Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 19th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: SoCal Slaughter! 2010 attendance/prizes plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Marro View Post
Just an observation but I don't know if Turret Rocks and Elswin Plateau should be used if there's no glyphs. Both of those have elevation on one side of the map and a glyph on the other side to balance out. Without glyphs it's just a battle for height on half the map...
A lot of maps are designed with glyphs in mind so really, using a map sans glyphs when it comes with them "unbalances" it. I can only really think of one map designed without glyphs right now.
Old September 19th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Quote:
Just an observation but I don't know if Turret Rocks and Elswin Plateau should be used if there's no glyphs. Both of those have elevation on one side of the map and a glyph on the other side to balance out. Without glyphs it's just a battle for height on half the map...
A lot of maps are designed with glyphs in mind so really, using a map sans glyphs when it comes with them "unbalances" it. I can only really think of one map designed without glyphs right now.
I think he's just talking about using maps that are symmetrical as possible that way no player starts out disadvantaged. I think that is a perfectly fine idea. I like symmetry for my maps, that way when you win or lose its your game and some luck rather than terrain.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 19th, 2010, 06:32 PM

Remi Woo who?

The "no glyphs" makes this event quite tempting. It's an hour away though.... What prizes are in the mix right now?
Old September 19th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How does one of these bad boys sound for the prize table:

*Figures not included

These Plano stow-away tackle boxes are by far my favorite way to store Heroscape figures.

Depending on how the carpool situation works out, I may be able to bring a map or two. I'll be getting in touch with the rest of the SD guys over the next week or two and I'll get back to you on that.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old September 19th, 2010, 08:48 PM

Remi Woo who?

Is there going to be castles involved in the maps?
Old September 19th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remi View Post
Is there going to be castles involved in the maps?
Probably not. There will be maps that use the FotA set, but they probably won't use the towers. There are a few fairly balanced maps that use the FotA towers, but considering so many people consider them to be unfair/unbalanced, I don't think we'll see any of them.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old September 19th, 2010, 09:13 PM

LoneHero2008 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

-_-; Still haven't been able to get a ride, this is proving to be a most difficult task.

Old September 19th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Sorry LoneHero, I am in a similar boat and wouldn't be able to attend if not for my buddy Hextr!p.

I'll be ponying up some repaints of figures as always. Trying to narrow it down on what I can provide. Not to toot my own horn but they are often very coveted prizes.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 19th, 2010, 10:06 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Quote:
I think he's just talking about using maps that are symmetrical as possible that way no player starts out disadvantaged. I think that is a perfectly fine idea. I like symmetry for my maps, that way when you win or lose its your game and some luck rather than terrain.
Yea the other maps have some type symmetry where each side of the map is the same just in reverse and normally it's glyph balancing glyph On those two it's height balancing glyph. With no glyph people will just rush for height.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old September 19th, 2010, 10:07 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Going over my figures I believe I'm short on a squad of Rats. Did someone take home an extra squad last week?
Seems Leo gave his rats back to me instead of to you. I'll have them for you at NHSD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Not to toot my own horn but they are often very coveted prizes.
I love my war-painted Brave Arrow I won last year.

Also, I believe my collection should support me simultaneously building Road Rampage, Jagged Causeway, Invasion, and Fire Isles.

I will put something on the prize table but I'm not sure what yet.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old September 19th, 2010, 10:29 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

[quote=hivelord;1209257]
Quote:
Going over my figures I believe I'm short on a squad of Rats. Did someone take home an extra squad last week?
Seems Leo gave his rats back to me instead of to you. I'll have them for you at NHSD.

Thank you and I almost forgot that I have your Marro Drones card. Sorry about that. I was in rush when I packed up and picked up all the Marro together.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old September 20th, 2010, 01:07 AM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Thank you and I almost forgot that I have your Marro Drones card. Sorry about that. I was in rush when I packed up and picked up all the Marro together.
No biggie. Thanks for reminding me though. I probably wouldn't have noticed since I have two cards for them.

Also, I just realized I'll be coming to this event having done 24 hours straight of Improv Comedy the day before. Should be an awesome weekend.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day