Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 8th, 2016, 12:38 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: NHSD in SLC!! Wasatch Warfare 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaperedude View Post
Hey I know it's late, but I need some help.... One of the guys I'm bringing to the tournament tomorrow has a missing Phantom knight in his army, so we were wondering whether someone would be willing to bring a spare squad of Phantom Knights? It would just be for the tournament, and then they would returned. It would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! Please let me know... I should be up decently late tonight working on building maps for tomorrow! Thanks a ton!!
Unfortunately I traded away my squad of Phantom Knights a couple weeks ago, but I'm sure someone will be willing to accommodate you. In fact, you can contact @UtahScott directly - I know he has a lot of figures and will be dropping off maps tomorrow, so he might be able to help you out there.

If you can't get a hold of anyone, just let me know. I might be able to dig up Scott's number. Or if not, then you can use a proxy if you want. Just let me know what you'd want to use.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old October 8th, 2016, 03:27 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
This one is really close to me, I used to live off of 700 E. The one in Pocatello unfortunately is too far away, and I lack a means of getting there. I realize carpooling is possible, but I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Cool, I live on 700 E myself, which is why I know the location. There is always the Jingle Bell Bash, or if you want to just get together and play sometime, maybe you and lotr_fan2 and I (and whoever else wants to) could meet up and play a game - I know the place I have tomorrow's thing scheduled at would be okay with us setting up and playing a game or two there just about whenever. I'm always down for some good 'Scape.
That sounds good. I've never really played with anyone besides my close friends, and family. I have almost no concept of the strategies that competitive players would use other than a little bit of what I've seen around the forums when I was looking at other things. I've only played games with multiple commons from the SotM master set because it came with multiples, so armies with 4x [insert common squad here] are foreign to me. If I were to try and play at tournaments often, I feel like I would want to intentionally use armies that aren't often used, just because I like to try and make odd strategies work, even if they probably shouldn't. That said, I would still try to make my armies synergize somewhat, I wouldn't just throw random cards together for an army. Do you use C3V? I've grabbed a few of them, but haven't played much with them.
Old October 9th, 2016, 01:26 AM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks you, thank you, thank you!!! Thanks a TON to @Bigga Bullfrog for hosting, @UtahScott for providing maps, and everyone who helped make today's tournament such a blast!! I love seeing how great a community we have in Utah (And Idaho of course!!!!!), you guys rock!!! @Sir Heroscape , thank you for such a nerve racking and fun final battle! (You were one of the top people I wanted to face, so I'm glad we were duke it out!) @B.I.V I'm sad I didn't get to play you.... Next tournament! (And yes, that includes everyone else I didn't play as well!) There were some great maps, great people, and lot's of fun!! So what I'm trying to say is Scape lives on, see you all at the Jingle Bell Bash in December! (I will start looking at dates, but plan for after college finals.) Rock on!!

(I will not be there, but go to the Idaho Tournament on November 5th... Is that right?)

H E R O S C A P E
Old October 9th, 2016, 04:54 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Agreed! That tournament was a BLAST! We had a great turnout and very fun and competative play. We really do have a good thing going here with Utah and Idaho...and I can see our tournaments consistently getting 16 or more with the crew we've got between these two states. I'll be posting my battle report of the tournament up here pretty soon...so stay tuned for that. I'd also love to see your guys' battle reports as well, I really enjoy reading them...so type away!

Also...now that Wasatch Warfare is done...make sure to put down Saturday, November 5th in your calendar for The Ruins of Valhalla NHSD Tournament in Pocatello at Goblin Town Games in the Westwood Mall. Details are on this page here. Please start RSVP'ing so we can start getting this all planned. It's gunna be a blast so you won't wanna miss out on this one!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 9th, 2016, 08:16 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Echoing what others have said, we had a great time at the tourney yesterday! I was so happy we had such a great turnout (16 players - perfect!), and everything went way better than I'd been hoping! Thank you everyone who was able to make it! It was a great event! Not to mention all the exciting games! Especially the last game between Sir Heroscape and Scaperedude for the championship - I'm super excited to have that video uploaded because it was such a great game! If you want to post battle reports, please do so! I will post reports of my games sometime today or tomorrow.

Also huge thanks to @Sir Heroscape for all his help with the event, for bringing lots of prize support, and especially for running Tournament Director for us! Another huge thanks to @Scaperedude for bringing maps and helping with setup! And big big big thanks to @UtahScott for bringing six of the maps and helping out with prize support as well! And speaking of prizes, @Dad_Scaper , @Xorlof , @Craig Van Ness , and all the many others who helped with the NHSD prize support can't be thanked enough! It was easily among the best prize support items I've ever seen at an NHSD!!

Also!! I didn't say it enough at the event but thank you to all who brought cans for the mini food drive! We ended up with a good-sized box full (not counting some more that I had but forgot to bring to the event with me), and I was so pumped that we had such a great donation!

Thank you thank you everyone! Can't wait to see all of you again at future events!

EDIT: Also, I'm going to start compiling the final standings/armies that I can remember. If you want to add information of yourself/your friends and/or family, just post it and I'll add it to the OP.

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; October 10th, 2016 at 12:16 AM.
Old October 10th, 2016, 07:13 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Tournament Battle Report

Before I get started I just want to point out that the Rexburg crew came to play!! I got 2nd place, my bro, @El Donas , got 3rd, Brannen got 5th and @Hamadraith got 10th (?)...So I'm proud of my guys!

Details
This tournament I wanted to do something unheard of. And yet, I wanted to be competitive as well. I started thinking of units that don't get much field time and I realized Roman Archers, if used right could be a strong - but not too strong - army. But versus the right army they might get wrecked...so I decided to through in a good strong standalone hero and after a lot of thought, I decided on:

Nilfeim
Roman Archers X5

I figured with 5 squads, against a hero heavy army I'd always have their special as an option, and against a squad heavy army I'd have their normal attacks as an option as well. I also had Nilfeim who's the perfect mix for being able to take on heroes as well as squads. Here's how it went...

Battle 1 vs. Josh (Scaperdude's friend)

Marro Warriors
Stingers X2
Wyvern
Sgt Drake (SotM)
Air Elemental

Map: Isenfell

This was a rough one for Josh from the get go. I started off all Roman Archers and just started pushing them up and creating a long wall of archers. He moved in his marro warriors, wyvern and Sgt Drake. Disaster struck when I got an initial strike on Drake with my arrow volley and promptly put 3 wounds on him. Unfortunately for Josh, he didn't have another OM on him and so next turn Drake fell to another volley of arrows. Tough break for Sgt. Drake After that, we traded figures back and forth as my roman archers traded 1-for-1 with each of his figures. Unfortunately for him I had more and initial strikes as well and by the end my Roman Archers pushed him back to his startzone and finished him off. I'd lost 3 squads at that point, and never put an OM on Nilfeim.

Record: 1-0

Battle 2 v.s. @The B.I.V.

(Reverse the Whip: So I used his army)
Nilfeim
Greenscales X3
Raelin (RotV)
Guilty McCreech

Map: Common Ground

Well, I wasn't so sure about this one because we both had Nilfeim's, but I realized that I should be okay as long as I kept mine from getting shot down by arrows too soon. To start out, I moved my scales and Nilf out toward the side of the map with the movement glyph. I knew this would be important to keep from him so his slow archers couldn't become more developed, and on top of that, it'd give my already speedy dragon and scales an even better boost of movement. I was able to grab and hold the movement glyph the entirety of the game. It really helped b/c I was able to develop my greenscales a lot quicker. But he wasn't going to let me off that easy. I had Nilfeim on the mound with Raelin and some Greenscales, but he was well within range and firing heavy shots down on Nilfeim who luckily took minimal damage and only took a wound at a time. The hardest part for BIV was that I had my Nilfeim just trashing his Roman Archers. Literally 3 turns in a row I wiped out a squad in one attack with Nilfeim...then rushed in the greenscales to engage and tie down the others. Once that happened we made quick work of the Archers and it really wasn't until then that BIV sent in Nilfeim. He'd had him hanging out of reach but then took height on the mound and started attacking. Luckily Raelin kept damages low, but it was only a matter of time before my Nilf and my surrounding Scales broke through his defense and finished him off. By the end BIV -according to Full Card scoring- had received no points

Record: 2-0

Battle 3 vs. @El Donas (my brother)

Jotun
Sonlen
Kelda

Map: Noctus

This army actually scared me a little. It scared me b/c Jotun can potentially destroy armies all on his own, especially with Kelda flying around healing him. But at the same time, I was confident my arrow volleys would take care of him pretty quick. I started off all Archers while he developed Just Jotun (after Kelda grabbed a treasure glyph). Jotun wasted no time in rushing in but not without taking a few wounds from my volleys. Unfortunately for me, Arrow Volley's require me to cluster...and knowing he'd want to come in and chop up Nilfeim...I had to screen with my Archers. This made for a very powerful and impressive couple wild swings for Jotun. Attack 1: 4 dead Roman Archers...next attack 3 dead roman archers. I was wounding him as well, but then he flew in Kelda to heal him a couple wounds. It was looking a little grim with a mostly healed Jotun amidst my archers at the end of the round, so initiative would be crucial. Luckily I got initiative and was able to get 5/6 skulls to finish off the big giant before he could do anymore damage. Then it was Sonlen's turn. Sonlen didn't arrive in time to help Kelda before she went down, but he did his fair share of damage before the end. He eventually went down to give me the win, but I only ended with a 2 life Nilfeim and 4 Roman Archers...so a little too close for my comfort...but still a win!

Record: 3-0

Championship Game - both of us undefeated
Battle 4 vs. @Scaperedude

(Reverse the Whip: So I used his army)
Phantom Knights
Krav Maga Agents
Marro Warriors
Frost Giant of Morh
Drow Chain Fighter
Crixus

Map: Derelict Ramparts

I had no idea what to do with this hodge podge army...but my first thought were not to divide order markers too much...so that's what I tried to do. I also knew I had great counters to Nilfeim with Crixus and the Frost Giant, and my Krav and Marro Warriors were great counters to the Roman Archers...now I just had to execute. Well...enough said...just watch the VIDEO!!!

Final Record: 3-1
Final thoughts: I would totally run this army again...or at least a variation of it...b/c I loved it! I loved effectively using Roman Archers the way I did and I think it taught me as well as my opponents a lot about their potential. With enough squads they become quite formidable, and I hope everyone watching the video and there at the tournament learned a thing or two about the Roman Archers!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 10th, 2016, 05:13 PM

Alright, battle report time!

Quick summary of where my army came from:
To be honest, my army was picked pretty far in advance. I’ve had a couple armies I’ve been wanting to take to tournaments ever since I started attending them. I checked off Heavy Gruts two years ago at an NHSD, and Venoc Vipers a couple months ago at the Goblin Throwdown. When I started arranging this, Sir Heroscape and the Idaho group had announced their format for their NHSD, and I had already decided to take another army on my “want to play” list to that (Roman Legionnaires - I’m telling you here because it changed later), so the next army base, Tor-Kul-Na, was up to bat. (Not that I have an order I’m doing them in - usually I mull over possibilities in my head and never actually decide until 24-hours in advance cause I’m indecisive. It just happens that these two events have sparked particular ideas I really want to go with.)
TKN plus Nagrubs x3 was my base at 310 points. From there I had 165 points left. At first I was going to run James Murphy and Heirloom because Heirloom is fun, Murphy doesn’t see enough play, and I kind of wanted to run in my Nagrubs and blow them up. (What? If Tor-Kul-Na eats Nagrubs why can’t Murphy shotgun them?) That combo also would have served to make my army more difficult to play for my opponents in the Reverse-the-Whip format. So that was going to be my army for a while, but at the same time it just didn’t feel quite right.
Then, while I was brainstorming more ideas, I thought of using either Sonlen or Warforged Soldiers x2. Sonlen would have been fun, but Warforged Soldiers are literally my favorite units in the game. I didn’t want to run them because I played my first tournament (NHSD 2010) with them, but once the idea came it wouldn’t leave, so that became my army. All together it made a good B/B+ army, but I figured the lack of range would make it weak enough to be run in RtW and not get destroyed by my own guys. More on that later.

BiggaBullfrog’s Army:
Tor-Kul-Na 220
Nagrubs x3 90
Warforged Soldiers x2 160
470 Points/16 Figures

Game 1
Hotstepper by tannergx

VS
Bryson

Sgt. Drake Alexander (SotM)
Thorgrim
4th Massachusetts Line x3

4th, 4th, 4th. Got to love to hate the 4th. Although this map definitely was favoring my army, as the lava was going to keep Bryson from getting too much WTF action on high ground.

Game starts. I begin rolling out a squad of Warforged at first, and then switch into moving up TKN with his Nagrubs, all while Bryson is advancing his 4th, making a good effort to snag the non-lava high ground on either end of the map. He takes a few shots at my Nagrubs, killing maybe one, but for the most part my Nagrubs are actually throwing down some blue to defend.

This was the case for the first couple rounds. Bryson snagged both edge glyphs, removing one of my OMs (luckily my X) and summoning up Thorgrim for some added defense. Tor-Kul-Na killed some 4th in the middle who would have otherwise destroyed my advancing Nagrubs, and then moved over to the right where Thorgrim and a couple 4th were chilling while some Warforged swung to the left. I lost a couple Warforged, but in these first couple rounds my Nagrubs were definitely the MVPs. They were blocking attacks and killing 4th like no 2 attack/defense squad should.

Then in mid-game, it all changed. Tor-Kul-Na started missing Trample Stomp attempts, and was only slowly getting rid of Thorgrim. He even tried picking up the Treasure Glyph 3 times and failed each time (luckily, I dodged the subsequent attack rolls for the trap). Meanwhile, more 4th were advancing, my Nagrubs stopped rocking their defense rolls and were dropping, and even a couple of Warforged were killed. I had to run my remaining Warforged up to engage the 4th and try to kill them, but it was the end of the round and I didn’t dare Tactical Switch onto lava for height just to lose my few remaining resources. Things were looking more than grim with a 2 or 3-life Tor-Kul-Na and 2 Warforged Soldiers against a 1-life Thorgrim, full health Sgt Drake, and 6 4th.

End of round hits, and Bryson had left a couple 4th on lava to push his advantage. Boom, boom, both were dead. Round starts, I think he wins initiative and destroys my last Warforged. Luckily I have all my OMs on TKN, who finishes off Thorgrim (spirit to Sgt Drake, of course). Bryson starts taking high positions to fire on the Hivelord, and I move him around to smack at a couple. I take out a couple, moving to positions where he has to move to get good shots with his remaining 4th, giving up WTF. By this point TKN is for sure at 3-life. New round, Drake moves in. Rather than chase the last 4th or two, I snag lava-height on Drake and swing with 7 dice. Boom, 5 skulls! 1 shield means Drake takes 4 wounds. Drake retaliates, but my defense holds up. TKN swings again. Boom, 5 skulls again! 1 Shield again for Drake, and he’s gone. I don’t remember if I stole an OM from him or not at this point, but really all I had to do was finish off the 4th, and that was game. TKN was able to pull off the win with 3-life remaining.

1-0

Game 2:
Ticalla Sunrise by GameBear (2 copies)

VS
@Scaperedude
Frost Giant of Morh
Krav Maga Agents
Crixus
Phantom Knights x1
Marro Warriors
Drow Chainfighter x1

Reverse-the-Whip - We play each other’s armies

I was really excited for this game for a few reasons. One was because I’d been wanting to play against Scaperedude, and here was my chance. I’d also never had the opportunity to play with (or even see) a Frost Giant of Morh, and I was super stoked to get some of that action (more on that later). I was also excited to play against my army, and see how it fared. I was likewise excited to play Scaperedude’s army, as it was going to definitely challenge my OM placement (more on that later). And I was excited to play on Ticalla Sunrise, one of my favorite maps, with real Jungle terrain thanks to UtahScott (I have custom stuff, and have played with other custom stuff including Sir Heroscape’s, and my stuff is great, and his stuff is more than great, but there’s just something about playing with the original). All around, this was shaping up to be a rockin’ game.

So game starts. I put OM one on my Phantom Knights, moving them into position to be a light screen at worst and great glyph-grabbers at best. Scaperedude was moving the Warforged to the Wound Glyph and TKN/Nagrubs to the sandy height though, and it was obvious that he wasn’t going to let me contend either spot, so light screen it was. I started moving up Krav to take some long-range pot shots at Nagrubs and Warforged, killing maybe a couple, maybe none. I don’t remember.

Anyway, Scaperedude blew through my PKs with TKN, took the Wound glyph with the Warforged, and next thing I know, I’ve been able to at least slow the Warforged advance with two PKs, but TKN ignored the token PK I sent to him and his sitting right outside my start zone at the end of round 2. He’s in great position to move up and start stomping and poking at my units, so I decide it’s Frost Giant time. I put all my OMs on him, figuring I might lose the turn 3, but that it would be worth the risk to get the big ugly Marro out of my start zone. And if I could win initiative, it would be even better cause I could lock TKN out from getting on even ground and Trample Stomping stuff.

Scaperedude won initiative, waltzed TKN into my start zone, trampled I think 2 guys, and poked at the Frost Giant. 6 skulls. I rolled defense. 3 skulls, 1 blank. Frost Giant is dead.

In retrospect, I was so caught up in this devastating turn of events that I even forgot to roll for Dying Swipe. Not that it would have made any difference, I don’t think. Scaperedude had the rest of the round to demolish my start zone figures. I don’t think even Crixus lasted long enough for me to put an OM on him to swing back, and I definitely didn’t get any more Wounds on TKN. In the end, my PKs (ironically the only ones left after being sent out as a light screen) were able to take out one, maybe two Warforged, as well as a couple Nagrubs, before my defeat was mercifully laid to rest.

It was fun though. Heroscape at its best, and at least I got to see the Frost Giant a bit, even if I didn’t get to do anything with it.

1-1

Game 3
Noctis by mad_wookiee

VS
Andre
(I think he has an account here, but I forgot the username)
Zelirg
Eltahale
10th Regiment of Foot x1
Drow Chainfighter x3

Man oh man was I not ecstatic about this matchup. Zelig’s special would effectively put my squads’ defenses at 0, meaning he could kill my Nagrubs with 1 skull and Warforged with 2. I tried spreading them out in my start zone, but could only do so much.

Round 1. Andre won initiative. Zelrig moved up and blasted 3 Nagrubs and 2 Warforged into smithereens right off the bat. I started moving up TKN and spreading out my Nagrubs to try to catch the dragon, but he got off another shot and killed 2 more Warforged. I engaged him with TKN and a Nagrub and was able to put Big Red down 3 life, and he started missing rolls against me, meaning TKN was able to heal any damage he takes and my Nagrubs could keep advancing safely.

Andre pulled Z back closer to his start zone, TKN and Nagrubs tailing, and then moved up his 10th. At this point I was down to my last squad of Nagrubs, so TKN ate one and the other two went off to hide because my precious OMs were on them and I didn’t want a repeat of my last game. Eltahale Thunder Stepped into the mix to throw an 7-die attack at TKN. Boom, 1 skull. I was relieved, and TKN was safe. He put a couple wounds on her before I had my next big choice.

At this point, TKN is right outside Andre’s start zone, engaged with Eltahale and Big Z. 10th are sitting pretty waiting to WTF, and my Warforged are in my start zone. I have a choice to make. I can either make swings at Eltahale and Zelrig to try to finish them off, but then TKN would be WTF blasted and I wouldn’t be sure if I could finish off either hero fast enough. So I take option 2, disengage the heroes, and go for 10th. I figure if I can cripple that squad, I’ll be sitting pretty. I could do what damage I could with TKN and use the Warforged to clean up his crippled units, being able to spread them out to avoid Zelrig’s fire and Eltahale’s thunder, and the 10th wouldn’t be a huge worry if there were only 2 of them left.

Andre also made a crucial decision, to fly Z back to my start zone away from TKN. This left him more exposed on his start zone side. He also decided to shoot fire at a Nagrub (to try to get my OMs) rather than at a group of Warforged. When he rolled 3 skulls, he regretted the choice.

I moved up some Warforged at this point, putting another wound on Zelrig. Here, Andre pulled a cool move, or so I thought. He used his special on his own Zelrig. I was pretty sure this was against the rules, but thought it was a cool image (Zelrig bathing himself in flames to get rid of swarming Warforged) and wasn’t 100% so I allowed it. (Looked it up, it’s definitely against the rules. But like I said, it was a cool image. Plus he ended up blanking so it wasn’t game changing.)

From there, I slowly finished off the rest of his crippled army. My Warforged took down Big Z, then got rid of Eltahale with some help from TKN. The last 10th fell, and one-by-one so did each Drow Chainfighter. In this whole ending sequence, only one Warforged fell, and I came out on top with 1 Nagrub, 4 Warforged, and TKN remaining.

2-1

Final Game
Flooded Crypt by tannergx

VS
Taylor

Fen Hydra
Krav Maga Agents
Ice Troll Berserker
Phantom Knights x1
Me-Burq-Sa
Marro Warriors

Reverse-the-Whip - We play each other’s armies

Taylor Battle! My name is also Taylor, so here was our game to see which Taylor would win. Again I would be playing an army to test my OM placement. Luckily, I’d had practice with Scaperedude’s army which was similar (although that experience was short-lived )

Game started, and Taylor began advancing his units. I put the Hydra on the road outside my start zone to block one of the easiest paths in, and then starting using the Krav to fire at advancing units, looking particularly for tender little Nagrubs. With my Hydra in the middle ground outside my start zone, Taylor opted to go for the sides. He took Wannok with the Warforged fairly easily and held it the rest of the game, but I was able to simply put the wounds on the Troll and MBS for the most part. Instead I focused on shooting more Nagrubs and Warforged. Then, as TKN was advancing up the hill with the Valda glyph I was able to put a lucky 2 wounds on him. I decided to focus fire on him, because the Nagrubs had been separated and he wasn’t able to heal very quickly. I put 2 Krav on that hill to keep shooting at him, with one outside my start zone shooting at advancing Warforged.

Killing TKN took longer than I expected, and while I was focusing over there, the Warforged were able to slip around my Hydra and get into my start zone, killing some Phantom Knights and Marro Warriors. I was able to keep my distance with that Krav for a while, but soon he caught it and it was gone two, and my other two Krav were busy with TKN and Nagrubs who had engaged them.

Finally, Tor-Kul-Na fell. But my Krav were still engaged and with one member missing, didn’t have the offensive output I needed to get rid of Warforged (I hadn’t even been able to kill any at this point, despite taking many shots at them). So I switched to the Hydra and got to lawn mowing.

For those of you who aren’t aware, the Hydra is really really good. First OM it killed 3 Warforged. Second OM it killed 2 more, the last one still back on Wannok. I finished off the Nagrubs and there was just one Warforged left. Taylor opted to stay on the glyph rather than rush out and engage my Hydra, but once it got across the map I rolled 4 skulls and finished it there. In the end Taylor had killed the Marro Warriors and MBS, I think the PKs and almost killed the Ice Troll, all of which were in my start zone.

3-1

I ended up taking 4th overall. It was a great event with great people. I had a blast and was so glad that all the stress before hand and the nightmares of forgetting to build bring maps payed off. I had a great time, and so did my buddy True. Thanks everyone who came and participated! I can't wait to see you again at future events!

Pictures:
Spoiler Alert!

10 Points Under Videos

Old October 11th, 2016, 10:50 AM

Great battle report. Very fun to read.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 12th, 2016, 03:37 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

I agree with @Sir Heroscape , great report!!

H E R O S C A P E
Old October 12th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For some reason, the first thing that popped into my head for this tourney was Greenscales. When I finally sat down and did the math and realized how perfectly they fit into 475 points I just had to! Unfortunately, I forgot that this was reverse the whip until I got there and my own army destroyed me both times I had to face it...

Nilfheim 185
Greenscale Warriors x3 180
Raelin 80
Guilty McCreech 30

Game 1 vs. @Hamadraith

Krav Maga Agents
Raelin
Thorgrim
Tagawa Samurai
Concan

For some reason I tend to win my first game and then fall off after that (maybe I have a short attention span). I forget who went first but by round 2 he had taken a defense glyph with Concan and I had Raelin, Nilf and greenscales (including one with height on Concan) taking up positions in the middle. I briefly took the Attack +1 Glyph with a greenscale on the other side of the board but quickly abandoned it to engage the Krav who had moved in.

The real excitement started when I moved Raelin from a relatively safe spot behind Nilf to a new spot in order to protect a couple of my Greenscales that were engaged with the Krav and Tagawa. At first I thought I'd made a grave mistake as Hama engaged her and started focusing all his attacks on her. She fell, but right after that I took out the Tagawa Samurai with a series of good rolls and Hama had put all his OMs on them. At that point time was called and I finished out my turn by taking out Concan.

Game 2 Vs. The Artist formerly known as Adoney (@Sir Heroscape)

Nilfheim
Roman Archers X5

Reverse the whip gave me my opponents army. I put all OMs on my Roman Archers hoping to deal some damage with them before they fell and I managed to get 3 Arrow Volleys off at Nilf! Unfortunately they only resulted in 2 wounds on Nilf. Meanwhile, Nilf was smoking a full squad at a time with Nilfs special. Once my archers were gone, I activated Nilf and moved him into the middle on height and his wounded Nilf engaged me, but I was unable to capitalize on my advantage quickly enough and his Greenscales and Nilf brought me down.

Record: 1-1

Game 3 vs. My son, Nat

Tagawa Samurai Archers x2
Hatamoto Taro
Kaemon Awa
Master of the Hunt

Nat moved out his Tagawa Archers just like I taught him and Nilf and Greenscales made short work of them (and I took a Unique attack glyph). Unfortunately they managed to put some wounds on him and Kaemon was able to finish him off from across the board. He then focused his attention on the other side of the board against one of my greenscales that had taken the Wannok Glyph. I wasn't able to hold the glyph and I spent the rest of my Greenscales trying to retake the glyph vs. Kaemon and Hatamoto Taro on height. Even with Raelin's bonus I couldn't keep any of them alive long enough. I couldn't attack Kaemon with them either, due to Counterstrike. I finally called up Guilty who took up a spot on height with Raelin but it wasn't enough to finish Kaemon and they both fell.

Record: 1-2

Game 4 vs. @podunksarmy

Eltahale
Drow Chainfighters x3
Zelrig
10th Regiment of Foot

Reverse the whip again, and I really started to get frustrated as I really couldn't wrap my head around Eltahale's crazy powers! I moved Zelrig into the middle and got some Majestic fires action on Nilf and some adjacent Greenscales but they were all protected by Raelin so it didn't do much. They surrounded Zel and got him down to 1 life. Zel then attempted disengage to try and hit a nice cluster of guilty and 5 Greenscales but one of the 3 disengage strikes finished him. I got an Eltahle lightning strike thingy on Nilf, Rae and a Greenscale but that didn't do anything either and then then she died. I put up what fight I could with the chain fighters and 1th but i only managed to take a single squad of Greenscales.

Final record: 1-3, So yeah, mostly depressing results this time around....I should probably retire...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old October 13th, 2016, 05:16 AM

Fun reading your report @The B.I.V. Sorry it didn't go so hot...I only won 1 game last tournament too :-/ but I love seeing you there at the tournaments cause you always bring your boys and I think that's so cool. I've still got a while before my son ever gets there. Chin up and keep on keepin' on...would love to see you at The Ruins of Valhalla tourney in Pocatello next month. You gunna be able to make it up?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 13th, 2016, 10:33 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
For some reason, the first thing that popped into my head for this tourney was Greenscales. When I finally sat down and did the math and realized how perfectly they fit into 475 points I just had to! Unfortunately, I forgot that this was reverse the whip until I got there and my own army destroyed me both times I had to face it...

Nilfheim 185
Greenscale Warriors x3 180
Raelin 80
Guilty McCreech 30

Game 1 vs. @Hamadraith

Krav Maga Agents
Raelin
Thorgrim
Tagawa Samurai
Concan

For some reason I tend to win my first game and then fall off after that (maybe I have a short attention span). I forget who went first but by round 2 he had taken a defense glyph with Concan and I had Raelin, Nilf and greenscales (including one with height on Concan) taking up positions in the middle. I briefly took the Attack +1 Glyph with a greenscale on the other side of the board but quickly abandoned it to engage the Krav who had moved in.

The real excitement started when I moved Raelin from a relatively safe spot behind Nilf to a new spot in order to protect a couple of my Greenscales that were engaged with the Krav and Tagawa. At first I thought I'd made a grave mistake as Hama engaged her and started focusing all his attacks on her. She fell, but right after that I took out the Tagawa Samurai with a series of good rolls and Hama had put all his OMs on them. At that point time was called and I finished out my turn by taking out Concan.

Game 2 Vs. The Artist formerly known as Adoney (@Sir Heroscape)

Nilfheim
Roman Archers X5

Reverse the whip gave me my opponents army. I put all OMs on my Roman Archers hoping to deal some damage with them before they fell and I managed to get 3 Arrow Volleys off at Nilf! Unfortunately they only resulted in 2 wounds on Nilf. Meanwhile, Nilf was smoking a full squad at a time with Nilfs special. Once my archers were gone, I activated Nilf and moved him into the middle on height and his wounded Nilf engaged me, but I was unable to capitalize on my advantage quickly enough and his Greenscales and Nilf brought me down.

Record: 1-1

Game 3 vs. My son, Nat

Tagawa Samurai Archers x2
Hatamoto Taro
Kaemon Awa
Master of the Hunt

Nat moved out his Tagawa Archers just like I taught him and Nilf and Greenscales made short work of them (and I took a Unique attack glyph). Unfortunately they managed to put some wounds on him and Kaemon was able to finish him off from across the board. He then focused his attention on the other side of the board against one of my greenscales that had taken the Wannok Glyph. I wasn't able to hold the glyph and I spent the rest of my Greenscales trying to retake the glyph vs. Kaemon and Hatamoto Taro on height. Even with Raelin's bonus I couldn't keep any of them alive long enough. I couldn't attack Kaemon with them either, due to Counterstrike. I finally called up Guilty who took up a spot on height with Raelin but it wasn't enough to finish Kaemon and they both fell.

Record: 1-2

Game 4 vs. @podunksarmy

Eltahale
Drow Chainfighters x3
Zelrig
10th Regiment of Foot

Reverse the whip again, and I really started to get frustrated as I really couldn't wrap my head around Eltahale's crazy powers! I moved Zelrig into the middle and got some Majestic fires action on Nilf and some adjacent Greenscales but they were all protected by Raelin so it didn't do much. They surrounded Zel and got him down to 1 life. Zel then attempted disengage to try and hit a nice cluster of guilty and 5 Greenscales but one of the 3 disengage strikes finished him. I got an Eltahle lightning strike thingy on Nilf, Rae and a Greenscale but that didn't do anything either and then then she died. I put up what fight I could with the chain fighters and 1th but i only managed to take a single squad of Greenscales.

Final record: 1-3, So yeah, mostly depressing results this time around....I should probably retire...
I don't think past NHSD champs are allowed to retire. Didn't you win a tournament with the Mohicans one year in Utah? Besides how are your boys going to make it to the tournaments if you don't drive?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day