Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old July 26th, 2008, 09:38 PM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart
Re: NHSD '08 Preliminary

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee View Post
Sadly Seattle's NHSD event will have to go on without Elstree and me. I know that JanderSunstar will make sure their event goes well!

Now, I'll have to make sure the NC crowd knows that we'll be playing on that day. We'll have none of that event falling through like what happened to them last year.
Wake's on the road that day. So I've got not football game to attend. Hey, if I can get it on TV while I play Heroscape all day, all the better! =D

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival
Old August 6th, 2008, 06:08 PM

Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby!

I'll be hosting a NHSD Tournament in Louisville. Details coming soon. All are welcome!
Old August 9th, 2008, 08:32 AM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The fourth annual " TREE TOWN OPEN " is now posted in the event section and on the calander. Hope to see many of you in Tree Town on October 18th!

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old August 18th, 2008, 07:37 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I know many of you DFW old-timers (as I've taken to calling you) haven't been to the NRH library yet where I've hosted two events. The community room there is bigger than any we've had, has more than enough of chairs and tables for 50+, and it's totally free. The downside for many of you is that it's across town. Anywho, it's a great venue and I'd love to have our NHSD there.
Old August 18th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Will army totals be 500 points again, like last year? Or is the new standard going to be 520 points?

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 19th, 2008, 03:34 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

520 is not a new standard, we really don’t have a standard.

When that point total was decided on for Gencon '08 champ event, it was before the release of wave 8 and new large Heroes. We thought there would be no new product by GenCon so we wanted to shake up the builds.

I started a Dallas NHSD thread for the Dallas specific details if we want to pick up some discussion there.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 19th, 2008, 04:00 PM

hex706f726368 has disabled reputation

So...are we posting the actual event thread in this forum? Or just making threads for each area for the discussions around organizing our events?

Huge thank you to these sponsors of the 2008 Arizona National Heroscape Day
Cavalier Games - House Mouse Games - War Gamers Headquarters - Vixen Tor Games - Wizards of the Coast
Old August 19th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Threads for each local event should be made in this subforum.

All of us in AZ are waiting for you to post ours, Hex.
Old August 19th, 2008, 04:09 PM

hex706f726368 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
All of us in AZ are waiting for you to post ours, Hex.
Including me. Posted!

Huge thank you to these sponsors of the 2008 Arizona National Heroscape Day
Cavalier Games - House Mouse Games - War Gamers Headquarters - Vixen Tor Games - Wizards of the Coast
Old August 19th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean View Post
We have a policy here in Arkansas that anyone who want to put $1000 onto the prize table gets to pick the army point size.
Old August 19th, 2008, 04:18 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Would it be possible to agree on a National standard for army sizes for NHSD this year? That would do a lot to encourage discussion, I think, as well as unify the structures.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean View Post
We have a policy here in Arkansas that anyone who want to put $1000 onto the prize table gets to pick the army point size.
Time to get out the bifocals, Rev. All those little green cards you have aren't hundred-dollar bills.
Old August 19th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
Time to get out the bifocals, Rev. All those little green cards you have aren't hundred-dollar bills.
Alas, my spectacles are now tri-focals. And I don't have the cash...we're waiting for Thurston Howell III to join the group.

This would actually be a legitimate topic for a poll, listing increments from about 450 to 550, I'd think in ten point steps (or even five points ones).

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day