Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 28th, 2009, 01:35 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun
Utah NHSD--October 10, 2009 info

Utah's National HeroScape Day 2009 is tomorrow!

Saturday, October 10, 2009 – 10:30am-5:00pm

Where: Bingham Creek County Library–Meeting Room (50 cap)
- 4834 West 9000 South, West Jordan NW corner (turn right at the front desk, down the hall)
Directions: At 9000 South, go west to 4800 West from Bangerter Highway or I-15.
Time: 10am-11am–setup
- 10:30-11:30–check-in
- 11:30-4:50–five 50-minute Swiss-style rounds, 15-minute breaks
- Rankings–before 5pm
- 4:45-5:45–clean-up everything & get-out
Who: Maxed out--41 ‘Scapers in two age brackets (8-17 and adult)–kids decide which bracket
- Three Staff, other gamers.
Maps: six variations (3 each–see below)
Glyphs: TBA.
Scoring: Whole-card scoring.
Final rankings: W/L, then Strength of Schedule (opponents' Win totals), then Losing points.
Army: 520 points, 24 hexes max, no Marvel or customs.
- figure/equipment loans made on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Food: ONLY WATER in screw-top containers allowed; eat outside or before you come.

[ Third largest national event? Tree Town Open was 61, Hexes in Texas had 54... ]

2009 Rankings (adult)

2009 Rankings (youth)

RSVPs: (40 ) Organizers: [3]
Salt Lake & north (21 )[1]
UtahScott [1]
The B.I.V.
wjscaper
ortimus
beisaic (+2)
twigleg2 (+1)
the Epics (+1)
ScottManDeath (+1)
wjscaper's neighbors (+3)
UtahScott's neighbors (+4)

Utah County (14) [1]
Blords (+2)
KingKorman (+5) [1]
Onslaught (+4)

Out of State (5)
Tiranx (+4)

Other Gamers [1]
EPIC staff

Please RSVP ASAP with you and your guests.

Needs: I need set-up volunteers to finalize map details, setup player packets, etc. We'll need a few extra tables, but I think Steve & I can take care of that. Take-down volunteers will board & stack maps, bin terrain extras & put away chairs & tables.

Library info:
The library has chairs & tables, but *only* water in enclosed containers is allowed, no food or other drink. It is an open meeting space, so walk-ins are expected. I'll have some "gateway" boardgames (including HeroScape demos) to introduce them to modern boardgaming. The set time is from the library, as there's only one hour to clean & pack up *everything* (by 5:45).

2009 (41 'Scapers; 46 gamers total)
BoV--Hot Heights (lava)
BoV--Sidewinder (tundra)
BoV--Badru Valley (road/forest)
BoV--Can't See the Jungle (fragmented start zones)
BoV--Embattled Fen (swamp road)
Invasion (jungle road)

Again, I need RSVPs with a headcount, a couple extra Mastersets/terrain (thanks The B.I.V.!), and volunteers for setup, to stay late for cleanup, and a few others who can run a couple non-Scape boardgames. I'll be running the tourney, so I won't be playing.

Thanks for your time,
--"UtahScott" Neves

2006 ( 8 )
Nerak's Passage
Ancient Lookout
Searing Pass–official
Wolf Swamp Road–official

2007 (17 +1)
BoV--Ember Canyon Road
BoV--Highways & Dieways
BoV--Broken Skyline
Hot Bog
the Frozen Stair
Klomar's Training Ground–Location 6

2008 (22)
BoV–Fire Isles
BoV–Road Rampage
BoV–Ticalla Sunrise
Hide & Seek

2009 (
41 'Scapers; 46 gamers total)
(x3) BoV--Hot Heights (lava)
(x4) BoV--Sidewinder (tundra)
(x3) BoV--Badru Valley (road/forest)
(x3) BoV--Can't See the Jungle (fragmented start zones)
(x5) BoV--Embattled Fen (swamp road)
(x3) (later BoV) Invasion (jungle road)

Last edited by UtahScott; October 2nd, 2012 at 11:52 AM. Reason: added event rankings
Old August 28th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Utah NHSD--October 10, 2009 info

I'm in and I have several of each master set if extras are needed!

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old September 10th, 2009, 11:43 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Reposted everything after the server eeeped.

Old September 16th, 2009, 02:47 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Tiranx + 4 are in. Between all of us we have a lot of terrain. Let us know what you need and we will bring it. We have all the master sets in doubles and some in triples and all the terrain expansions minuse the Hot Lava Death.

Tyrel
Old September 29th, 2009, 04:01 PM

Tyrel,

(I think I already told you?)--but we should have all the maps taken care of down here.

Brandon,

I need you to put together two maps (stack 'em & add the final details--like trees--when you get to the library):

Hot Heights
Can't see the Jungle
(both are RotV builds)

I haven't gotten to glyphs yet, I'm open to suggestions.
Old October 3rd, 2009, 11:06 PM

I'm pleased to report, after getting hold of two final families, that we're maxed out at 36 players--a 50% increase over last year!
Old October 8th, 2009, 01:55 AM

ScottManDeath knows what's in an order marker ScottManDeath knows what's in an order marker

Do we play with one army for the whole day, or can we register multiple armies, and then choose one before each game, depending on the map?
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:44 AM

One army for all five rounds (less hassle for players).
Old October 9th, 2009, 02:51 AM

ScottManDeath knows what's in an order marker ScottManDeath knows what's in an order marker

OK,cool =)

See ya Saturday!
Old October 12th, 2009, 06:40 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I posted another ridiculously long battle report on our NHSD tournament. If anyone notices any mistakes on names, army builds, or all around grammar let me know.

I would also love to see some other battle reports from everyone else at the event. Thanks for being so awesome guys, that was one heck of a tournament!

-Tiranx
Old October 14th, 2009, 10:21 AM

ortimus has disabled reputation

Scott, thank you for heading up a very well-planned tournament. I had a lot of fun.

Wise Man Say, "Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late Pizza!"
Old October 15th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Thumbs up Re: Utah NHSD--October 10, 2009 info

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortimus View Post
Scott, thank you for heading up a very well-planned tournament. I had a lot of fun.
Here, here! My first-ever tournament and it was a blast! All hail UtahScott! Especially for sacrificing his own spot in the tournament! You are a true saint, my friend!

Nice recap, Tiranx! I posted mine, too, and since we were both on completely different tracks, both together should give a fairly good picture of the entire tournament.

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day