Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 7th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Peoria NHSD 2016: Pod Draft

I'm sorry for the late notice, I cannot make it. Maybe next time .

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old October 7th, 2016, 01:41 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

I will be bringing one of the three below Shadow + Lava maps

Spoiler Alert!

Looks like the Vegies are bringing 2, Briaka is bringing 2, and Evar and I are each bringing 1 for 6 total. That should be sufficient for 10 people, but the more variety the better if anyone wants to bring additional.
Old October 7th, 2016, 02:36 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm bringing 2 maps: Invasion, and Turret rocks.
Old October 8th, 2016, 06:49 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Great day everyone!

I will post pictures and a battle report on Monday.

I defeated vegietarian18 in a very close game in the championship. We were both 5-0 heading into the finals.
Old October 8th, 2016, 07:50 PM

jetjake knows what's in an order marker jetjake knows what's in an order marker

It was nice to see everyone, I wish I could have stayed to play. We had 3 non-heroscapers.com players this year. I think that is the highest ratio ever. Thank you to Kevindola for hosting the event.
Old October 10th, 2016, 09:04 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

I left the record sheets at home, so final official standings will have to wait until tomorrow.

I do know the top 3 were:

Champion: kevindola (6-0)
Runner Up: vegietarian18 (5-1)
3rd Place: Mike (4-1)

I can remember everyone's pods except Jonathan's (now with his own Heroscaper ID: @JMAN2222 . So briaka jr. can be a thing of the past Here are the pods from the event:

1) kevindola
Pod 1: Deepwyrm Drow x2, Pelloth, Feral Troll
Pod 2: Warforged Soldiers x2, Sharwin Wildborn

2) vegietarian18
Pod 1: 4th Mass x1, Kumiko, Blue Wyrmling x1, Ice Troll Berserker x1
Pod 2: Kozuke Samurai, Zetacron, Water Elemental x1, Erevan Sunshadow

3) Mike
Pod 1: Marro Stingers x3, Atlaga
Pod 2: Krav Maga Agents, Raelin, 10th Regiment x2

4) Don D
Pod 1: Axegrinders x2, Migol Ironwill, Darrak Ambershard
Pod 2: Heavy Gruts x2, Tornak, Nerak

5) Ryan D
Pod 1: Capuan Gladiators x2, Spartacus
Pod 2: Mohican River Tribe x3, Brave Arrow

6) briaka
Pod 1: Nakita Agents, Torin, Isamu
Pod 2: Krav Maga Agents, Mika Connour, Othkurik

7) vminer
Pod 1: Cyprien Esenwein, Sonya Esenwein, Frost Giant
Pod 2: Jotun, Isamu, Eldgrim

8 ) Evar-Scarcarver
Pod 1: Sgt. Drake (SotM), Evar Scarcarver
Pod 2: Tarn Vikings, Valguard, Mogrimm Forgehammer

9) Jason (vegie's dad)
Pod 1: Einar Imperium x1, Air Elemental x1, Kelda, Iskra Esenwein
Pod 2: Shurrak, Obsidian Guards x1, Fire Elemental x1

10) JMAN2222
Pod 1: Frost Giant x2
Pod 2: Cyprien Esenwein, ?????
Old October 10th, 2016, 03:41 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

Battle Report

kevindola’s battle report

My Pods: DnD Rising

Round 1: vs. Mike (#3, 4-1)
Pod 3: Krav Maga Agents, Raelin, 10th Regiment x2
Pod 4: Stingers x3, Atlaga

Map: Fire Isles (no glyphs)

Boy, I play a lot of games on Fire Isles for whatever reason. Anyway, I thought Mike’s Krav, Raelin pod was clearly the best and on Fire Isles I wouldn’t even have to do much moving with Raelin. (I did hear later that I was the only opponent who picked the Rae/10th/Krav pod. That pod proceeded to go 5-0 and Mike finished 4-1) Mike took his stingers and after some deliberation decided on the warforged leaving me with my drow.

The Krav opened up the first two rounds for me and they really dominated the Stingers. I didn’t do anything fancy, just kept them on height lava Turns 1 and 2 within Raelin and then hopped them off Turn 3. I had 6 defense most of the time, only needing one shield and they had 4 attack which simply whittled down stingers and warforged.

