Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old May 19th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Deals on Dice Boxes

I was one day away from releasing a brand new product line through VixenTor Games - the dice box. This handy box would let you put all your stuff in there - minis, dice, order markers, wound counters, even cards - and let you go to tourneys carrying one little box. I commissioned a local contractor to make me 12 of each variety, and designed some really nice art for the lids.

And then today, I decided not to sell them.

There are three problems with these boxes.

1) Not quite big enough. They'll hold everything you need for a tournament except dragons and cards - but I really wanted them to hold cards.

2) They don't open flat. Like, the lid sits nicely when it's closed, but because of how the hinges sit, they won't open flat. You can leave the lid up and roll the dice into the box, but it won't sit flat when it's open.

3) Small imperfections. A few of the boxes have glue stains. A few have lids that don't line up exactly with the bases.

They're still really nice boxes, but they're not what I wanted. So I'm liquidating them on eBay, below what I paid for them:

Light Stained Box

Dark Stained Box with Hook Latch

Red Stained Box

Dark Stained Box with Clasp Latch

These cost me more to make than what I'm charging for them, but I would like to see them go to people who could use them. They're nice boxes, just not what I intend to sell.

If any admin has a problem with me posting this here, let me know and I'll take it down, or just delete it outright. I'm not trying to spam, just let people know they can get real cheap dice boxes for as long as they last.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old May 19th, 2007, 05:43 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
They still look pretty nice IMax...I was working on a similar thing...It still doesn't hold dragons but it does hold the cards along with everything else....gotta work out a few things on it but I would be more than happy to send you one (gratis) to check it out when i have perfected it.
Old May 19th, 2007, 05:44 PM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
Ga! dang it Imax I"m trying to get enough money to buy one of Caliver's mats and you set some decent dice boxes on sale!?

FINISH HIM!
Old May 19th, 2007, 05:53 PM

Talos is surprisingly tart
Very nice product IM, even if they are slightly imperfect (and that's not easily detectable). Got two questions for you, are they lined, or could they be, and will you ship outside the US, me being an Antipodean and all...

Cheers,
Talos

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
- George Carlin
Old May 19th, 2007, 05:55 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talos
Very nice product IM, even if they are slightly imperfect (and that's not easily detectable). Got two questions for you, are they lined, or could they be, and will you ship outside the US, me being an Antipodean and all...

Antipodean?????? Does that mean you are against feet????
Old May 19th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yeah, I'll ship international. The shipping is going to be worse than the box, though - international rates just took a pretty serious hop.

They aren't lined now, but I'll put some lining in the bottom for another buck.

And I just tested - they actually do hold dragons. Just not HS cards.

Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old May 19th, 2007, 06:10 PM

Talos is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
Antipodean?????? Does that mean you are against feet????
noooooo our toilet water just spins in the opposite direction from you guys...

To IM: I was reading about the postal charge hike, as if shipping from the US wasn't slow, unreliable and expensive enough already...

Maybe I'll wait for the new boxes and get a Dice Tower at the same time...

Cheers,
Talos

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
- George Carlin
Old May 19th, 2007, 08:44 PM

dickflea Woo who?
They are still pretty niffty IM. I don't think anyone will mind not being able to fit the dragons in.
Old May 20th, 2007, 12:57 AM

Marduk has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickflea
They are still pretty niffty IM. I don't think anyone will mind not being able to fit the dragons in.
I would say that is a mark against it, and not being able to put the cards in is a deal-breaker. Holding the army cards is definately a must for this sort of box.

Of course, once you make the box able to hold a dragon or two, Hasbro will introduce something else that will not fit. This upcoming Hive-thing is probably a good example of that. However, consider a clip or two of some sort mounted on the outside of the box that can hold onto the bases of a couple of large figures. That allows for bringing the units along, if not as neatly, and gives you leeway for newer, larger and costlier figures.

Malpractice makes malperfect!
Ohio Valley Association of Heroscapers

Art by Susan Van Camp, Copyright 2006. www.artbysvc.com
Old May 20th, 2007, 03:02 AM
Man Genius

Well, like I said, they do hold the dragons. I tried them with Charos, Mimring and Su Bak Na, and they all fit in there.

I haven't decided what the new boxes will look like. I may concentrate on the card boxes that I already have designed (and that work great), and if I can finish everything else, I might take another stab at the dice boxes after GenCon.

Old May 20th, 2007, 03:47 PM

Marduk has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Well, like I said, they do hold the dragons. I tried them with Charos, Mimring and Su Bak Na, and they all fit in there.
Sorry, I thought you said they would not hold the dragons.

Malpractice makes malperfect!
Ohio Valley Association of Heroscapers

Art by Susan Van Camp, Copyright 2006. www.artbysvc.com
Old May 20th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Man Genius

My original post I hadn't even tried them, and assumed dragons wouldn't fit. Turns out they do.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion