Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old March 1st, 2013, 01:20 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Jorhdawn (100)
Chardis (90)
Emiroon (80)
Arkmer (50)
Knyleta Gwen (20)
Warriors of Ashra x3 (150)
Isamu (10)
500/15 hexes
Marro Drudge x7 350
Q10 500 / 23

The consistent number of ranged attacks coming from my marro should chew through the elf-screen quickly. Without Ulginesh to give the elf wizards some efficiency, the only one I'm worried about is Jorhdawn - none of your other heroes can attack more than one figure per turn.

Q10 is clean-up, and a hero-buster if needed.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old March 1st, 2013, 08:16 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ouch, thats the first drudge army I've ever seen.

Anyway, for another fun army.

Fyorlag Spider x7 (280)
Quahon (190)
Marcu (20)
490/24 hexes

So this one is interesting. Since you have so many of the same unit, the spiders will be able to consistently be able to use the Entangling Web, hopefully slowing the drudge. Then, Q can arc lighting through the mass of drudge back to hit Q10. Once the major is down, it's all clean up, even marcu will be able to crush those low defense squaddies.

Oh ya, and we really need to clarify if C3V are allowed, I think they should be, personally.
Old March 1st, 2013, 11:40 AM

Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby!

Kurrok the Elementalist,
Marcu Esenwein,
Water Elemental x3,
Fire Elemental x3,
Earth Elemental x3,
Air Elemental x2.

My Youtube Channel

Eraguy816 is

in the Epic Fairyland Cave
Old March 1st, 2013, 10:39 PM
definitely (Probably)

Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraguy816 View Post
Kurrok the Elementalist,
Marcu Esenwein,
Water Elemental x3,
Fire Elemental x3,
Earth Elemental x3,
Air Elemental x2.
Tor-Kul-Na
Nagrubs x4
Fen Hydra
Kira Jax
Isamu

TKN stomps his way through your Fire and Earth Elementals, The Fen Hydra uses reach and slither to kill Air and Water Elementals.

EDIT: Kira Jax is mostly just filler, but she has a useful ability that lets her run past Air Elementals and ignore the Water Elementals defense boost.

Sock is one week away from retirement, in
THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Last edited by Sock; March 2nd, 2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:36 AM

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

May I ask what Kira Jax is for?

In any case, heres a fun one, I'm going to just assume that C3V are all game.

Omnicron Snipers x2 (200)
Omnicron Repulsors x3 (120)
Omegacron (180)
500 points/17 hexes, and a beautifully themed army

The Snipers take to height to avoid getting hit by TKN, they can sit in safety and bring the nagrubs down, and get as many wounds as possible on the Hydra. If luck holds, the repulsors will be able to move up and assist with that. Omegacron directs the troops, but will also be used in the endgame to bring down TKN. His high range and (hopefully) a double 4 attack, will be able to stop the Marro Hivelord relatively easily.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:07 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
May I ask what Kira Jax is for?

In any case, heres a fun one, I'm going to just assume that C3V are all game.

Omegacron (180)

The Snipers take to height to avoid getting hit by TKN, they can sit in safety and bring the nagrubs down, and get as many wounds as possible on the Hydra. If luck holds, the repulsors will be able to move up and assist with that. Omegacron directs the troops, but will also be used in the endgame to bring down TKN. His high range and (hopefully) a double 4 attack, will be able to stop the Marro Hivelord relatively easily.
Hmm, I don't know about that counter, there is alot of expensive small guys there to get tampled by TKN. But its has merit if you think Omega or the snipers can bring down TKN fast enough.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:31 PM
definitely (Probably)

Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Omegacron (180)
Death Knights x4 (240)
Skull Demons x4 (500)

With so many 1 attack common figures in your army, the Skull Demon's Frightening Presence makes them nearly invincible. The Repulsor's don't stand a chance against Soul Weapons + Attack Aura, so the Omnicrons won't have anything to boost their attack.

THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old March 2nd, 2013, 04:11 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock View Post

Death Knights x4 (240)
Skull Demons x4 (500)
Cyprien
Sonya
Braxas
Black Wyrmlings x3

Cyp can inflict damage without too much issue, and the Black Dragons have a useful acid breath (and as Braxas has a good attack score and a nice life score, she can still combat the Skull Demons). Also, my entire army can easily out maneuver you, taking height/glyphs as needed to help mitigate the use of your Soul Weapons.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:33 PM
definitely (Probably)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:

Death Knights x4 (240)
Skull Demons x4 (500)
Cyprien
Sonya
Braxas
Black Wyrmlings x3

Cyp can inflict damage without too much issue, and the Black Dragons have a useful acid breath (and as Braxas has a good attack score and a nice life score, she can still combat the Skull Demons). Also, my entire army can easily out maneuver you, taking height/glyphs as needed to help mitigate the use of your Soul Weapons.
Shades of Bleakewoode x5 (500)

Basically just spam Soul Devour on Cyprien and Braxas, then kill the Wyrmlings with the possessed figures.

THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:43 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Oops. :P

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Death Knights x4 (240)
Skull Demons x4 (500)
Cyprien
Sonya
Braxas
Black Wyrmlings x3

Basically just spam Soul Devour on Cyprien and Braxas, then kill the Wyrmlings with the possessed figures.
..........If it weren't for the fact that I like the Shades of Bleakewoode I wouldn't direct you to this thread.

Its still a good thread to read if you haven't already, regardless

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:49 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Death Knights x4 (240)
Skull Demons x4 (500)
Cyprien
Sonya
Braxas
Black Wyrmlings x3

Kozuke 100 (100)
Tagawa archers x2 130 (230)
Tagawa samurai 130 (360)
Izumi 60 (420)
Raelin 80 (500)
Only person you can devour is Raelin. This forces you to attack to win this battle. This means alot of counter striking. Raelin boosts the counters. If any of the samurai actually get a kill added bonus. And I can just surround raelin with Izumi and Tagawa to prevent her getting soul devoured.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old March 5th, 2013, 11:19 PM

The obvious counter would be a Q9 and 10 team, but let's go for originality.

Anubrein Archers x3 (210)
Venoc Warlord (120)
Venoc Vipers x4 (160)
Isamu (10)

Here's the strategy. The Archers use Frenzy + a fast move to bring down the Tagawa Samurai and Realin quickly. Then the Vipers can rush in, and since they have so little defense and a moderate attack, the Vipers will be able to bring down the other samurai. The Archers can also give support throughout the battle. In the endgame, the Venoc Warlord will be able to clean up. Isamu will also work great to bring down Raelin.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion