Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old November 15th, 2010, 02:30 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla-READY FOR NOMINATIONS!

Thanks for taking another look Killo, and I understand.

I would argue that the Rechets are not really the same, as I can't think of any example where you wouldn't really want to summon them, where as I can think of a number of situations where I would't want to create a Bodak (in addition to not being able to due to the creation requirements), but I know it's a little out there as far as abilities go

Thanks again for the eyes on the custom though

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless
Old November 15th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

There are two things I will be checking for reflexively when I see a nomination. 1. Is the mini information there, and 2. Is the card written in gud English. If one of those is missing then the card is, in my opinion, not something I would ever vote yes for, so I may as well vote 'no' to review.

The Deathwalker 10,000 violates Rule 1 so I vote no.

It's difficult for me to overstate the importance of the availability of the mini. If others can't get it, why should it be included in the HeroScape canon?

I read the Nightwalker and Bodak cards (again) and Therrian's follow up comments with some interest. I remember reading it the first time, it was either Therrian's thread or maybe a competition.

I don't think at this point it will be getting reviewed, but I will add an additional concern. As I read the card the Nightwalker can destroy friendly units to create Bodaks. I suspect that was intended but I have significant concerns about the power of that unit when he can create his own bonding squad, and I'm curious to know if Therrian has played him that way. Needing an 11 or higher to create the Bodak might be prohibitively risky if the unit is a Krav, but not so much if it's a Deathreaver.

Give Nightwalker a bunch of rats and not only do you have a screen to shield him from range, but you have board control *and* a steady supply of Bodak parts.

Therrian, thank you for responding to the other judges with your thoughts, it's a very interesting concept, using essentially wandering sculpts as additional arms of the Nightwalker. They are, of course, as a practical matter a regenerating bonding squad and I'm sure you made an effort to build that in to the 220 point cost.

Very interesting innovation, though I have a serious concern about how easy it would be to generate (and regenerate) the bonding squad by destroying friendlies.

I'm also struggling to wrap my brain around two other issues related to Nightwalker. 1. What about start zone size, and 2. The whole concept of a 'common hero' that is and is not a unit of its own. I wonder if this guy isn't just bending too many rules at once.

No to Nightwalker, but many kudos for the aggressive innovation. Looks like fun, but just too many subtle (and not so subtle) problems he might have to be a part of the canon.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 15th, 2010, 03:11 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!

To be honest, I had never considered attacking friendlies, and that does open up some interesting possibilities...and I can totally see where that changes the way this guy could be played.

Thanks for pointing that out!

I would probably remove that possibility from the figure going forward as I do agree that it provides some power-creep that would be potentially balance wrecking.

Thanks again for the feedback...learned something new about the figure, who woulda thought!

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless
Old November 15th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

3 NOs removes Therrian's Nightwalker and Bodaks from the process.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)

Last edited by Killometer; December 4th, 2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old November 15th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

I always wondered what you guys saw in DW10K I didn't. I honestly don't think he's my best... just because someone nominated it and put it through CHCG24 doesn't mean it is my best. Personally, I would rather see Gordy or Asmodeus or the gruts or even the freakin' Raptors nominated for something! But I can't nominate my own cards as far as I know, so I'll be on the lookout for good customs for you guys.

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old November 15th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysto2002 View Post
But I can't nominate my own cards as far as I know, so I'll be on the lookout for good customs for you guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
SECTION 1: Submission guidelines and tips
4. Anyone can nominate a unit for consideration.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old November 15th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysto2002 View Post
But I can't nominate my own cards as far as I know,
BZZZZ!!! Incorrect, sir. It certainly doesn't say anywhere you can't, because you can.

In fact, to date a full one half of our nominations have been nominations by the creator of the custom.

edit: ninja'ed by Killometer, but I had more style...

= =
Old November 15th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

If that's the case:
I'd like to nominate the following:
Asmodeus - uses deathrattle viper from D&D, it's about $0.50 for a hero from fiction that we all love and fear equally - "look into my eyes and I will show you eternity..."
Spoiler Alert!

Blood Raptor -a fair substitution for Swogs and a good unit on their own, uses bloodseeker drake from D&D, also about $0.50
Spoiler Alert!

Gordyrr - Golden Dragon hatchling for Jandar, but not the cheapest figure, about $10.00
Spoiler Alert!

Swarm Gruts - A NEW ORC SQUAD, and all you need is BLADE GRUTS!
Spoiler Alert!

Einar's Centurions, their playability is an enigma to me at the moment, but it sounds like fun, just sub in a squad of Romans!
Spoiler Alert!

5 Easy, cheap custom units that all fit perfectly in HS! Some may use D&D figures, but they are FAR from D&D units.

Old November 15th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Cards?
Old November 15th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Go for it, Krysto. Nominate one or more of 'em, similar to the way the others were nominated.

= =
Old November 15th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Fully Baked

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Cards?
Put them in while you were posting, almost forgot .

Old November 15th, 2010, 10:00 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla-TAKING NOMINATIONS!

Here are my decisions for the five Krysto Customs nominated:

Asmodeus - 50 points for a combo of Me-Burq-Sa and Sujoah - Sorry this is too powerful for 50 points -- My vote is No

Blood Raptor - I like these guys, but again they under-costed. If an opponent figure has a few wounds, you could conceivably have 3 attacks of 6 for 90 points. Sorry that is too powerful - My vote is No

Einars Centurions - First of I'm not sure who would spend 150 points for a Unique squad. Secondly they are a combo of legionaries, Sentinels and Minions who bond, Again too powerful -- My vote is No

Swarm Gruts - Swarm Tactics is just confusing - My vote is No

Gordyrr - Doesn't look that bad...but it is under-costed for a dragon that can attack up to three figures and has ranged counterstrike like the Oni, if he was 200-220 points maybe but at 145, sorry again my vote is No.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs