Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old July 7th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: 100% Theoryscape

I've added this thread (and Wriggz' compilation of other theory threads) to the Index. Fun, thoughtful things in this thread, Sarpedon; thanks.
Old July 7th, 2009, 06:35 PM
has been BANNED

Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby!

Thank you, 1Mmirg.

I'm honoured.
Old July 7th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Warning! Reading my posts may make you smarter

mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree. Great work on the thread, Sarpedon!
Old July 7th, 2009, 11:17 PM
has been BANNED

Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks, mccombju.

I really appreciate your contributions as well as those of others who have written. It was your collective responses more than my posts that have made this thread what it is. Well done.

I'll write up a new post when I feel the inspiration. I don't like to post unless I have something new/creative to contribute. Thanks again, everyone.
Old July 7th, 2009, 11:20 PM

Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker

I have an idea:
What if they made common squads of say six figures per card but they didn't have a special...

_____Name_______
life- 1
range-1
move-5
attack-2
defense-1
cost 110

Dund is just tricky, that's all.
Old July 7th, 2009, 11:32 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

I too want to see something interesting with squads as far as numbers. Another two unit squad or a five figure squad. Not sure about unique or common, but just add more variation.
Old July 7th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarpedon View Post
From experience, I've seen that there are (at least) three major categories of "good" players.

The first is the truly casual player. This is someone who plays almost entirely for the social experience

The second type is what I call the puzzle-solver. This type of player is interested in examining and experimenting with the game system itself.

The third type (mine) is the competitive player. Victory is everything and must be achieved by effort, sacrifice, guile, cleverness and skill.
I really like these stylistic breakdowns, Sarpedon. Something I find interesting is that my HS circle is 3 people, and each one of us falls neatly into one of those catagories.

I'd place myself mostly in the second type-I love the analysis and math involved in the game-hence my constant list development.

My brother is firmly in the third catagory-he doesn't want to simply win, he wants to crush his opponent.

The third person in our group fits your first type perfectly-win, lose, it's all the same as long as everyone had a good time together.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old July 7th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think there's got to be a lot of the second type in most people who have any significant number of posts here. Otherwise, why would we spend so much time talking about the game?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 8th, 2009, 02:48 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think there's got to be a lot of the second type in most people who have any significant number of posts here. Otherwise, why would we spend so much time talking about the game?
That's a good point. My brother comes here for the Books and the occasional glance at some of the armies and my friend doesn't come here at all. Neither of them are into the Theoryscaping the way I am.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old July 8th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarpedon View Post
From experience, I've seen that there are (at least) three major categories of "good" players.

The first is the truly casual player. This is someone who plays almost entirely for the social experience

The second type is what I call the puzzle-solver. This type of player is interested in examining and experimenting with the game system itself.

The third type (mine) is the competitive player. Victory is everything and must be achieved by effort, sacrifice, guile, cleverness and skill.
Is anyone else reminded of Magic's Timmy, Johny, and Spike?

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old July 8th, 2009, 05:13 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker

I think it is fair to say that I am not the first type of 'Scaper you highlight. I see much of myself in your second description and a little of myself in the third.

So, I guess I can call myself a puzzle solver with a competitive edge?

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old July 8th, 2009, 06:12 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

So, my most memorable Heroscape experience, over several weeks, was a friendly competition with GladDragon. We didn't have many of the expansions then. And he realized that I like to have fun, but I get the most fun out of winning. Which I did frequently.

Then he brought out the Q9/Krav/Raelin combo and started just killing me. I didn't have any of the great Q9 counters and didn't know what to do. So I was forced to become 'Scaper number 2, looking for a way to beat this combo. And he kept bringing it, laughing all the way to my various funerals. Drake, dead. Izumi, worthless. No stingers, minions, or Krug available.

Ultimately, an unusual combo of Venoc Warlord, 2x Venoc Vipers, Jotun, and the Anubian Wolves, played just right, got the job done. I have never had any experience since then be so satisfying.

So, if you find yourself solidly in one of these buckets, branch out! Your fun will only multiply.

AW88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles