Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old November 4th, 2015, 02:59 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Peoria NHSD 2015: Power Rankings

Realistically there won't be another get together this year.

I would be amenable to the idea of something in February or March if there is enough interest. Anyone have some feedback to that timeline?

In related news, jetjake and I played our armies against each other last week for fun:

Zephyr (no glyphs)

kevindola: GS x2, Mimster, Raelin, G-Nators x2
jetjake: Stingers x2, Raelin, DW8k, Anubians x2, Iskra Esenwein

Jake and I both opened up with Raelin, mine a little more conservatively hiding behind a shadow outcropping but protective of the main heights on the western side of the map and his out a little farther but still in the heights in the same area. Next I did GS x2 and he did Stingers x2. I was able to ping Raelin for 1 wound, and with a successful drain (+1), the stingers hit Mimring for 1.

Jake did a great job separating his stingers out to avoid any kind of Fire Line, unless I wanted to go outside or Rae's aura so FLA could include his startzone.

Feeling like I would lose a firefight with Rae backed stingers, I opened Round 2 with Raelin again. To the middle of the heights and engaging a stinger who blocked her attack. Jake concentrated his fire on Raelin this time doing 2 wounds. With Raelin's full range within the battle zone I sent in Mimring and Greenscales who hit Raelin for 1 and took out a stinger. The stingers drained again (+0) and killed one greenscale but no other damage. Turn 3 was all around insane though. Mimring made a play and engaged Raelin to FLA a stingers as well. Hit her for only 1 wound (2), but the greenscale with height took her down with a 3 skull hit and dropped a 2nd stinger. Things were looking really good until Stingers drained again (+1) and returned the 3 skull favor killing my Raelin and then proceeded take out Mimring's remaining 4 life with 2x 4v3 attacks.

It looked really really bad for me. Raelin and Mimring dead and only 2 stingers and Raelin dead for Jake.

Next round I spend two turn on orphaned Greenscales who took down a 3rd stinger who took out all but two Scalers and took down one monkey. My OM3 was on monkeys though and they took down a 4th stinger.

Gorillas did next to nothing for me in the actual tournament, but were amazing from here on out when it was 5 GN, 2 GS vs. 3 stingers, 6 Anubians, DW8k, Iskra

Jake won initiative, but was engaged with one of the GS and that attack and his attack down on the GNator failed. The Gnators quickly gained height and took down the stingers. DW8K moved out and I got really luck here. DW8k got 3 attacks of 3v2, but only hit once. I took 8 attacks of 3v8/9 down on the soulborg and and my 8th attack hit! So DW8k and his deadly special attack went down only taking out 1 Gorilla.

This left 6 Wolves and Iskra against 4 monkeys and I had the height. Jake rolled relatively poorly on his Fury rolls, but the jungle + shadow very much improved their survivability. They only took down 1 Simian though and it took a roll of 19 to get that kill. His attacks of 3 and 4 with me having height just could not get the kills he needed. Eventually this left Iskra against the Gorillas, but I was able to take the top level height spots so Iskra had to attack up. She killed one, and there were some tense rolls, but eventually the monkeys won the day.

I won a very tight game with 2 Gorillinators and 1 Greenscale remaining.
Old November 4th, 2015, 06:39 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

For now, the spring months are looking extremely busy for me. Sports, AP testing and other class finals are going to be keeping me pretty pinned. Though I'll probably have a better idea around January/February.

~NS
Old November 4th, 2015, 08:58 PM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

I'd make the drive for a quarterly tourney. Something early in the year would be perfect with Geekway in May.
Old November 9th, 2015, 12:14 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I think Peoria can probably support two tournaments per year; NHSD had a pretty solid turnout and it was below our average. I would probably be able to make a tournament in February.
Old May 25th, 2016, 02:30 PM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

Hey Peoria,

Since you have the largest local scene, I wanted to get your buy-in. I want to run a tournament in St. Louis to help boost my local players and bring them out of the woodwork.

I'm looking to host a tournament on Saturday June 25th. Location is TBD, but I'm going to speak with Game Nite and Yeti Gaming first. I wanted to gauge interest and hopefully get around 8 people. I have 3 confirmed and 1 likely. I will use the same ruleset I propsed for the Geekway tourney. I'll be planning and scheduling this weekend. Let me know if you can make it!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day