Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old August 4th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun
Hydra Head Removal Instructions - Filthy's Version

Greetings,
First off, these instructions were inspired by Killometer's thread: Hydra with removable heads. Rather than convolute his thread, I decided to post my version here. Note: this version might not look the best, but it can be done with a very cheap budget...Namely, items that you probably have laying around your house.

What you need:
  1. 1 hydra
  2. 1 pair of scissors or small hedge trimmers; anything that will produce a good, clean cut
  3. 1 paper clip
  4. Vice grips
  5. Needle-nose pliers and/or wire cutter
  6. 1 stove burner

Instructions:

Using your scissor or trimmers, slice off each of the hydra's heads at a somewhat flat angle, and close to the base of the neck. The plastic is nice and soft, so it will be very easy to cut cleanly through your hydra. You can vary the size of the decapitated head; in fact, I did this to make it easier to match the heads and neck stumps.

Use the needle-nose pliers to straighten out a paper clip. Snip off 4 roughly half-inch segments. Optional: you can use a lighter to heat up the paper clip and make it easer to cut.

Turn on your stove burner to the maximum temperature. Once the burner glows red, place one of the paper clip segments in the vice grip (with about half of the clip length protruding out of the vice grips) on the burner. Leave it on the burner for about 2 - 3 minutes. NOTE and DISCLAIMER: Do not leave the burner unattended! And, if you do not have insulated hand grips on the vice grips, they could get hot...Please use caution!

Once the paper clip segment is nice and hot, use the vice grips to slowly push the end of the paper clip into the middle of the neck stump on your hydra (one hand holds the vice grips; the other holds the base of the hydra). Slowly work the paper clip in a circling motion: the goal is to make the hole in the neck stump slightly wider than the width of the segment. You will need to reheat the paper clip every 20 seconds, as we need it to be piping hot in order to plunge cleanly into the hydra. Repeat this step for each of the four stumps.

Once you have the holes in the stumps, you will need to "screw" the hot segments into the hydra's heads. Heat up each segment, then place the middle of the hydra's severed head on the segment and slowly screw it down. Ideally, you want half of the segment to sink into the hydra's head. The screwing motion will melt the plastic sufficiently enough to lock the segment into the hydra's head. Repeat this until you have a segment stuck in each of the four heads.

Give the hydra heads about 5 minutes to completely cool. You can then drop the head segments into your hydra's body. There will be a small line where the head meets the body, but it should be no more noticeable than the seams that join the rest of the hydra's body together. If the gap is rather large, take the severed head and touch the stove burner (very quickly, mind you; plastic melts fast!), then stick the head back on the neck stump. This will help to form a tighter "seal" on the neck gap. NOTE: plastic is toxic, so be sure not to breathe the fumes. I recommend turning on a fan or opening a window, just to be on the safe side.

You should now have a hydra with removable heads!

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; August 4th, 2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old August 4th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Hydra Head Removal Instructions - Filthy's Version

Very cool!
Old August 4th, 2010, 11:10 AM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

You could also cut off the hydra heads, get little magnets and drill a hole into the neck and the head so the magnets fit.

Just an idea, Filthy, you should paint the inner neck red so it looks all bloody.
Old August 4th, 2010, 11:12 AM

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post
Just an idea, Filthy, you should paint the inner neck red so it looks all bloody.
But everybody knows that hydras have black blood. Actually, I was going to paint the stumps red, but my wife did not have any red nail polish. Pink would not quite have the same effect.

Cheers,
Filthy
Old August 4th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Speculation has proven that I don't understand one of those two words

Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker

Very nice! I should buy an extra Hydra from Auggies to practice on...
Old August 4th, 2010, 03:51 PM

SonOfDumbledore is surprisingly tart

That is WAY cooler than just putting a wound marker on. This way, you can't possibly forget to attack only two times instead of four (which I have done. Silly me.)
Old August 4th, 2010, 03:54 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

Sweet!! Awesome job Filthy!
Old August 4th, 2010, 04:17 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Very awesome!

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old August 4th, 2010, 04:53 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfDumbledore View Post
That is WAY cooler than just putting a wound marker on. This way, you can't possibly forget to attack only two times instead of four (which I have done. Silly me.)
I'm sure your opponent wasn't happy.

Great post Filthy.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 4th, 2010, 05:01 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfDumbledore View Post
I'm sure your opponent wasn't happy.

Great post Filthy.
He wasn't.
Old August 4th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Looks good. Hopefully this will motivate me to get mine made up pretty soon (I've only been talking about it for 4 months without actually doing anything .

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old August 5th, 2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Looks good. Hopefully this will motivate me to get mine made up pretty soon (I've only been talking about it for 4 months without actually doing anything .
I am looking forward to seeing how the magnet route turns out. Better yet: build a switch in the back of the hydra so that the heads move up and down.

Thanks,
Filthy

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions