Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 14th, 2010, 09:56 AM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker
Re: Florida Frenzy 4.0 (Central/North FL) - Vote!

I could make that fine. BUT CURSE YOU. I had the perfect 500pt army all set up and ready to go, AND I have playtested it with my group of friends(and curb stomped them all, except when it was three on one and even then I had them done to 100pts/10pts/60pts). Dang back to the drawing board then.
Old September 17th, 2010, 11:13 AM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

Here is an update. I contacted numerous shops in Gainesville, and the best one is Mega Gaming and Comics. They are located at 4000 W Newberry Road, Suite K, Gainesville, FL. They are great because they stock HeroScape and have eight or so large tables.

The only problem is they have a Warhammer tournament on 10/23, but are free any other weekend, including 10/30. So I wanted to see if it was alright if we played that weekend instead. I know Riggler and randomskyfears said that was not preferred, but can you guys still make it on 10/30, or should I move the date into November? In the meantime, I'll continue looking for a place that can host it on 10/23.

Last edited by BurnyFlame; September 17th, 2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old September 17th, 2010, 01:32 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
Here is an update. I contacted numerous shops in Gainesville, and the best one is Mega Gaming and Comics. They are located at 4000 W Newberry Road, Suite K, Gainesville, FL. They are great because they stock HeroScape and have eight or so large tables.

The only problem is they have a Warhammer tournament on 10/23, but are free any other weekend, including 10/30. So I wanted to see if it was alright if we played that weekend instead. I know Riggler and randomskyfears said that was not preferred, but can you guys still make it on 10/30, or should I move the date into November? In the meantime, I'll continue looking for a place that can host it on 10/23.
I could probably make it 10/30. Have you looked at their store on Google Maps? It appears the image is old, prior to them moving in, but the square footage of the space they are in seems tiny.. I just wonder even if they have 8 or so large tables if there would still be room for everyone attending. May want to check on "open" square footage" and see if they can really accomdate our potential numbers plus maps.

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old September 17th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: Florida Frenzy 4.0 (Gainesville, FL) - 10/30?

I've ran into this before. Many places are set up for Magic-style games. A little table space and people shoulder to shoulder. Heroscape takes up a lot more space, even with small sized maps.

I like finding places that are used to running Clix or even Warhammer or Warmachine, so that I understand they know the kind of space we're going to need.
Old September 17th, 2010, 09:38 PM

Neodemon0 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I have a small club that would like to attend you tournament in Gainesville if it is okay. There are about eight or nine of us. 10/30 is a fine date and as for maps I'll see what we decide on. We are located in Lake Butler is not a long drive and we would be happy to help setup/takedown in any way possible.
Old September 17th, 2010, 10:02 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neodemon0 View Post
I have a small club that would like to attend you tournament in Gainesville if it is okay. There are about eight or nine of us. 10/30 is a fine date and as for maps I'll see what we decide on. We are located in Lake Butler is not a long drive and we would be happy to help setup/takedown in any way possible.
Cool, this is turning out to be a fairly large tournament.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old September 17th, 2010, 10:57 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Please make sure this event is posted in the WotC prize support thread:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=32440

Event organizer also needs to PM me mailing information.

Thank you

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old September 18th, 2010, 03:24 AM

randomskyfears is surprisingly tart

Why can we not go back to the 16th if the 23rd is bad? Isn't that the main day anyways? The 30th most likely won't happen for me if it gets moved to then. Is there no other shop or city we can move to for the 23rd? I'd really hate to miss a tourney
Old September 20th, 2010, 10:10 AM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

I am still good for all days, just need to know in advance. Also would anyone in the St.Pete/Tampa area be interested in carpooling? I can drive, only stipulation is you most have an appreciation for good music(John Williams, Howard Shore, Verdi, Danny Elfman Bach, Brahms,Holst,James Horner etc) and be willing to chip in a little for gas.
Old September 20th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

I am good for any day, and will try to bring Mrs. Filthy along for a few games as well. Also, please let me know if you need any help with anything (setup, tear down, bar tab, etc), as we will probably make a weekend of it.
Old September 20th, 2010, 05:50 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation
Re: Florida Frenzy 4.0 (Gainesville, FL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neodemon0 View Post
Neodemon0, it would be awesome if your group can come. It would give us enough people to get WOTC prize support. Can you group make 10/23 as well?
Quote:
Why can we not go back to the 16th if the 23rd is bad? Isn't that the main day anyways? The 30th most likely won't happen for me if it gets moved to then. Is there no other shop or city we can move to for the 23rd? I'd really hate to miss a tourney
randomskyfears, I just wanted to know if you could make 10/30, but if you definitely can't, I'd prefer to keep it 10/23 so you can attend. So I am now trying to find a suitable location open on 10/23 that is big enough to host 20+ people.

Everyone, I still need help with maps. Currently the suggestions are:
Quasatch Playground
Striking Distance
If you can't take the heat...
Jotun's Gap
When Paths Cross
Nexus
Failed Negotiations
Reclamation Plant
Please suggest more, or vote on your favorite. Preferably, vote on ones which you can bring!

Last edited by BurnyFlame; September 20th, 2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old September 20th, 2010, 10:47 PM

Neodemon0 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Florida Frenzy 4.0 (Gainesville, FL)

My group should be able to come on the 23. As for things we can bring we have two ROTV, 2 SOTM, 2 marvel, 1 Ticalla Jungle, 4 Castle sets, 1 RTTFF, 1 VW, don't know if this helps but we should be able to bring this.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day