Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 16th, 2016, 04:47 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Hexes in Texas - Dallas/Ft Worth NHSD 2016

11th Annual Hexes In Texas
National Heroscape Day and Tournament

Details
When: Saturday, October 15th, 2016
1:00pm to 5ish pm; we will play at least 3 rounds or up to 5 depending on how many players we get.
Where:
Plaid Hat Games
15928 Midway Rd.
Addison, TX 75001
truth has so graciously agreed to have the event at Plaid Hat Games in Addison. You will need to bring your own refreshments. There will be a pizza order placed as we kick things off. If you want to join in the pizza, bring some cash. We will drum up an order below. There is very little within walking distance. This is right outside Addison airport at Keller Springs and Midway.
Entry Fee: None

Prizes: Bring an item for the prize table if you like, not required.
It can be anything you think the group might like. Most people will be bringing stuff in the range of $10-$20. This can include games, comics, books, DVDs, etc.....even pineapples. Used items are certainly acceptable, but please not used pineapples.
CVN and Dad_Scaper are providing something as well for NHSD events.
Tournament Format:
Double Blind - Kill 'em all!!
Army Construction:
  • Point limit: 525
  • Starting spaces: 24 hexes
  • No marvel allowed
  • Restricted List: Each army can only have one card which is on the restricted list below (you can have multiples of the same common). Example: An army can have Raelin, but then you can't have Krav, or rats, etc. If you have Major Q9, you can't have Stingers, etc.
Restricted List:
Spoiler Alert!

Maps

Spoiler Alert!

Glyphs

Spoiler Alert!

Attendees:

1. R˙chean
2. Dignan
3. Rexmax2
4. StacySensei
5. jaramillohector
6. jaramillohector +1
7. Rym
8. AnubianWolf88
9. AnubianWolf88 son
10. AnubianWolf88 daughter
11. Boodog
12. Drlivingston
13. ScottMKIV
14. truth
15. Piherculis
16. Nightwing
17. hextr1p

Maybe

1. Kirk
2. aahzmandius
3. jaramillohector +1
4. twilkerson
5. iRNman
6. tmac

Pizza Participants & Preferences:
Spoiler Alert!

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; October 11th, 2016 at 06:12 PM. Reason: map update
Old September 16th, 2016, 04:58 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Hexes in Texas - Dallas / Ft Worth NHSD 2016

Awesome! Thanks for getting the thread up. I'll be there.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old September 16th, 2016, 05:01 PM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I will get the maps selected in a few days or so.

It is pretty damn awesome of truth to let us have it at plaid Hat. We will probably mostly be set up in the warehouse.

Don't be mucking with stuff & bring your own refreshments responsibly. It should be a blast!!

Last edited by R˙chean; October 5th, 2016 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Looking at you DrL
Old September 17th, 2016, 02:25 PM

@Tmac2200 , @AnubianWolf88 , @DrLivingston , @Piherculis , @dragon , @Rexmax2 , @nathan athonius , @Valcor , @CheddarLimbo , @LightBringer , @Puffy , @Velenne , @rym , @Crazybarks123 , @BroInLaw , @lipman , @StacySensei , @wisinger , @Boodog , @capsocrates , @Scott , @jaramillohector , @Revdyer , @Fencerjared , @Sweetcurse , @Panopticon , @wolfman1968 , @GladDragon , @podwest , @labrhat , @truth , @Camb0t , @wbdhoc , @Eiyuu , @Rodriquez , @markwars , @Annerios , @DFlynSqrl , @ninthdoc , @InfinityMax , @Grungebob , @UranusPChicago , @geddy lifeson , @DrinkMoreGuinness , @hextr1p , @D-Dyzzle , @Double Oak , @Finrod , @saintBYgrace , @Jonathan , @LongHeroscaper , @aahzmandius , @kurisenshi , @Dr. Weirdscaper , @Dicemaster , @jwsanders , @Lord Trask , @Dissolutio , @killergoat72 , @vertigosmooth , @Ratnic , @Armageddon , @sonlenmaster , @Pear-Headed Man , @Plordigian , @donkeroo ,

You can't blame a guy for trying, right?

I know some of you have moved or never lived here in the first place, but you had attended in the past, shown interest, or live here now. Don't worry if you no longer have a heroscape collection as mine is open to any who need to borrow anything. I am sure others can help too.

Please join us!

Anybody else we can try to scare up??????

Last edited by R˙chean; September 17th, 2016 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Think I'll send everyone a pm too
Old September 17th, 2016, 04:24 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Hexes in Texas - Dallas/Ft Worth NHSD 2016 @Plaid Hat Ga

Still hating on Marvel... SMH

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old September 17th, 2016, 05:29 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'll be in Texas the next weekend, but unfortunately CO-to-TX is a much longer drive than OK-to-TX, so I won't make it.

I did share this thread with some friends that live in the area and some others that might imaginably commute from OK.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 17th, 2016, 06:43 PM

Thanks cap. I knew you wouldn't be able to make it here but figured I was blasting all these names, what could it hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc View Post
Still hating on Marvel... SMH
Hey ninthdoc! good to see you post for the first time in nearly 6 years. That made the shoutout worth it right there.

I could be fuzzy but I don't recall you being too vocal about marvel mix at tournaments. What is your opinion of the restricted list?

Last edited by R˙chean; September 17th, 2016 at 08:36 PM. Reason: fuzzy
Old September 17th, 2016, 07:56 PM
Joseph King, Retired

Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby!

I should be there for this tournament, not sure about who else is coming with me

Jokes Everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
theats, allow me to introduce you to Rexmax2 he's our personal Heroscaper entertainer .
Old September 18th, 2016, 12:04 AM

StacySensei Woo who?

I will probably be coming. Trying to get Kirk to come as well.

Deep within the human subconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. The true universe is always one step beyond logic.
Old September 18th, 2016, 12:54 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I wish I could go. I remember when PlaidHat games was in Fremont, OH (when it was just Colby aka @truth and a few friends) and we had a Heroscape & Summoner Wars tourney in NE Ohio that Frank aka @killercactus organized and truth came to it. Now I checked the link in the OP to PlaidHat's about page and I guess Colby moved to Texas and Frank (killercactus) works as a Summoner Wars' Lead Playtester; man times have moved on.
Old September 18th, 2016, 11:49 AM

aahzmandius is surprisingly tart

I'm still out there, though I no longer have my collection of HS stuff.
Will give it a think and get back to you.
--Aahz
Old September 18th, 2016, 12:33 PM

jaramillohector Woo who?

Hey guys,

This really sounds like fun. My youngest wants to play as well. You can put me down and my son. i will see if my oldest is interested. Let me know how much to pitch in for the pizza and drinks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day