Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 1st, 2016, 08:02 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ohio NHSD 2016 @ CinCityCon - October 1

Thanks for the tourney, guys. Lots of fun!

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old October 1st, 2016, 09:53 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

^What they said!

Thanks for the games, an especially tense one with TAF. And @WOOKIE thanks for the awesome prize support. @El Diabolo is totally jealous of my sweet werewolves.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 2nd, 2016, 03:43 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Thanks to all who came and enjoyed. Sorry got off to a late start and when I am playing games sometimes I get distracted from doing my host duties of calling time for rounds, but I think other than running late it ran fairly smoothly. @WOOKIE , thanks for bringing the painted set and I did get your Chex mix, but I did not get your hoodie. I apologize, because I saw it on the back of a chair when I was cleaning up but wasn't 100 sure it was one of our players - I can ask the organizers if they grabbed, or you can call the hotel.

Congrads to @NecroBlade on going undefeated - even in this format he brings his cheese from Louisville to win in Ohio. Just kidding, the pest player won. I will post the full standings from Tournament Director today or tomorrw.

What did everyone think of the maps? Runabout Marsh & Forsaken Cloister were part of Ruins of Valhalla, and even though the poll just closed, you can leave your feedback. Also, how about playing Heroscape on the Magic:Arena maps, especially my modified Mountain Over the Shadow with Cryptoliths? I found that the Cryptoliths were not overpowered in this format, but the maps I made had the one in the middle as bottleneck between 2 sides of the board, so would have to see how it is on other maps.
Old October 2nd, 2016, 04:35 PM

GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker

Had a Great time this weekend. It was awesome meeting everyone and hanging out. Thank you to everyone who helped set up. I know at least Wookie, Julian and his Dad were setting up maps so props to you guys. also big thanks to Lefton4ya for organizing, and of course special thank you to Craig and Rob for the prizes sent. If I missed anyone else thanks to you as well. I really did enjoy everything except the ticket I got on the way home. Hope to see you guys in the future.

Guild_Warrior
Old October 2nd, 2016, 06:30 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I only played on Roundabout Marsh and thought it was a great map ...if you like your stuff getting killed! It's a great balancing agent for armies like the one I brought, because there is really no way to protect your valuable units, especially against the likes of The Average Fan's Stingers and Masters of the Hunt. It was an incredibly up-hill battle all the way for the final match. Losing the roll for placement and the first initiative roll didn't help! It really was a good map, though. I would just personally prefer for the maps to be all split start zones or none, as more of a full format rather than sprinkled in with regular start zones (even though, again, it really messes with certain types of armies like mine).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 9th, 2016, 07:46 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

The Team Event Heroscape/M:AptP
How did it go? Was it balanced?

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old October 10th, 2016, 08:13 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@WOOKIE
NO, it was not balanced. Part of it was that I had Sorin of the Eternal Thirst and Skirsdag Cultists who are way too powerful against squads (the Planeswalker can attack all adjacent figures and removes 2 life each time he destroys one, and the squad units can come back to life each time they destroy a figure). In M:AotP there are not that many squad figures to help you come back to life, but I intentionally picked these units because I knew they would do well against a bunch of squads found in Heroscape armies. I think I gamed the system more than others who mostly brought units and spells from the first master set. Not sure how the other 2v2 (with 3-people swapping out for 4 players) game turned out - it was more balanced. It was interesting to try but I wouldn't do again. At home games I would allow mixed armies of like 500 points of AotP and 200 points of Heroscape with drafting Magic:AotP first so for instance if you see me pick the army I did, you would draft more heroes in Heroscape.

In the end we just ended up playing a Magic:Aotp free-for-all, but maybe next time a team AotP event would be fun. I still think at Gencon we need to do both a 500 point kill the planeswalker and a 600 point kill the whole army tournament, with one of them (most likely the 500 point one) a mirror match AKA reverse-the-whip.
Old October 20th, 2016, 09:30 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Nvm. I read November 1st.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day