Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 19th, 2008, 05:07 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: NHSD '08 Preliminary

To me, it depends on the time limit of the matches as well. I think if we're going to come up with a standard point total, we should also come up with a standard time limit.

I would probably vote for 500 points, 1 hour. It's a little longer than some time limits but it would ensure that most games finish by someone killing all of the other's figures, not counting points.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 19th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
To me, it depends on the time limit of the matches as well. I think if we're going to come up with a standard point total, we should also come up with a standard time limit.

I would probably vote for 500 points, 1 hour. It's a little longer than some time limits but it would ensure that most games finish by someone killing all of the other's figures, not counting points.
Well, not that this has much to do with NHSD, here's what I find a good time limit for these point totals.

450 45-50 Minutes!
500 50 minutes -1 hour!
520 50 mintues -1 hour
600 1 hour- 1 hour 7 minutes[This is what my tournament was, I think 1 person is the only on the went over, and he had Zombies and Rat.[That all!]

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old August 19th, 2008, 05:34 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

OK, I will be the wet blanket.

What does it do for us to all be running the same point total across the nation??

I say we do what we have done in the past. Just run our tournemants/event the way we decide to in our cities.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 19th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Well, Ry; having a uniform army size does allow people here to talk about x-number armies, never mentioning their own, of course. <grin>
Old August 19th, 2008, 05:53 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think it would just add to the sense of community overall. Also, it would allow for direct comparisons of army and tabulations of winning/losing units etc. Maybe I'm just a sucker for stats.
Old August 19th, 2008, 06:13 PM

Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby!

I love the idea of having some nationally uniform constraints on tournaments. Tournaments could still be run however TD's want, only there could be "semi-official" standards if they'd like to use them.

Personally, I like the way Onacara and the guys over at NESA have established their scoring system. It allows the TD freedom in choosing what type of tournament to run.

In OVAH, we use the same system and it's cool because players can be ranked (if they choose).
I hope that more regional groups pop up so that we can work toward national rankings.

So, to second Velenne's point, it helps build the community.
Old August 19th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

the one im hosting is going to be a gencon ripoff.....520pts!
Old August 19th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

I don't see the community building aspect, personally.
Old August 19th, 2008, 06:22 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
I say we do what we have done in the past. Just run our tournemants/event the way we decide to in our cities.

I see no need for a standard point total.

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!
Old August 19th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I could see some reasoning for wanting a specific point total if there is a tourney format similar to what was at GenCon though that may not appeal to all people. We could say it'd be nice if people do 520 pts like the championships but there is no way to enforce it anyhow, open play without DCI involvement at the moment doesn't put any organized play requirement to be required.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old August 19th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Knight View Post
I love the idea of having some nationally uniform constraints on tournaments. Tournaments could still be run however TD's want, only there could be "semi-official" standards if they'd like to use them.

Personally, I like the way Onacara and the guys over at NESA have established their scoring system. It allows the TD freedom in choosing what type of tournament to run.

In OVAH, we use the same system and it's cool because players can be ranked (if they choose).
I hope that more regional groups pop up so that we can work toward national rankings.

So, to second Velenne's point, it helps build the community.
The thing is we were working on the NESA about 4-5 months before it went public. It took that long for us to make everything crystal clear.

Ry- I agree completely. Their is no need for uniform points. Otherwise it makes the tournaments less personal.This is one of the reasons I had a 600 point tournament. I was the first on the east coast to have one in the last year, and everyone had a blast. The best parts about playing in tournaments, is getting to try different combinations of units, if it's all one unified point value, then tournament armies would have a lot of similarities.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old August 20th, 2008, 07:25 AM

Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
The thing is we were working on the NESA about 4-5 months before it went public. It took that long for us to make everything crystal clear.
I'm not sure what your point here is, ShadesFan. It's because I think that the NESA setup and scoring method is so good that I would recommend it to be used for the national rankings.

As far as wondering how this would help the overall community. How wouldn't it? It doesn't have to be a requirement.

Why don't people just play basketball, football, and baseball at home and stop joining all those silly leagues and conferences and such?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day