His squads couldn’t get any real traction so he sent in Atlaga who missed a bolt of witherwood on Raelin but did put 3 wounds on here before being tied up by Drow. 10th Regiment finished off the Kyrie and even though I whiffed twice against her, Sharwin didn’t get a counterstrike and she got dropped too. I tried Lollths Wrath once when the Warforged were encroaching, but I went 0/3 with it (followed by rolling 2/3 skulls on lava for myself.) I think lava and Pelloth did more damage to me this game than Mike’s forces. The 6 defense Krav were too much and they thinned things out before the stingers could cause trouble.

Record: 1-0

Round 2: vs. vegie’s dad (#4, 3-2)

Pod 3: Shurrak, Obsidian Guards x1, Fire Elemental x1

Pod 4: Kelda, Iskra Esenwein, Einar Imperium x1, Air Elemental x1

Map: Emabattled Fen (Wannok)

Another Peoria mainstay map. I beat Jexik on this one in the 2012 Finals. Jason likes to work the odd pod combos too. This game was probably my longest game of the day, and one of the more brain churning matches. I spent a lot of time deciding between which of his pods to pair with the Underdark after he took Warforged from me, before eventually picking the flyers. Mostly because of Wannok and the water heavy interior honestly.
My 8 card mess was crazy on order markers. Something I love about this format is how much order marker management becomes critical in more of these games. Especially with the lack of a lot of bonding or traditional screening armies.

Anyway we got started, I led with Imperium-Drow-Imperium, while he charged with Shurrak down the road. But again movement every single turn was critical. VD (vegie’s dad) had won initiative and moved down the road. I saw that with 3 Oms on Shurrak, he could be sweeping his sword onto me by Turn 2 unless I did something. So I parked an Imperium in a spot on the road that prevented the double spaced Shurrak from reaching me. VD idled Shurrak on his 2nd OM and then had him claim Wannok with his 3rd instead of having him do nothing on his third again. I took the opportunity to send an Imperium against him but did no damage. I was very slow in this round. From picking the pod, to setting order markers, to placement. When you’re dealing with such small amount of squads, you really need to take care. At least that’s my excuse. (Troll took a wound from Wannok)

Round 2 was probably the game. I got an initiative switch and surrounded the fire giant. My 6 attacks (2 from height) did 5 wounds. He killed 1 Imperium on the counterattack but was finished off. I withdrew the Imperium to end the round.

In the next several rounds the warforged made their way to me, while I mobilized the Drow and Troll. I got a critical position with the Troll just outside of the swamp water on my side of Wannok which turned him into a pseudo choke point for the warforged who had been coming from that direction. It allowed me to really concentrate on the warforged one at a time where the 2 surviving Einar Imperium did most of the work. With stealth flying I was able to get first strike + 4 attacks against the WF with no counterattack to the Imperium b/c of the troll and the Drow. In this way I was able to get the warforged under a squad.

When the warforged where gone, I parked the troll on Wannok. The Obsidian Guards came out, but the Imperium got first strike and took them out as well. (I think I lost 1 Imperium here). Seeing the majority of army in tact and facing a regenerating Troll parked on Wannok, vegie’s dad surrendered with a wounded Sharwin.

The Einar Imperium were amazing in this game, even at just 1 squad. They killed Shurrak, the Obsidians, and 5 Warforged. (~400 points of damage) I think they only saw 3 attacks (1 from Shurrak and 1 from WF, and 1 from Obsidians) Blocking 1. Much thanks to the Troll and Drow for their screens. And that huge Round 2 initiative.

Record: 2-0

Round 3: vs. vminer (#7, 1-4)

Pod 3: Cyprien Esenwin, Sonya Esenwein, Frost Giant of Morh
Pod 4: Jotun, Eldgrim, Isamu

Map: Invasion (Wannok, Dagmar)

It’s been a while since I played Vince, so I’d say we were due for a game. This was another pod selection I gave a lot of thought too. They Cyprien + Frost Giant was really really (I mean really) tempting, but I made the decision that I did not want to be playing AGAINST both of my pods with so few figures….even if those figures were Jotun, Cyprien, and Frosty. So I gave him first pick and he gulped up the Vampires. So, in remaining consistent with my though process I decided to go with numbers and took both of my pods. So for the only game this tournament I played both of my pods against both of my opponents.

The game was spent in my startzone or just outside of it. The only range in the game was on my side (Sharwin, Pelloth), but really I just organized my squads to anticipate a charge of heroes one at a time.

The Frost Giant was first, and he was a Bad Ass. On his first strike he killed 2 Drow. In his next turn he killed 3 drow. Battle Frenzy was going crazy for him. Fortunately in Round 2 Cyprien took an Order marker, and my pounding with the drow had done a few wounds. The 5 attack troll did another couple getting Frosty to 1 life.
Cyprien flew in after the Frost Giant did a big 5 wound bash on to the troll after killing a Warforged. He flew into the heart of my SZ but missed an attack and CT. I was able to put a couple wounds on him with warforged to end the round. I got a huge initiative switch and the warforged were able to finish the vampire off before he did any damage except a few hits on Pelloth. That was huge. I killed the Frost Giant off and Dying Swipe got the Troll down to 1 life.

The next 2 rounds, I regened the Troll back to 7 life and Eldgrim made a few halfhearted attacks against the Warforged. My troll healed 6 times to get to 7 life before taking Wannok (which killed Eldgrim)

Vince had super speed Jotun (and Isamue/broken hearted Sonya) against my 5 warforged, Sharwin, Troll, and 2 life Pelloth. Super speed Jotun reached Troll and rolled 6 skulls. To knock the Troll back to 1 life. The Troll did 1 wound to Jotun back and then was smacked down. Vince decided to send Jotun into the thick of things where he killed a WF, but I then surrounded the giant getting height and doing 2 wounds (3 total). I won an initiative switch and the heighted warforged put down the Giant after that. I took the win with 4 Warforged, 1 Drow, 2 life Pelloth, and Sharwin.

Record: 3-0

Round 4: vs. briaka (#10, 0-5)
Pod 3: Krav Maga Agents, Othkurik the Black Dragon, Mika Connour
Pod 4: Nakita Agents, Torin, Isamu

For the 2nd time today, I took Krav Maga on Fire Isles. Brian responded with my Warforged and his Nakitas leaving me my drow for the 4th time. I was a bit worried he would take both of mine, but hoped that Othkurik on this small map could get the job done. Boy did he ever.

I won initiative and his 10 threat range on this map had me target and kill 2 warforged and a Nakita. My second turn killed the 2nd Nakita and hit Sharwin for a wound. I did more of Othkurik knocking out the last Nakita and some warforged before switching order markers to Mika and the Drow.

Mika placed a couple of shadow tiles down including a height spot on lava field near my spot which Drow and later Krav used as a landing spot. Mika got 7 attack against Sharwin to win that girl fight, and soon it was Torin against the world. I obligingly got a Krav killed by Evil Eye, but it didn’t impact the outcome. Othkurik decimated briaka’s army and won me this game.

Record: 4-0

Round 5: vs. Evar-Scarcarver (#8, 1-4)
Pod 3: Drake(SotM), Evar Scarcarver

Pod 4: Mogrimm Forgehammer, Valguard, Tarn Viking Warriors

Map: Vulcan’s Anvil (Wannok, Dagmar)

Another Rolling Rumble success story as I had gotten in 4 games in under 3 hours. With our old standard format swiss still you were pretty much set at 1 game an hour. But of course you get some wonky matches at the end with players eliminated and some high ranking opponents. Vegie had already finished 5 games (5-0) so this was a ‘prove it’ game to see if I would play him in a championship or he would win it outright. And this was the second year in a row I had to play Evar to make it to the Finals (Semi Final game last year)

He won the diceoff and deferred to me. I decided to pick the Drow since, after all, this was a shadow/dungeon map. He took the warforged and his namesake pod leavening me with Forge and the Wild folk.

This was an early game slogfest. I moved out the Troll and positioned Valguard and the Vikings while he went all WF taking both glyphs. I started attacking the glyph warforged with Pelloth’s normal attack and for the second time in the tournament I used Lollth Wrath to try and eliminate Warforged and bypass their Resolve. Against Mike I went 0/3. Here I went 1/3, so IMPROVEMENT! Evar had enough of things and sent Drake into my startzone to hack down Pelloth to preserve the warforged.

I did not have great positioning and Drake was able to keep lava at his back to prevent being swarmed. However the drow did get a few hit and poison added another. While Drake was hacking at Pelloth, I switched to the Troll who used the damage on Drake to boost up to 5 and 6 attack and take down the soldier.

Before I could heal though Evar finally sent the Warforged in full force into my startzone eliminating Tarns, the Troll and most of the Drow. Mogrimm did most of the work fighting back with his 4 attack hammer and hitting Commander’s Strike. The Drow and Tarn got a WF each and finally they were cleared out.
Scarcarver came in next finishing all but 2 of the drow and putting hits on Valguard and Forge. The most critical time came with Scarcarver down to 1 life and an initiative roll. He hit it to activate Frost Rage, and targeted the 5 life Forgehammer. He was only able to put 2 wounds on him. He was still looking decent though with his 7 defense. But Commander’s Strike DON’T CARE. I hit a huge commander’s strike to kill Scarcarver and save him running through the rest of my army.

This left me with 2 drow (way out by Dagmar), 2 Tarns, 3 life Forgehammer, and 6 life Valguard against Sharwin and one WF on Wannok.

Sharwin did put up a fight as her auto skull cancelled out Forge’s auto shield, but I was able to kill the WF and take Wannok. A disengaging Valguard, lava, and Wannok finished her off. I had a 2 life Valguard, 1 life Forgehammer, and a pair of Tarns and Drow left.

Record: 5-0

Championship: vs. vegietarian18 (#2, 5-1)

Pod 3: Zetacron, Kozuke Samurai, Erevan Sunshadow, Water Elemental x1
Pod 4: 4th Mass x1, Ice Troll Berserker x1, Kumiko, Blue Wyrmling x1

Vegie and I had played on all the available maps, so we rolled the d20 for it, and wouldn’t you know. Fire Isles again.

Vegie picked first and took the Warforged. I took my drow and spent a lot of time before going with Vegie’s blue pod because Sunshadow and Zetacron could both fire into the Startzone on their first turn.

This was a weird game, and not just because of the strange armies. In fact it probably wasn’t even as strange an army mashup as my semi-final loss to Vegie the last time we did pod draft in Peoria.

I loaded up Zetacron Round 1 planning on taking out a few of the 4th Mass, but I telegraphed it a mile away and Vegie loaded up the Ice Troll. Vegie won initiative and hit a frenzy to get the ITB very close. I couldn’t do much but move out Zetacron and fire up at the troll (hitting for 2 wounds). The Troll caught Zetacron but WHIFFED the 5 attack dice. This was huge not only because Zetacron lived (saving me two order markers), but it afforded me the luxury of disengaging (hit) and taking height. I rolled 2 skulls that killed the Troll. Vegie lost an OM then Zetacron fired down on the 4th Mass for a 3doubled vs. 2. But I whiffed. Of course I can’t complain about that after how the other stuff went down.

In the 2nd Round Vegie went all 4th Mass, where I switched to Sunshadow. I Fey Stepped to lava height and attacked 4v2 down on the 4th Mass. But again they blocked. Sunshadow took 3 wounds, but then killed the first 4th Mass. They killed him wait then firing back, then killed Zetacron after my lost order marker.

The blue coats were incredible. They won initiative and fired down into my drow. I sent Splashy the Water Elemental after them (4v3 blocked) then Pelloth (3v3 blocked), then the Drow (3x 3v2 blocked). Meanwhile they had knocked out 3 drow and the Water Elemental (thankfully the Kozuke were well hidden behind the ruin)
In the next round the 4th Mass continued to hold up blocking more 3v2 from the drow, but thankfully not doing much in retaliation. By the end of this round I had finally ridded myself of those blue coats, but they had killed Sunshadow, Zetacron, 3 Drow, the Elemental, and a few hits on the troll (regened)

This looked like a mop up victory for Vegie. He had Kumiko, Sharwin, the Blue Wyrm, and all 6 Warforged, against the Troll, Pelloth, 3 Drow, Kozuke.

This round was pretty critical though (the 5th I think). Vegie planned on a rush of drow against his so set his Oms up accordingly with WF-BlueWyrm-WF. Instead I planned on forcing him to come to me with my ranged Pelloth. In practice I got 3 unopposed heighted attacks with Pelloth down on the warforged (killing 1) Pelloth took a lava wound I think.

So the warforged came to me instead. They bypassed Pelloth to get to the Drow and killed one. My drow answer killed a WF (down to 4), before they killed another Drow (down to 1) Pelloth killed another warforged (down to 3)

In the next round I brought out the 5 attack Samurai who were able to break through on the warforged (down to 2). The Kozuke defense was game saving. I lost one to warforged but blocked another attack. After the Kozuke took out the 5th Warforged the blue wyrmling came in and targeted both surviving Kozuke and hit 2 skulls. Both Kozuke rolled 2 shields. Wow.

The Kozuke killed the last warforged and the blue wyrmling on my next turn, and all the sudden it’s just Kumiko and Sharwin left. Kumiko took a hit from Pelloth and the Kozuke put a few hits on Sharwin.

That’s really all the full health Troll needed to happen to guarantee the victory. Single attacks of 3 by wounded heroes is not going to get it done against the Feral Troll and that was the case. The Samurai and Pelloth finally died, but anytime the troll would take a wound, it would be healed.

Eventually he just kept rolling more attack dice as the female heroes collected wounds and I was able to claim the victory with the Feral Troll.

Record: 6-0
Result: Champion, 1st Place

Thanks everyone for the fun day of heroscape. Pod Draft is my favorite and today was no different. Getting to play such oddball armies with tricky order markers and fun units was a blast.

Interestingly I played my Drow pod all 6 games! I think they were a tad undervalued compared to the warforged army for a few reasons, but I’m tired right now. Mostly I think the thought was that the warforged are the best units out of all of them, so let’s go with that one.

I used Pelloth’s Lolth’s Wrath only twice. All targeting warforged, but I went 1/6 with it. Sharwin didn’t get a single counterstrike. She had two good opportunities when I whiffed with 10th Regiment but she whiffed right back.

Thanks again everybody. Let’s do it again next year, if not sooner.

Last edited by kevindola; October 11th, 2016 at 04:16 PM.
Old October 10th, 2016, 04:39 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@kevindola Drow (And Troll) FTW! Nice report. I rally like the pod draft format. Hopefully Louisville/Dayton can run one soon, however I like the added feature of an extra pod (or 2) for each map with map specific units, but then it forces people to bring comparable pods.
Old October 10th, 2016, 06:54 PM

briaka knows what's in an order marker briaka knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
10) JMAN2222
Pod 2: Cyprien Esenwein, ?????
Pod 2: Sgt. Drake (SotM), Krav Maga, Marro Warriors

Do. Or do not. There is no I don't wanna.
Old October 14th, 2016, 12:57 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

For First Crack Pod Draft, things work out so that 90+% of the time, you play (what you think is) your opponent's stronger pod and (what your opponent thinks is) your weaker pod. Because of this, you want to minimize the effect your opponent has on choosing first from your pods. I decided to do this by playing really bad pods. To restrict my selection of really bad, I only played blue figures. This is what I ended up playing:

Boys in Blue
Pod 1: Kumiko, 4th Mass x1, Ice Troll Berserker, Blue Wyrmling
Pod 2: Kozuke Samurai, Erevan Sunshadow, Zetacron, Water Elemental

Game 1 vs. vminer (Cyprien, Sonya, Frost Giant | Jotun, Eldgrim, Isamu) on Embattled Fen

vminer deferred, and I selected his Cyprien and Frost Giant pod, with the logic that Cyprien is better than Jotun and the Frost Giant is only a little bit worse. He took my Kozuke pod. He opened with Zetacron, while I opened with the Frost Giant. Both of us sent our heroes up the road, and the Frost Giant came out on top. The giant took down Eldgrim and two Kozuke before Jotun came in. The normal giant and the frosty giant traded a pair of wounds before Jotun landed a big hit and finished his enemy off. I took out the final Kozuke with Dying Swipe. Cyprien flew in next, getting a 3 wound Chilling Touch on Jotun, before Jotun landed a huge 5 wound blow on the vampire on his first hit. Luckily, Cyprien managed to finish Jotun off, and with lost order markers and a natural 20 on Erevan, I was able to finish things off.

1-0

Game 2 vs. Ryan D (Capuans x2, Spartacus | Mohicans x3, Brave Arrow) on Turret Rocks

I selected the Mohicans, mostly because I don't own any and don't get to play them much. He took my 4th Mass pod. I opened with the Kozuke Samurai, and caught Spartacus off guard on low ground on my second turn. I dropped 3 attacks of 6 to slay the big gladiator early. The Kozuke continued to do great, landing a couple Counter Strikes and killing a couple Capuans and even a 4th as they rolled up. Zetacron was my next wave, and he sat 8 away from 4th and pinged at them. I got rid of enough to cripple his offense permanently. From there, the Mohicans did not struggle taking out single attacking offense.

2-0

Game 3 vs. Don D (Heavy Gruts x2, Tornak, Nerak | Axegrinders x2, Migol, Darrak) on Vulcan

I selected the Axegrinders, mostly because I don't own any and don't get to play them much. He took my 4th Mass pod. I opened with Kozuke, and caught Tornak off guard on low ground on my second turn, dropping 2 attacks of 6 to slay the big orc early. The Axegrinders swept over the board next, using 6 move to catch Nerak and smash him, then running over the Gruts with more attacks per turn. The 4th Mass did not have the space to get going.

3-0

Game 4 vs. JMAN2222 (Marro Warriors, Krav Maga Agents, Super Sgt. Drake | Frost Giant x2) on Fire Isles

I took the Marro and Krav pod, since the Marro and Krav are super good. He took my Kozuke pod. He opened with a fun water Elemental play, swimming to a T1 hit on my startzone, but the shot missed. The Marros gunned down the Water Elemental, then used their height advantage to create space as they gunned down the Kozuke, then used their height advantage to create space as they gunned down the Frost Giant and Zetacron. After that, they used their height advantage to gun down the other Frost Giant, but I accidentally left them on lava and two died. I retreated them, and finished off Erevan and the other Giant with the Krav.

4-0

Game 5 vs. vegie dad (Obsidian Guards x1, Shurrak, Fire Elemental | Kelda, Iskra, Einar Imperium x1, Air Elemental) on Big Road Board

Both of our armies were really bad, so there was actually an interesting draft. My dad won the diceoff and picked my Kozuke pod. I took his lava team, and almost took his flying team but eventually settled on my 4th Mass pod. I opened with the Kumiko, but Zetacron killed him in one hit, with a 2/2 met with a 1/6. Zetacron gunned down two 4th, before I WTFed him down. The Kozuke charged across the board, but the final two 4th killed one before their demise. The remaining Kozuke got a big hit on Shurrak, but he special attacked them down. After that, the Einar Imperium descended on my startzone. I smashed them in with the Obsidian Guards, and they did very little damage aside from a couple wounds on Shurrak and one dead Obsidian. My dad sent out Erevan across the side of the board, and I sent the Obsidian Guards right down the middle. We both ate into each other's startzones, and at the end, it was Erevan vs. 2 Obsidians. Definitely a tough position for me to win from, but a better position than before that trade. Luckily, Erevan's range is only 5, and with 4 move, if the Obsidians are going downhill, they can always catch him if he can shoot them. I caught Erevan twice, which was just enough damage for my final Obsidian to get the win.

5-0

Game 6 vs. kevindola (Warforged x3, Sharwin | Deepwyrm Drow x3, Pelloth, Feral Troll) on Fire Isles

kevin has already written an excellent report on what happened in our game, so I will just give my thoughts on the mistakes I made.

1. Pod Selection: I think the Deepwyrm Drow Pod would have been a much better selection, given the value of the Feral Troll in low offense games. I was simply thinking to take the best card in the pool, the Warforged, but I don't think that was the right call.
2. Order Markers: I wasted two order markers slow rolling Warforged to set up for a Wyrmling chain on two Drow that never happened, then another one using that Wyrmling again because I really wanted it. Just not a good use of resources, there are only so many order markers in a game.
3. Threat Ordering: This is probably one of the least talked about concepts in competitive HS relative to how important it is. I guess it makes sense since until recently most competitive armies were coherent. But lining up your figures into opponent's figures they can reasonably take out is really important. I did not think that through wrt. the Feral Troll and my two heroes that he slowly smashed through. I should have sent Sharwin into the Kozuke, and maybe even Kumiko into the Drow, saving the Warforged for the troll.

5-1, 2nd Place

I had a fun time again at Peoria NHSD. This is like the fourth time where I've come one win short of a tournament victory in Peoria. Maybe next year
Old October 20th, 2016, 09:15 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Hi guys! Haven't checked these boards in a year or so.... But made my heart warm to see Vulcan's Anvil here! Thanks to @kevindola for having tried it out. Probably the first time it's seen tournament play -- hope it played okay for you folks.
Old February 10th, 2017, 09:09 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

Ok, we always talk about it, but let's see if we can actually get enough interest to justify it.

Who would be interested (75% or more sure) that they would come to a Spring Peoria tournament? Probably a Saturday in April, maybe March. Please reply in this thread if you are 75% sure you would be able to come to a tournament sometime in March-April. Thanks

Mentions to usual suspects and those who have expressed interest. Please reply even if you're a no.

EDIT: Running Interest (Updated 2/20/17)

Yes:
kevindola
vegietarian18
vegie's dad
KingoDingo
Arrow Grut

Maybe
Ninja Status

No
legoboy

Last edited by kevindola; February 20th, 2017 at 09:35 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day