Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old February 4th, 2016, 05:29 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Andrew Luck is overrated.
It's early to judge and reasonable minds can disagree. I think he was overhyped after his first two years on the back of an unsustainable record in close games against a soft schedule. But he steadily improved, and was pretty darn elite by his third year.

Then he was hurt this year, for the first time. Will that be a pattern? And/or was his steady improvement a mirage and he's actually not as good as he was in 2014? I personally think not, and judge him highly, but it's obviously not an open and shut case.
Old February 4th, 2016, 08:17 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I guess it depends on how hurt he was in the games he played last season and whether he'll recover from those injuries going forward, because he wasn't the best quarterback on his team in most of the games he played last season, let alone an elite QB in the league. Suffice to say, I think he got crowned too soon, partially due to playing in such a soft division and being a #1 overall pick who was drafted to much fanfare and got to the playoffs early in his career.

I think he's good but maybe not quite the cut above most of the pack that people thought. That's Cam's crown now.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 4th, 2016, 08:28 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I think he's good but maybe not quite the cut above most of the pack that people thought. That's Cam's crown now.
Cam Newton right now might be the biggest single difference-maker I have ever seen on a football team.

Also, I think his antics are great for the game.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 4th, 2016, 10:19 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I've heard Cam referred to recently, many times and without irony, as the most polarizing figure in the league. This would make sense if the entire country was the town from the movie "Footloose", I guess. But in the world I live in, it seems insane.
Old February 4th, 2016, 10:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd think Johnny Manziel would have that honor. Or the crazy defensive player who threw his gf on a pile of guns that the Cowboys finally cut.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 4th, 2016, 11:04 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I've heard Cam referred to recently, many times and without irony, as the most polarizing figure in the league. This would make sense if the entire country was the town from the movie "Footloose", I guess. But in the world I live in, it seems insane.
Well you live in the world where a men's rights group wants to make rape legal. There was supposed to be simultaneous meetings in like 32 cities.

So yeah, I can see Cam being polarizing. You have the same people that don't mind Rodgers' Discount Double Check, but hate Cam's celebration.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 4th, 2016, 11:05 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Greg Hardy. As far as I can tell, the most despicable man in the NFL.

= =
Old February 5th, 2016, 10:56 AM

I guess this is the issue with the term "polarizing". Is Greg Hardy polarizing? I don't really think so; you've got the people who think he's a terrible person, and the people who choose to ignore that he's a terrible person.

Honestly, I think Brady (cheater or not cheater?) might be the most legitimately polarizing figure in the NFL. Cam is up there, and I'll just say again that that is crazy. (I'd say more, but this is an NFL thread, not a politics thread.)

I'll be rooting for the Broncos, of course, but I do like this Panthers team. I always have a soft spot for teams that play differently than everybody else, particularly in the copycat NFL.
Old February 5th, 2016, 11:09 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I agree that Cam and Rodgers celebrations are good for the game. I think the league has tried to kill individuality, but thankfully the players won't let that happen.
Greg Hardy is a great example of people who didn't deserve a second chance but got one, when Ray Rice didn't.
Personally, I know that the Colts management strategy has been to put as little around a great QB as possible. They did it with Manning and they're doing it again with Luck.
Brady IS a cheater, that's documented, but what that comes down to is if cheating is part of life or you don't support it. Personally, I can't stand that the Hatriots and Bill Belicheat have gotten away with it.
As far as Manziel goes, for some reason he and Tim Tebow garner more press than the starting QB on their team (when actually on a roster), Johnny is talented but he needs to grow up. If he hasn't already, he's gonna party himself right out of the NFL.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old February 5th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I guess this is the issue with the term "polarizing". Is Greg Hardy polarizing? I don't really think so; you've got the people who think he's a terrible person, and the people who choose to ignore that he's a terrible person.

Honestly, I think Brady (cheater or not cheater?) might be the most legitimately polarizing figure in the NFL. Cam is up there, and I'll just say again that that is crazy. (I'd say more, but this is an NFL thread, not a politics thread.)

I'll be rooting for the Broncos, of course, but I do like this Panthers team. I always have a soft spot for teams that play differently than everybody else, particularly in the copycat NFL.
I wasn't saying Hardy is polarizing. I was identifying the guy Bats was referring to:
Quote:
I'd think Johnny Manziel would have that honor. Or the crazy defensive player who threw his gf on a pile of guns that the Cowboys finally cut.
There are people who will defend guys like Hardy on the principle that what happens outside the lines literally does not matter. I'm the opposite; I think it matters more. So don't ask me to defend that position.

Brady is polarizing; probably the most polarizing guy in the league, in that everyone knows who he is and some people, even non-Patriots fans, think he's terrific. Others think he's a cheater, or plays dirty, or is a whiner, and (1) those people are correct, and (2) they don't like him. Despite his glossy resume.

I don't think Manziel is polarizing; I don't know anybody who sees him as anything other than the Ryan Leaf copycat that he is. As you and the other Broncos fans know, dok, Tim Tebow was polarizing. He's gone now, though. In the Chargers community, I imagine Philip Rivers is polarizing. Loads of talent, but (IIRC) reported to be kind of a jerk, and hasn't ever been more than a regular-season success story.

= =
Old February 5th, 2016, 12:43 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Jay Cutler is pretty darn polarizing.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 5th, 2016, 01:17 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Jay Cutler is pretty darn polarizing.
If by polarizing you mean that most people go "meh", then I'd agree with you.

~Aldin, living 20 miles from Vanderbilt and simply can't be bothered to follow Cutler

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV