Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old September 6th, 2007, 09:17 PM

AmishLuvah has disabled reputation
Why a trade thread and not a trade board?

I kind of curious as to why we have a trade thread and not an entire board devoted to it. I have a feeling that the community is going to be growing a lot in the next few months and I feel that have a trade board would be a step in the right direction for keeping things in order. Anyone else have a thought about it?
Old September 6th, 2007, 09:19 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
This is not Pokemon. Quite frankly, there is no need for a BOARD devoted to it, as the trades are relatively simple. UNLIKE Pokemon, you don't have to make extensive lists of what you want and what you have. It's simpler and easier this way for Heroscape.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 6th, 2007, 09:25 PM

robopesant has disabled reputation
We do already have some unnecessary boards like the off topic board and fan art. So why not? I do see your point though.

ROTV-(2x land) 1SOTM 2RTTFF 1VW 1Tundra 1FOTA All expansion packs up to wave 6 (getting wave 7 soon).
Old September 6th, 2007, 09:27 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The off-topic boards are for people to, ya know, not talk about Heroscape every 5 seconds. Fan Art is where people show off their artistic skill the majority of us would envy for. I hardly call those two useless.

Old September 6th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by robopesant
We do already have some unnecessary boards like the off topic board and fan art. So why not? I do see your point though.
Fan Art is uneccessary? Now that you have upset all the artists on the board is there anything else you would like say?

As for a Trade Board, if there is a board for trading then it would be expected for the admins to govern over things. We don't endorse the trading, we don't want to be responsible for any trades that go wrong. Trading is done at your own risk. If we create a section just for trading, someone will get upset when a trade goes bad and expect us to step in, which we aren't going to do. Or something to that effect...
Old September 6th, 2007, 09:28 PM

Actually, I play D&D Minis, and HorrorClix. Get your age range right. Trust me, having a whole board dedicated to it makes things TONS easier. Each person has their own trade thread (they only ever get one), which they can update with their haves/wants as needed. Works great on the DDM boards and I don't see why it wouldn't work great here too.

edit: Also, bad traders on those boards get blacklisted. No one expects the admins to do anything.
Old September 6th, 2007, 09:29 PM

Well a trade thread is not useless either, but it's not necessary just like the fan art and off topic section.

ROTV-(2x land) 1SOTM 2RTTFF 1VW 1Tundra 1FOTA All expansion packs up to wave 6 (getting wave 7 soon).
Old September 6th, 2007, 09:32 PM

Robopeasant, you said that a trade board would be better than Off-Topic and Art boards. That's hardly the case. The Admins, like Nether said, don't even LOOK over trades, and if they make a board, someone has to look over it. It's that simple. The Art Board, however, is another way to show talent, and the Off-Topic, like I said, is to not talk about Heroscape every 5 seconds.

Old September 6th, 2007, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
Robopeasant, you said that a trade board would be better than Off-Topic and Art boards. That's hardly the case. The Admins, like Nether said, don't even LOOK over trades, and if they make a board, someone has to look over it. It's that simple. The Art Board, however, is another way to show talent, and the Off-Topic, like I said, is to not talk about Heroscape every 5 seconds.
I didn't say it would be better, I said they were unnecessary.
But I do see your (and netherspirit's) point about the admin thing.

Old September 6th, 2007, 09:45 PM

As to backlisting, this isn't nessecarily a large community like those sites your visiting. You generally know almost everyone on this site is trustworthy. In addition, people don't trade nearly as much. What, we trade like exclusives and wave 3 and that's pretty much it! I don't think we need a trade board for that.

Old September 6th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by robopesant
I didn't say it would be better, I said they were unnecessary.
Heck, while you're at it, why not just say all the sections are unnecessary and we can just have one big section for everything?

Again, on the topic at hand, we don't endorse trading, and quite frankly I don't think there is enough trading going on to warrant it. This isn't a blind purchase game, it doesn't have rarity, yes there are some exclusives, etc, but I don't think there is enough trading going on to even warrant giving it its own section.
Old September 6th, 2007, 09:54 PM

You are somewhat correct. I'm thinking more along the lines of inter-game trading. For instance, I'm trading some raistlin promos with someone for Heroscape product. If I hadn't made a separate thread for that, would potentially interested people have been able to find the trade proposal without wading through 50+ pages in the trade thread? That's not really practical.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online