Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old October 15th, 2010, 12:58 AM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!
Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax Rock!!!

I went to see Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax on October 10, 2010, and let me say that for a metal fan, it was one heck of a show! Anthrax started off with Caught in a Mosh, played Indians, Madhouse, Anti-social and others. I'll admit I've not listened to Anthrax much before then, but after the show I am determined to get some of their albums. Joey Belladonna was back singing for them too!

Next was Megadeth, who played Rust in Peace in its entirety in addition to Peace Sells(the song) and Wake Up Dead. They also played a couple new songs I'm unfamiliar with. Say what you will about Dave Mustaine as a person, but as a metal musician he puts on a great show! I definitely have a new respect for Megadeth. Rust in Peace rocks out live!

Finally it was Slayer! They started off with World Painted Blood(song) then played Seasons in the Abyss in its entirety! WHOOO!!!!!!!! I remember this guy in the audience saying "I wish they'd play something I know" during Spirit in Black while I was banging my head and screaming along! I should have started a pit right there with that guy!
They also played Raining Blood, Aggressive Perfector, and South of Heaven. It was a great show!
They also had cool light effects when they Kerry King and Hanneman solo'd, with the lights turning red and blue respectively. During King's solo particularly you could clearly see his tribal tattoo on his right arm.
In addition during the verses and chorus, halfway through the set they started projecting crosses that spun and would ultimately invert. No wonder people accuse Slayer of Satanism!

Overall, young metal fans, if you can catch this tour, do it!!!!!
Older metal fans: I would love to hear stories about bands you've seen, if you can still remember.

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.
Old October 15th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax Rock!!!

I once saw Danzig, Suicidal Tendencies and Metallica. Great show.

I also saw Testament, Motorhead, Heaven 'n Hell, and Judas Priest. Best show ever.

Old October 15th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Ahhh, the good stuff (chew slowly). Megadeth puts on a great show, and Danzig did as well, at least until his usually melodic voice hit rock bottom.

I saw Opeth a couple of years ago (in Kansas, of all places), and there were only about 100 people at the show. They played their mellower, Damnation stuff (a highly recommended album) for the first half, then opened up with their heavier side for the second half...when the Pit Trolls came out in force. Speaking of Pit Trolls, it is rather amusing to observe the pit etiquette; a big Troll comes out, crashing into everyone. Then, a bigger Troll enters the fray, and the first guy bows in homage and defeat. Its a real law of the jungle out there.
Old October 15th, 2010, 03:50 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker

SLAAAYYYEER!!!
That must have been the Clash of the Titans tour. I saw that exact show in '90 or '91 in Cedar Rapids, Ia except a previously unheard of band called Alice in Chains was opening.
Aahhh, memories.
I would love to go see that again.

Edit: I still have my t-shirt

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!
Old October 15th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I caught the Scorpions and Tesla (with some weird off-genre band opening for them) back in . . . must have been '04.

I was working security at the time so I couldn't get into it too much, but that was a damned good show.
I also got to do Metallica and Godsmack when they came to town, unfortunately I was on the floor so I had to have my back to the stage.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old October 15th, 2010, 06:44 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The 2010 Sonisphere concert with Slayer, Megadeth, Metallica and Anthrax should be out on DVD soon. Sure, a DVD's not the same as being there, but I caught this one at the movie theater, and it freakin' ruled! (plus, it's nice to not have to sit through sound checks between sets)

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General