Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old February 27th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Playtest Spreadsheet

Sign-up Sheet
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (SotM)
  • 1-on-1 Match #1: vs. Kaemon Awa (GreyOwl) - COMPLETE
    1-on-1 Match #2: vs. Krug (GreyOwl) - COMPLETE
    1-on-1 Match #3:
    1-on-1 Match #4:
    1-on-1 Match #5:

1-on-squad Match #1: vs. Nakita Agents (GreyOwl) - COMPLETE
    1-on-squad Match #2: vs. Tagawa Samurai (GreyOwl) - COMPLETE
    1-on-squad Match #3: vs. The Einar Imperium (allskulls) - COMPLETE
    1-on-squad Match #4:
    1-on-squad Match #5:

team-on-team Match #1: Raelin (SotM), Sgt. Drak (SotM),3x 4th Massachusetts vs. Kee-Mo-Shi, Ne-Gok-Sa, Isamu, 2x Marro Stingers, 3x Marro Drones (GreyOwl, ZBeeblebrox) - COMPLETE
    team-on-team Match #2: Raelin (SotM), 2x Deathreavers, 5x Marro Stingers vs. Laglor, Krav Maga Agents, Major Q9, Agent Carr, Isamu (ZBeeblebrox) - PENDING
    team-on-team Match #3:
    team-on-team Match #4:
    team-on-team Match #5:
Captain America
  • 1-on-1 Match #1: vs. Jotun (IAmBatman) - PENDING
    1-on-1 Match #2:
    1-on-1 Match #3:
    1-on-1 Match #4:
    1-on-1 Match #5:

1-on-squad Match #1:
    1-on-squad Match #2:
    1-on-squad Match #3:
    1-on-squad Match #4:
    1-on-squad Match #5:

team-on-team Match #1:
    team-on-team Match #2:
    team-on-team Match #3:
    team-on-team Match #4:
    team-on-team Match #5:

Krav Maga Agents
  • 1-on-1 Match #1:
    1-on-1 Match #2:
    1-on-1 Match #3:
    1-on-1 Match #4:
    1-on-1 Match #5:

1-on-squad Match #1:
    1-on-squad Match #2:
    1-on-squad Match #3:
    1-on-squad Match #4:
    1-on-squad Match #5:

team-on-team Match #1: Raelin (SotM), 2x Deathreavers, 5x Marro Stingers vs. Laglor, Krav Maga Agents, Major Q9, Agent Carr, Isamu (ZBeeblebrox) - PENDING
    team-on-team Match #2:
    team-on-team Match #3:
    team-on-team Match #4:
    team-on-team Match #5:

The playtest spreadsheet that allskulls and I have been working on is mostly done. The only thing remaining at this point is tuning and calibrating the formulas, and to do that we need real data. That's where you guys come in! :P

Using the attached scorecard, we need data from playtests of official figures (not customs) so we can calibrate everything. There are 3 types of matches: 1-on-1, 1-on-squad, and team-on-team. For each one, we need 5 different matchups, with 10 games each. So that works out to 150 games total, which is obviously too much for one person to do alone. Volunteers?

The official figures we need tested number around 10-15, due to the need to test different types of figures. But to start with, we need to do:
  • Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (SotM version)
  • Captain America
  • Krav Maga Agents
If people could "sign-up" for what tests they'd like to do and then send me the data it would help tremendously.

For Raelin, some of the test are alredy complete:
1-on-1 Matches
vs. Kaemon Awa - all 10 games complete
vs. Krug - all 10 games complete
need 3 more matches for 1-on-1

1-on-Squad
vs. Nakita Agents - all 10 games complete
vs. Tagawa Samurai - all 10 games complete
vs. The Einar Imperium - all 10 games complete
need 2 more matches for 1-on-Squad

Team-on-Team
Raelin (SotM), Sgt. Drake (SotM), 3x 4th Massachusetts vs. Kee-Mo-Shi, Ne-Gok-Sa, Isamu, 2x Marro Stingers, 3x Marro Drones - 6 games complete, 4 more needed
need 4 more matches for Team-on-Team

for Captain America and Krav Maga Agents, nothing has been done yet.

Instructions
Download and print out the PDF file of the scoresheet: PlaytestScoresheet.pdf

Fill it out as you play, then PM me the results.

The scoresheet looks like this:

Most of it is pretty self-explanatory, but here are some guidelines:

1. Play against figures/teams that are as close as possible in point cost. However, the spreadsheet will scale if they aren't identical. This only works within a limited range, so don't stray too far. For example, Raelin is 120 points. For opponents, try to stay in the 100-140 point range. Even 90-150 might be good. But Raelin vs. Hulk wouldn't give useful results.

2. Maps - only use official maps or Battlefields of Valhalla certified maps. Keeps the maps normal size - nothing tiny and nothing huge. Use maps that are "fair" (no long climbs if the test figure can't fly, etc.). The goal is for the test figure to get plenty of play, not just sit on the sidelines doing nothing.

3. Rounds - total # of round the game lasted. Partial rounds count as 1. When the test figure is destroyed, end the game. No need to go on further.

4. Attack Delivered - the # of times the test figure attempted to attack (via attack dice or d20 ability). Count all attempts, so "Double Attack" would count as 2.

5. Wounds Inflicted - total # of wounds markers inflicted.

6. Kill Points - # of kill points delivered by the test figure ( (cost/life)*(# wounds) ). For 1-on-1 and 1-on-squad, no need to fill this out as the spreadsheet can auto-calculate it. For team-on-team, you'll have to figure it out since the spreadsheet can't know which figure(s) received the wounds.

7. # attacks received - count all attempts to attack the test figure (via attack dice or d20)

8. # wounds received - total # of wounds received by the test figure. Obviously, can't exceed the figure's life.

9. Assists - these can be many things. Basically, anytime the test figure helps another figure. Raelin's aura is a great example. When rolling the extra die for defense, just count how many times that extra die was rolled, regardless of the outcome. In Captain America's case, it works similarly. Each extra die rolled for attack or defense counts as 1 assits. For d20 boosts, again the same thing - just count how many times you "boosted" a d20. Other non-die based assists are things like Carry. Everytime you carry a figure, count it as 1 assist.

10. As questions come up for other things, please ask rather than guessing. If you can't ask because you're in the middle of a game, try to records as much information as possible so we can have the data we need later. There will always be weird situations when you get into abilities like bonding and swapping control of figures.

That's it! As people (hopefully) volunteer, I'll keep a sign-up sheet in this first post of who will be testing what, so we don't duplicate effort. Thanks in advance for all the help!
Old February 27th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Let me just say that the suggested costs we are getting from the spreadsheet are looking really good so far.

Also, hopefully there's classic custom guys out there that want to help too. THis is designed to help custom costing across the board, not just Marvel.
Old February 27th, 2008, 06:22 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
I updated step 9 above regarding how to collect data for assists. So if you already read it, please re-read it. If you haven't yet, then you're good.
Old February 27th, 2008, 08:26 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Wow! This is incredible. Great job to both of you. Tomorrow is my brother's birthday, but this weekend I can maybe get some testing in later.

Just one question. How do you plan on working this for customs? Not only are therenot many squads in the point values many customs float around, but 150 tests is a huge amount for one TNT trial.

Old February 27th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Grindmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
Just one question. How do you plan on working this for customs? Not only are therenot many squads in the point values many customs float around, but 150 tests is a huge amount for one TNT trial.
Using multiple squads if needed should not be a problem for the 1-on-squad test.
150 does seem daunting but with enough testers it is easily broken up. The 1-on-1 and 1-on-squad tests go rather quickly. The team tests is what will take time but with preset teams, running games back to back shouldn't be too bad since there's not a lot of set up between games. The key is to get many different testers on these. The team games are the funnest so I'm hoping it will be easy to get players to run those. We may even be able to cut down on the games required to play for these.
Old February 27th, 2008, 09:45 PM

For one-on-one games, I've done 10 games in under an hour, depending on the figures. The reason there are so many is that there is wild variation in suggested cost with fewer games. With a single one-on-one matchup, the cost doesn't stabilize until 8-10 games, and the overall one doesn't stabilize until 4-5 different matchups. 3-4 individual games sometimes seem like they're giving consistent results, but that's not always the case. But just like allskulls said, this would have to be done with a lot of testers.
Old February 27th, 2008, 10:25 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Wow this is an awesome idea! I wish I had more time to help out with this endevor. I may be able to get a game or two in each week, that is if i put other custom playtesting on hold. Which I think is worth it, to get this idea up and running.

Thanks to all who have been the brain trust behins this.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old February 28th, 2008, 09:03 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Very nice idea lads.

Are the 1-on-1 matches still played on a full map?
Old February 28th, 2008, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff
Very nice idea lads.

Yes, but I find a very small map works for those. You need a reasonable map to take advantage of abilities like Flying.
Old February 28th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Grindmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff
Very nice idea lads.

Yes, but I find a very small map works for those. You need a reasonable map to take advantage of abilities like Flying.
Yeah, the key for 1-on-1 maps is to ensure attacking will happen by OM 2. All the 1-on-1's or 1-on-squads I have ran, there was attacking happening by at least OM 2 and sometimes OM 1.
Old February 28th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
So, are you guys handing out assignments, or are we supposed to volunteer or what? I'd like to help, since I have a big interest in this (though I'm not sure how soon I'll be able to get in any tests).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 28th, 2008, 11:24 PM

The plan is to have volunteers. Unless you want us to start drafting people?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations