Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 2nd, 2016, 04:33 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart
NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2016

All is negotiable!
First you must quickly let me know if Saturday, 10/15, is not possible.
Alright, I've copied and pasted last year's info below - changing the date.
Let me know what you guys think about format - the good and the bad.
And please give us an idea of whether you plan on attending, can't make it or just don't know
Thanks!

Hello all diehard 'scapers,
Saturday, 10-15-2016, again at my apartment's rec. room at
14960 Sherman Way, Olive Tree Apartments, Van Nuys, 91405.
Hours are 8AM - 11PM. I was told that if necessary we may enter before 8AM.
I have enough tables/chairs for 14 games, so if more than 28 contestants sign-up we'll need more equipment.
Anyone wanting to stay for more gaming after the tournament is more than welcome!
There is a small kitchen for food prep. and storage.
There is a boys' restroom and a girls' restroom.
If you want alcohol, I suggest you wait until after the tournament and bring your own supply.
There is a good deal of parking (do not use the church parking @ Kester intersection) but try and carpool because there is a lot of competition for those spots.

Location: warriorneedsfoodbadly's clubhouse in Van Nuys (map)
Date: Saturday, 10/15
Time: 11:00 AM check-in, 12:00 PM begin play, tournament until 4:00 PM or 5:00 PM (no breaks for food, so bring lunch/snacks!), free play and pizza (not free) afterwards

Rules:
Format: swiss/simple, either 5 matches or 6 if more than 32 people, timed matches (see below), partial scoring, dual army play (see below)
Cost: $7 per contestant for prizes and rental of space.
Armies: 520pts, 24 spaces
May switch to a backup army once, if you have at least one loss, on your third or fourth match.
VC: allowed.
Marvel: not allowed
Glyphs: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37362
Power Glyphs/Treasure Glyphs:
Random Treasure Glyph pool:

Heroic Rune (+1 attack)
Brooch of Shielding (disengage)
Scarab of invunerability(temp)
Potion of Healing (temp)

Treasure Glyph Traps:

• If you roll a 1–5, you set off the trap. Leave the Treasure Glyph symbol-side
up, roll a battle die - a skull results in unblockable wound on attempting Hero.
• If you roll a 6 or higher, you did not set off the trap, and the figure that
landed on the Treasure Glyph now picks up the Treasure Glyph.

Random Power Glyph pool:

Glyph of Wannok (Wound)
Glyph of Valda (Move +2)
Glyph of Dagmar (Initiative +8 )
Glyph of Kelda (Healer)
Glyph of Gerda (Defense +1)

Must Bring: Your army; army cards; dice; order markers; wound markers; special markers if appropriate.
Can Bring: Snacks/drinks; a contribution to the prize table.

Thanks,
wnfb

New Restricted List
The restricted list is composed of two parts: primary units and filler units. Your army can contain no more than one restricted primary unit, and no more than one restricted filler unit. If a restricted primary unit is common or uncommon, your army may contain multiples of that unit, up to a maximum of 300 points. If a restricted filler unit is common or uncommon, and you want to take multiples of that unit, you must treat it as a restricted primary unit instead.

Restricted Primary Units:
  • Deathreavers (A+)
  • Major Q9 (A+)
  • Raelin - RotV (A+)
  • 4th Massachusetts Line (A)
  • 10th Regiment of Foot (A)
  • Blastatrons (A)
  • Cathar Spearmen (A)
  • Fen Hydra (A)
  • Grimnak (A)
  • Heavy Gruts (A)
  • Knights of Weston (A)
  • Krav Maga Agents (A)
  • Major Q10 (A)
  • Marro Stingers (A)
  • Nilfhiem (A)
  • Quahon (A)
  • Sir Gilbert (A)
  • Vulcanmech Incendiborgs (A)
  • Airborne Elite (A-)
  • Braxas (A-)
  • Cyprien Esenwein (A-)
  • Greenscale Warriors (A-)
  • Kaemon Awa (A-)
  • Krug (A-)
  • Roman Legionnaires (A-)
  • Zelrig (A-)
Restricted Filler List:
  • Isamu (A)
  • Marcu Esenwein (A)
  • Marro Warriors (A)
  • Black Wyrmling (A-)
  • Eldgrim (A-)
  • Me-Burq-Sa (A-)

YES
1. warriorneedsfoodbadly
2. Xotli
3. the Smaller Animal
4. Quillon
5. Leotheanimal87
6,7,8. 3 with Quillon
9,10. hivelord and pop

MAYBE
1. Detrimentalman
2,3. 2 with Detrimentalman

NO
1. Quillon's friend's dad
2. the Smaller Animal's friend
3. Garada

Last edited by Xotli; October 12th, 2016 at 06:55 PM. Reason: updated with new info
Old September 3rd, 2016, 11:41 AM

Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2016

Status? @RenMan @Detrimentalman @Leotheanimal87 @The Silver King
Spread the word to increase participation!
Old September 3rd, 2016, 12:17 PM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart

I'll try to introduce the game to some people next month.

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old September 5th, 2016, 08:09 PM

Yea! More converts
Old September 14th, 2016, 05:28 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

No one I've talked to so far has any issues with the proposed date.

The Smaller Animal will be just fresh back from nearly 2 weeks of camping, so hopefully he's not too tired or cranky. So, adding in @Quillon , we are 3 definites. I've also spoken to Quillon's Crew and they expressed enthusiasm to return this year, though they need to check schedules before committing. So that's another 3 possibles. Plus the Smaller Animal's pal, who came with us I think 2 years ago, and played on a team with him, is a possibility to come and play on his own. And just to top it all off, one of the crew's dad has expressed some interest, although his weekend schedule is a bit hectic, so that's a bit of a longer shot. But, all told, it's at least possible that I could be bringing a grand total of 8 people. Not that we could all fit in the truck, even. But, you know ... it would be totally awesome.

Will be working out which maps I will be bringing in the next few days so I can go ahead and build practice maps.

I don't have a burning need to change up any of the tournament rules, but, as always, I'm open to (and highly supportive of) new things and new ways to play, so throw out the mad ideas and I'll jump on your bandwagon.

Very pleased to hear @hivelord and pop might be coming this year as well. Would also love to see @Detrimentalman again. And where's @Leotheanimal87 ?

Should have a contribution for the prize table as well, since I had one last year and then forgot to bring it. So, as long as I can keep my brain screwed on this time 'round, I should have something there.

Happy to bring whatever else anyone can think of. Just sing out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 18th, 2016, 08:12 PM

I saw 2 on the SoCal thread:
@jesus20456
and
@Alastair MacDirk
Hopefully, they can attend and spread the word!
Old September 26th, 2016, 04:00 AM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Hi guys! Count me in for sure. I'd like to say that sadly, this NHSD might be my swan song. A lot has changed recently in my life and will continue to change, and with that comes more responsibilities. It's a bit hard to ask for Saturdays off from work, but this year I was lucky to have it off. Now this doesn't mean I'm never coming back, it's just that somethings I have to prioritize now over others. I guess this is what it means to be an adult. But that's life. Who knows maybe I'll be able to come next year too. I'm planning to go out with a bang and take a third championship with me. So please guys bring on your best! Love gaming with all of you, and for that reason I will a contribute to the prize table a brand spanking new copy of Arena of the Planeswalkers! Can't wait to see all of you guys again.

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old September 26th, 2016, 09:37 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
Hi guys! Count me in for sure. ...
Excellent!

Quote:
Love gaming with all of you, and for that reason I will a contribute to the prize table a brand spanking new copy of Arena of the Planeswalkers! Can't wait to see all of you guys again.
Ooohh ... that's a pretty big prize. You hear that, @hivelord and @Detrimentalman and ... anyone else who might actually have a shot to win that?

I've just gotten two confirms and one firm "no" myself, so I updated the top post. Still two outstanding "maybe"s on my end, which I will work to pin down. But we're already up to 7 firm "yes"es and 5 "maybe"s, which is pretty awesome.

Map-wise, I built Ticalla Sunrise yesterday for our first practice map, so I can bring that one easily enough. And, you know ... it turns out I never unpacked my maps from last year. So I suppose it would theoretically be super-easy to bring those two as well--just stick the boxes in the car. Assuming I can find another box for the Ticalla map. But, anywho ... @warriorneedsfoodbadly , do you want me to break out my spreadsheet again and toss out a few suggestions for what you could build? After that I should be able to post a new map list. If you and I can each do 3, that's enough for 12 people, which is just barely enough if all our "maybes" show up. (Which already makes me think we should be thinking about at least one more, just to be safe.) Who else can bring map(s)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 26th, 2016, 09:57 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey! It could be your year Xot!
I should start thinking about a prize contribution myself.

I'm at about 80% confirmed myself and if I show up, I'll bring two maps.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old September 26th, 2016, 10:19 PM

I'm always open to suggestions, Xotli.
Please, breakout the spreadsheets and give us
some links to educate us on all of those little
known army cards.
Thanks to hivelord for offering to build some maps.
It's been too long since we've seen you.
Outstanding contribution from Leotheanimal87!
Old September 30th, 2016, 01:25 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Yes please post the spreadsheet for maps. I maybe able to bring one. @warriorneedsfoodbadly did you reply to @Dad_Scaper thread about prize contributions?

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old September 30th, 2016, 01:27 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Yes please post the spreadsheet for maps. I maybe able to bring one. @warriorneedsfoodbadly did you reply to @Dad_Scaper thread about prize contributions?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day