Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Notices

Old February 29th, 2012, 08:04 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Magic:The Gathering

From cubedrafting.com

Simply, the Cube is a draft format where you get to play designer and developer. You get to choose your metagame. You choose all of the cards in it. You designate powerful strategies, archetypes, and you decide which ‘foils’ to those strategies you would like to include.

I have chosen to use cards from the Modern format and to use only commons and uncommons. This was more for cost than anything else. Once your cube is complete you can do any limited format. For anyone that has a decent collection or even just starting I suggest reading more about the cube and trying it out yourself. I had a lot of fun putting it together and discussing with others the changes that should be made. If you like drafting you will fall in love with the cube.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old February 29th, 2012, 08:41 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Sounds great! I have a cube, I am considering maybe switching it up or re-creating it, since my trade stock is limited with all the rares I have in there.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old February 29th, 2012, 10:22 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Sounds great! I have a cube, I am considering maybe switching it up or re-creating it, since my trade stock is limited with all the rares I have in there.
I'd thought about building a cube, but at the same time I'd rather just save the stuff and trade it for stuff for my Standard deck.

Old February 29th, 2012, 10:46 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Just when I thought I was out. Mombo put together a red deck for me that he handed over at TotalCon. Haven't had a chance to play anything since the Con last weekend, but I'm sure I'll be trying this out very soon.

-insert signature here-
Old March 1st, 2012, 08:16 AM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Just when I thought I was out. Mombo put together a red deck for me that he handed over at TotalCon. Haven't had a chance to play anything since the Con last weekend, but I'm sure I'll be trying this out very soon.
We were talking about it and he kept saying "I hope he still plays". Welcome back!

Old March 1st, 2012, 03:20 PM

Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker

I officialy love humans. On a related topic, zombie apocalypse is a stupid card.

Honestly though, I have individual human tokens that get to be bigger than Grimgrin could ever hope to be....how does zombie apocalypse kill them? I have these huge, hulking humans (courtesy of Mikaeus. the Lunarch and gavony township), but my brother plays zombie apocalypse right before I can play overrun! Any game where he doesn't pull his only copy of zombie apocalypse, I easily win. Unfortunately, he pulls it pretty much every game. I still win well over half of them though.

Just throwing it out there that humans WOULD rule inistrad if it weren't for that one card. Also Mikaeus when he's a zombie.

On a good note, just maxed out my playsets of bloodghasts, kalastria highborn, stromkirk noble, stromkirk captain, and bloodline keeper. I also have a copy of Olivia Voldaren. Vampires FTW.

I also have a full playset of EVERY single good werewolf ever made. And several playsets of all the bad ones.

So basically, I love all of inistrad, except for the zombies. And despite pretty much every deck I own being able to repeatedly trash my brother's zombie deck, it still annoys the heck out of me whenever I want to play humans.

Wow that was a lot....just random news flashes from my inistrad collection.

Orcs Blade is Evar Scarcarver...
in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old March 2nd, 2012, 10:37 AM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcs Blade View Post
So basically, I love all of inistrad, except for the zombies.
And that is why you fail. Zombies are the best things ever.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:56 AM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Gravedigging has become my new favorite deck. Cagebreakers backed by Lunge are nearly unstoppable.

Old March 2nd, 2012, 12:20 PM

Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schulzy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcs Blade View Post
So basically, I love all of inistrad, except for the zombies.
And that is why you fail. Zombies are the best things ever.
Well, I could put together a really good zombie deck (which would probably make me love zombies), because I have gravediggers, grimgrin, and geralf's messengers, and the other good zombies aren't that hard to find. The thing is though that since my brother plays zombies and doesn't have that stuff, I don't want to make a deck that would be better than his and make him stop playing. That's his favorite deck, so I don't really want to discourage him. So I'll settle for hating zombies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar
Gravedigging has become my new favorite deck. Cagebreakers backed by Lunge are nearly unstoppable.
I put mirran crusader's in like every deck I own. And/or Go for the Throat.

Orcs Blade is Evar Scarcarver...
in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old March 2nd, 2012, 03:58 PM

I made a white token deck recently. I'm ready to try it out tonight and see how it goes. I don't have any Intagible Virtues yet, so I focus on lots of strong tokens (Honor of the Pure). I plashed red and black for Lingering Souls and Rally the Forces.

Old March 7th, 2012, 11:43 AM

Went to Walmart and picked up these weird 3 pack things. Pulled a Phyrexian Obliterator, Blightsteel Colossus, and they each came with a foil land from Ravnica, city of guilds. Pretty cool.

Old April 20th, 2012, 08:16 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, I've said it before..."I guess I'm a flip-flopper!"

Despite my long-standing disdain for the many changes (actually innovations) that Magic has seen over the years, I've found myself playing again, with newer cards even. To make a long story short...

Through my work with at-risk youth, I occasionally come across a kid that is sculpted from nerd-clay, as I was. Lately, I've been associating with a kid (for confidentiality, I'll just call him "The Kid") who plays in the current tourney meta.

Initially, I was overtaken by entire decks of cards which were unfamiliar to me, but after a few games I was accustomed to the decks and even helped The Kid sort the chaff out of them. It inspired me!

So, I went home and (to the best of my recollection) rebuild two of my favorite old-school decks: a Mirage and Visions era Sliver deck, and a 'speed kills' black deck which runs on Fallen Angels, Barrow Ghouls and various djinni/thrulls.

The Kid flipped out, said, "Those old cards are way broken!" OK, Lightning Bolt is broken; I'll give him that. So Ewok Esenwein and I got a couple of these 'Duel Decks' packs that each come with two (supposedly) counter-balanced decks. I think they're Koth vs Venser and Ajani vs Nicol Bolas. That sounds correct. While each deck has some pretty cool cards, I really feel that any of them that wish to be competitive require customization; c'mon, each of them has around thirty different cards, not including lands!

Anyhow, playing the Bolas/Ajani pairing led me to a question, and I pose it to those who post on this thread. Is there any ruling/errata concerning controlling multiples of Nicol Bolas? That is, is it legal for me to have (the planeswalker) Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker and (the summon elder dragon legend) Nicol Bolas in play at the same time?

Any thoughts?

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!

Last edited by nate the dawg; April 20th, 2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games