Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 11th, 2015, 05:26 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2015

Sorry, I don't have a list of terrain owned but there is at least 2 of every kind.
Old October 11th, 2015, 06:33 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
Sorry, I don't have a list of terrain owned but there is at least 2 of every kind.
Hmmm ... tough. If all you have is exactly 2 of everything, there's no way you can build 3 of these, even if I swap out something. OTOH, if you happen to have 3 of either:
  • RttFF (forest)
  • TJ (jungle), or
  • SotM (swamp)

then I think I can make it work. Also possibly I could bring an extra jungle or forest, which would certainly be easier than bringing a whole extra map.

So, what say you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 11th, 2015, 06:51 PM

Pretty sure there are 4 forests but doubt if more than 2 jungle or swamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:

Hmmm ... tough. If all you have is exactly 2 of everything, there's no way you can build 3 of these, even if I swap out something. OTOH, if you happen to have 3 of either:
  • RttFF (forest)
  • TJ (jungle), or
  • SotM (swamp)
then I think I can make it work. Also possibly I could bring an extra jungle or forest, which would certainly be easier than bringing a whole extra map.

So, what say you?
Old October 12th, 2015, 05:27 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Pretty sure there are 4 forests but doubt if more than 2 jungle or swamp.
Ah, that's a shame. The jungle and the swamp are pretty popular in these newer maps.

But I made it work. I had to dig out my maps spreadsheet from 2009, update it with the new maps, and figure out the perfect swap. And the answer is: swapping Bad Moon Rising for Swamp Thing. So I'm going to put you down for:
  • Ticalla Sunrise
  • Blackroot
  • Bad Moon Rising
bringing your required terrain to:
  • 2 SotM
  • 2 BftU
  • 2 RttFF
  • 1 FotA
  • 1 TJ
You have 2 dungeon sets, right? That should be doable on your end.

Which leaves me:
  • Sirocco
  • Sidewinder
  • If you can't take the heat ...
for a total of:
  • 1 RotV
  • 1 SotM
  • 2 BftU
  • 1 VW
  • 1 TT
  • 2 TJ
which should be fine on my end, unless my kids have lost any of my dungeon pieces. In which case I guess I'll just have to crack open that last BtfU I have stashed away. Or sub in asphalt or concrete somewhere.

Anway, how's that sound? I'll go ahead and update the OP hoping that this all works for you.

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 14th, 2015, 04:18 PM

That works.
Thanks!
Old October 15th, 2015, 05:12 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
That works.
Thanks!
Excellent!

Are we getting excited yet people? Let me share a picture of my dining room right now.

Just THREE MORE DAYS PEOPLE!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NHSD2015prep.jpg (4.94 MB, 11 views)

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V

Last edited by Xotli; October 15th, 2015 at 05:14 AM. Reason: for some reason the thumbnail is upside-down, but if you click on it twice it's right
Old October 17th, 2015, 12:52 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Just about 13 hours to go!

Fair warning for @warriorneedsfoodbadly : our color laser is dead. And our color inkjet died a long while ago. We're investigating one last option (and I'll post again if anything changes), but I think at this point it would be safest to assume that I will most likely not be bringing map building instructions. Now, as I said, I have them all downloaded on my phone, and I will also try to get them downloaded on @Quillon 's phone as well. But that's still somewhat limiting. So I just wanted to give you as much of a heads up as I could.

I'll be taking down the maps and packing them up here in a bit. Armies and snacks are already packed. I'm really getting excited here people ...

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 17th, 2015, 02:53 AM

I think my maps are good but remember using internet off ipod last year.
I have loads of Kettle chips to be eaten by all.
Have BOGO coupons for burgers or decent deals at pizza places.
Old October 17th, 2015, 05:49 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
I think my maps are good but remember using internet off ipod last year.
No worries; I've got the maps physically on my phone. No Internet required.

But, good(ish) news: we got another color printer to work (sort of). The quality's not great, and the colors are still off for some reason, but it's better than nothing. This means that I not only have map instructions, but I also have shiny, new, updated partial scoresheets. So that should aid some of the heinous point calculations.

Quote:
I have loads of Kettle chips to be eaten by all.
Have BOGO coupons for burgers or decent deals at pizza places.
Sounds good! We have snacks as well. Hopefully I'll even get to bed here at some point and get some sleep tonight.

Just about 8 hours to go! WOOHOO!!!

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 17th, 2015, 12:36 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Hey guys! See you all soon just getting ready here so I'll be leaving soon. Unfortunately I will have to leave after the tourney. So I can't bring a map. Thank you Xotli for the list of VC units. I looked over them and I think my army can stand a chance. If the dice gods aren't cruel to me this year :/

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old October 17th, 2015, 02:04 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Running a little late. Don't start without me! Will be there by noon.

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old October 18th, 2015, 07:43 PM

Thanks to all that showed and are helping to keep Heroscape alive!
Is there a date in January that people would like to try and get together for another day of Heroscape?
I had a great time 😃

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day