Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 16th, 2011, 06:37 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun
Utah: NHSD#6 - 10/15/2011 -

Quote:
"Utah Soundoff" thread
Utah 2011 NHSD Battle report thread (with pictures)
Utah (Wasatch Front) Sixth Annual National HeroScape Day -- "Wasatch Warfare"
Saturday Oct. 15, 2011 -- 11am - 5,6pm.
Venue: University of Utah West Village -- West Community Center CC 760
Address: 1945 E. Sunnyside Ave (850 South), Salt Lake City
Directions: enter from south, clockwise to 9:00, turn right, SE to end of parking lot.

P.S. Please bring some donations for the Utah Food Bank. Thanks!

Quote:
RSVP to ensure sufficient maps.

485-point armies, 24 hexes maximum, any combo.
No Marvel. The 13 C3V and SoV customs will be allowed.
Five or six 45-minute Swiss rounds w/ 15-minute breaks.
Adults & youth all play together this year.
2:15-3pm: "Round 3.5" -- lunch/round break. Bring cash or food; kitchen available.
Thinking about ordering some Domino's Pizzas....

Check-in: after 10am. Be there at least 30 minutes early to sign in, get matched up and look around.
The first round starts at 11:30am.
Mythacle's Battleplan database is the comprehensive tool for army drafting.

Prize/for sale table:
Proposal: Top two finishers pick prizes; other prizes randomly awarded.
RotV - SotM - BftU - FotA - Game Haven gift certificate
Wave 11, 13 heroes; W.11 Elementals, W.10 Elven Warriors/roborats pack
qt.bangerang's custom Zombikazes squad.
Bangerang's sale items:
Spoiler Alert!
My sale items ($1): A few Sgt. Varan & Haduc figures (no cards), maybe a Samuel Brown.

Battlefields: Five categories this year, each with two+ different maps,
16 maps for 32 estimated players. Maps will have Power, Power/Treasure or Treasure glyphs.
2011 maps
- shown in post #2 below.
"Up & Down") Horseshoe Hill, Rising Pressure 5.1
Road) Ruins at Fort McAda, Convergence

Lava) Fire Isles (BoV) swamp version, Umbra
Snow) Arctic Divide (BoV), Fissure

Mixed) Grendel, Guardian,
Mixed) Burial Marsh (BoV), Soggy Bottom

(26) attendees:
1) UtahScott
2) wjscaper
3) beisaic
4-5) beisaic friends - partial attendance
6-7) twigleg2 & friend
8 ) Bro-man
9-10) Ninjaman1993 +1
11-12) the Game Haven duo
13) the B.I.V.
14-15) Burnett clan +1
16) Vivaldi
17-18 ) Tiranx clan [ID] +1
19-20) qt.bangerang [ID] +1
21-22) Bangerter clan +1
23) Onichi - partial attendance
24-26) yoyowilly17230 + friends

Can't make it
Deadmaxx *
"(+1)" *
ScottManDeath *
ortimus *
tannergx
HokshilaTo
King clan
Lords clan
Hamilton clan
Cavalier's clan
some Bangerters

* = last-minute no-shows/cancellations

Glyph List last year's
Spoiler Alert!
Round setup:
Spoiler Alert!

Previous Utah NHSD maps
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by UtahScott; October 2nd, 2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: updating attendance Oct.12
Old August 17th, 2011, 04:21 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: UTAH: 6th annual NHSD Oct. 15, 2011 - "Wasatch Warfare"

Note: For optimal viewing, set the Page Layout/Style Options at the bottom of this page to "Wide."
You should have two columns of pictures with aligned names & links underneath.

