, 2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
If I ever wanted to play plain old vanilla traditional HeroScape again, then I'll have to get off my duff and organize my own tournament so I can choose the format, hehehe.
I thought you were coming to Pitman for the tournament there. Can't get any more vanilla than an anything goes format!
Old December 14th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I'm a possible.

Old December 14th, 2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I'm a possible.
That's awesome! It will be great to see you again!
Old December 15th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

I think I should be able to make this one. Its definately in my neck of the woods. So go ahead and add me to the maybe list.

DragonSlayer2

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events