Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 13th, 2016, 12:05 AM

randomskyfears is surprisingly tart
Re: Florida Frenzy 9.0 - NHSD 2016

I'll try to come up with some map suggestions in the next day or 2, but just wanted to let you know Burny that Sci-Fi City is a lot different than when you were there last (I think). They moved to another venue that is right across from their old location, but is much smaller. I don't know if that makes a difference or not and granted we won't need the space we used to, but thought I would throw that out there. At least it won't be a shock
Old October 13th, 2016, 09:38 AM

DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
Characters: All official HeroScape, C3V/SoV Customs up to Wave 20, and Marvel are all allowed in this tournament (but try to be original!)
Being new to the scene can someone explain what "try to be original" means?

Does this mean that:
1. There are known Overpowered combos and try to avoid those?
2. Be original in the sence of dont just put together an "avengers team" or an "X-men team" but rather mix and match?

I'm honnestly unsure what that phrase meant.
Old October 13th, 2016, 10:39 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Doc, I've been in your shoes. This is your first tournament. That component of BF's description of the format doesn't really apply to you.

He's saying don't bring cheesy Tier 1 bone-snapping armies. I don't think you or your crew would do that. Indeed, having been you myself, and having seen many people like you come to my own tournaments, I think I have a pretty good idea of what your armies will look like, and how you will play them. First time attendees have certain tendencies.

I am sure burnyflame is capable of explaining his own meaning, but that's how I took it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 13th, 2016, 12:35 PM

DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Doc, I've been in your shoes. This is your first tournament. That component of BF's description of the format doesn't really apply to you.

He's saying don't bring cheesy Tier 1 bone-snapping armies. I don't think you or your crew would do that. Indeed, having been you myself, and having seen many people like you come to my own tournaments, I think I have a pretty good idea of what your armies will look like, and how you will play them. First time attendees have certain tendencies.

I am sure burnyflame is capable of explaining his own meaning, but that's how I took it.
Thanks! While I love to win in most cases I've found myself being more of a "Timmy" Recently and Just playing for the fun of it, so I'll be piecing together a team that will be "Fun" and for the combo not really worrying too much about win potential
Old October 13th, 2016, 01:34 PM

ok so I want to Thank @Dad_Scaper for his help I was misunderstanding that C3V and C3G were the same thing...apparently they are not. So my boys will scrap those armies and will put together Figures from the standard sets and "Marvel heroscape"
Old October 13th, 2016, 11:33 PM

If the location is still up in the air, I would like to mention a relatively new place that seemed like it had a ton of space. Gods and Monsters in the Artegon mall is a pretty cool place that does have tables. I happened to be working a gig in the mall today and briefly talked to a worker there. He didn't know if they had an event on the 29th, but said they do regularly have board game nights, so it's something they can handle. Also, while it is a little further south, it's right off the highway and the mall itself is very cool. Just figured I'd let everyone know as I hadn't heard of the place prior
Old October 14th, 2016, 01:02 AM

Also, here are some map suggestions

Underground Iceways

Entangled

Blackroot

Flash Fire

Flooded Temple II

Hadrian
Old October 15th, 2016, 12:55 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBlizz View Post
ok so I want to Thank @Dad_Scaper for his help I was misunderstanding that C3V and C3G were the same thing...apparently they are not. So my boys will scrap those armies and will put together Figures from the standard sets and "Marvel heroscape"

Doc, you are right, C3G is not the same -- and for this tournament they are not allowed. If you want to use Marvel, you can use the starter set only for this tournament.

Thanks for the map suggestions. I'll finalize them after a little more thought.

Again could not reach the manager at Sci-Fi City, but will try to finalize that Monday.
Old October 15th, 2016, 10:11 PM

After checking their site, it seems that Saturdays at the Gods and Monsters place is already designated for board games, so we may be able to fit right in. I haven't talked to anyone there yet to see if they would have room for us, but I think we might have a decent shot since there isn't a ton of us
Old October 16th, 2016, 11:25 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Could I make a map suggestion for you guys to use the following map?:

The Hotways or the Highways 3.1
Requires: 1 BftU, 2 VW, 1 FotA

Consideration and usage is all greatly appreciated. Thanks!

~HS2010
Old October 16th, 2016, 05:36 PM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!

Great news!

Things are looking promising. I just hope that all who say they will attend will. We have had some pretty low turnout for the last couple of events.

Of the Maps suggested I like:

Entangled
Black Root
Flooded Temple II

My vote is for 590 points. I like larger armies, but I understand the desire to fight to completion. I personally prefer only the standard HS units (No Marvel, no C3G, etc.), but I am down with anything really as long as the conditions are finalized a WEEK in advance.

Also, might I suggest we take a collection to order Pizza or such for lunch / dinner. This will allow the tournament to keep going, and move things along.

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker

Last edited by Buddy Lee; October 16th, 2016 at 06:18 PM.
Old October 16th, 2016, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Lee View Post
Great news!

Things are looking promising. I just hope that all who say they will attend will. We have had some pretty low turnout for the last couple of events.

Buddy Lee

Yeah so my wife reminded me that our kids are doing a kids candy end of October thing...that i think means we'll need to leave around 3, but we will be there till then...

Also if anyone has some figures from Raknar's Vision your interested in selling im looking for some (full set is fine but im looking specifically for Q9 and Nilfheim) let me know your price so i can bring cash (and save on shipping)

Also possibly interested in getting a few trees for more map building options.

Thanks

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day