1) "Up and Down"

Horseshoe Hill -- killometer _________________________ Rising Pressure 5.1 -- killometer, asymmetric, 4 glyphs low side

2) Road

Convergence -- Swamp,BftU,FF,GenCon _______________ Ruins at Fort McAda -- castle, road, treasure

3) Lava

Umbra mod -- 4 rocks will be swapped _______________ BoV -- Fire Isles, swamp version (repeat)

4) Snow

BoV -- Arctic Divide ____________________________ Fissure -- heavy snow

5) Mixed

Guardian -- RotV,GenCon, road ______________________ Grendel -- jungle x2, treasure (optional)

BoV -- Burial Marsh -- swamp,BftU,forest ______________ Soggy Bottom -- tannergx, treasure

Last edited by UtahScott; October 12th, 2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old August 19th, 2011, 01:52 AM

Re: UTAH: 6th annual NHSD Oct. 15, 2011 - "Wasatch Warfare"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onichi
for the sake getting the conversation rolling I like these guys (not sure if they're all touney-legal, though)

basic) Soulrazor Canyon
road) Marr Highway or Highways and Dieways
lava) Fire Isles
snow) Arctic Divide
castle) The Abandoned Outpost
trees/jungle) Quasatch Playground
Thanks, Onichi. Soulrazor Canyon is out (unless modified for height), as the pillars are inaccessible to attack by non-flyers.
Old August 24th, 2011, 05:30 PM

Re: UTAH: NHSD#6 - 10/15/2011 - "Wasatch Warfare"- drafting

Quote:
Originally Posted by twigleg2
I just noticed your post about NHSD. I would love to vote on the final maps. For now, some of my map nominations are: arctic divide, burial marsh, sirocco, kodiak, bad moon rising, highways and dieways.
Noted, and thank you! Anyone that wants to vote is welcome, once a preliminary list is up.
Old August 27th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
No Marvel. C3V and SoV customs will be allowed, if released.
Am I the only one who finds this odd? No Marvel, whic,h even if unloved, are official units, but customs are welcome?

Just found it a bit odd. I'm not likely to bring either, just an observation.
Old August 27th, 2011, 02:07 PM

wjscaper knows what's in an order marker wjscaper knows what's in an order marker

I agree, I don't know much about the C3V or SoV, I would like to stick to just official and bring the other for a fun game day or something. Just my opinion. It probably only involves one or two people anyways. Most people don't have or know what is the C3V or SoV.

Okay so I checked our stake center across from the library and it is booked with volleyball games all day. So it is out. I am trying to get my ward house which is just down the street. I will get back to you on this. So far a no go.

My vote so far: Convegence, Fissure, Quasatch Playground, Guardian, Scavenger’s Folly, Crystal Watch, Bad Moon Rising, Sirocco, I would like to see a few more map choices as well.

Last edited by wjscaper; August 27th, 2011 at 03:38 PM.
Old August 27th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I am hoping that you'll still choose to use SoV and C3V units even though they will be somewhat less likely to appear. We have been working hard to make our stuff perfect for use with the official game pieces. Which is something Marvel was never designed for as has been stated by Truth and Guru. If not we fully understand and hope that others will consider the possibility in the future.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old August 28th, 2011, 11:27 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Up and Down and Smokey's Lament are my votes for maps. I have played a lot with the Zombie Hulk, a SoV unit, and I would have no problems facing against or using them at a tournament. However, my whole goal this year is to beat beisaic. So, I am going to try and build a very competitive army.

@beisaic-- You said you were going to use my units against me at the next NHSD. Excited to see what you bring. Thanks again for that trade.
Old August 29th, 2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortimus
I don't follow the Heroscape threads too much anymore, so I am not sure what you are referring to with C3V and SoV customs, but to me it makes no sense that official marvel characters are not allowed but customs are. I say no Customs.

Isn't this supposed to be an official but local Tournament?

Not sure if this should be in this thread or the other one, but this seems to be the thread that gets read.
I'm not sure which this should go into either, I'm putting it here because it seems like people are commenting here (almost never happened in our past NHSD threads).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahNHSD
No Marvel. C3V and SoV customs will be allowed, if released.
Am I the only one who finds this odd? No Marvel, which even if unloved, are official units, but customs are welcome?

Just found it a bit odd. I'm not likely to bring either, just an observation.
I've got these customs, but probably won't field them. It sounds like they'll be ready before NHSD, though--I assume around the end of September.

To address Cavalier & ortimus: A few things are going on in my initial posting:
1) I cut & pasted the NHSD format from last year, added a couple extras to get this year's post up and running quickly. The "no Marvel" stipulation was from last year. A majority of those who responded said no Marvel. I don't mind them, personally; only ten figures, it seems ridiculous to permanently forbid such a readily available figure set. I have no problem if people want to use Marvel this year, and will adjust the announcement accordingly.
2) I'm excited to see the C3V/SoV stuff. The "real" game has ended, but I'd like to see holes in some factions addressed, and these projects seem to me to be the best way to do it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by C3V Goal #1
To continue the creation of Heroscape by creating new custom designs that are 100% compatible with each other and all of the official Heroscape License.
With a staff of 20, and dozens of community playtesters, I think this group effort is the best way to fill in these holes. I don't want 'Scape to remain a static corpse. SoV will be pulling existing customs into the C3V project, so all the "new" stuff works with all the official stuff. I suggest waiting to see Custom Wave 14 released before passing judgment, but will again defer to the majority on including these "unofficially official" customs in NHSD.
3) I intended the "no Marvel" to reflect designers' opinions that Marvel is its own system and wasn't designed to be used with classic HeroScape. SuperHeroScape now has dozens of figures beyond the Marvel set via the C3G, and can properly stand on its own for those who want that flavor.
As far as our NHSD Tournament being "official," all HeroScape is local. GenCon events have their own format for those who go there. While several groups jumped on the October [NHSD] bandwagon initiated by Ohio's Tree Town Open, and while there is prize support from R˙chean, Hasbro & WotC based on attendance numbers, there are no standards; each does it differently. Some use Marvel, some don't. Some have free play, some do Rolling Rumble or Swiss format matchups. I defer to the voting locals here; determining this is complicated, as some players don't care, many attendees aren't involved with this site at all.

Three questions to be voted on for our NHSD, then:
1) Allow Marvel figures, yes or no?
2) Allow C3V/SoV customs, yes or no? (after seeing the cards)
3) Scoring format: Should we continue the "winners play winners, losers play losers to determine an ultimate winner" Swiss-style tournament OR should we switch to a "Rolling Rumble" format this year, where players pick their own opponents instead of being assigned by the software? [Poor Korman has to run the computer all day instead of playing.] Rolling Rumble allows players to start another game without having to wait for the entire room to finish. It also includes a stipulation to find opponents who are as close as possible to your own win-loss record. Secondary rankings allow a player playing more games to be slightly higher than one with fewer games, and the primary ranking (I think) is by win percentage, where a 4-2 player is even with a 2-1 player. Strength-of-schedule also factors into it.

I'm done with maps (9/1).
I'm also considering Prize categories for "Deadliest Army" and "Biggest Shield," where players tally every successful hit, and every successful Defense. This would require a lot of hash marks, but I'm intrigued by the concept.

Your feedback on this or other topics is appreciated. (As I've said in previous years, I hate feeling like I'm making all the decisions... )

Last edited by UtahScott; September 2nd, 2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old August 29th, 2011, 02:23 PM

beisaic knows what's in an order marker beisaic knows what's in an order marker

1) Yes Marvel.
2) No on customs; I don't think there will be enough time for A) those who might want the new figures to get them after they are revealed and B) players to adapt their armies to the new figures. Next year, perhaps it will be time to allow some customs.
3) Rolling rumble sounds like it could be fun.

Deadliest army/Biggest shield are intriguing, but I see a lot of people forgetting, etc. For my part, I'd rather just ignore all the stats and bookkeeping and just play.

Good trades: BobGrant, SuperflyTNT, MikeR, dragn0422, Rocktroll, Tiranx, majis0, cosmosis, Hilo-scaper, DWK9000, Gurei-Ornery

My Trade List
Old August 29th, 2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beisaic View Post
For my part, I'd rather just ignore all the stats and bookkeeping and just play.
How then do we allocate the prize support without some sort of ranking mechanism?
Old August 29th, 2011, 02:57 PM

beisaic knows what's in an order marker beisaic knows what's in an order marker

I mean just in the case of hit/miss ratios for determining Deadliest Army and Biggest Shield. Tracking points killed, win/loss ratio and everything else I fully support.

Good trades: BobGrant, SuperflyTNT, MikeR, dragn0422, Rocktroll, Tiranx, majis0, cosmosis, Hilo-scaper, DWK9000, Gurei-Ornery

My Trade List

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day