Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old August 20th, 2009, 10:07 PM

KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker
Saying Goodbye

Well guys/gals, its time for me to part. The wife and I have decided its time for me to leave some of my old hobbies to make room for new ones.

I want to keep this short and sweet and just acknowledge a couple of great folks that have become lifelong friends because of this site.

Homba: (who wont ever see this lol) still great friends to this day

Who Dat: One of my very best friends even now

Mecha Frog and the Mecha Crew: There will never be enough thanks for the kindness you guys showed a complete stranger

Rev Dyer: One of the greatest honors I ever had was visiting your crew in Arkansas and playing for a day

The entire OVAH Crew: Thanks so much for not only letting a deep southern boy join your group, but for making him welcome and feel at home.

And for the entire community: thanks so much to Truth and all the admins for having a great place to hangout and meet new friends. You've always gone above and beyond anything that could be asked of a group of people with a hobby designed for 8 year olds:

I'll miss you all and wish you success and great scaping in the future.

Sincerely

KA1976 (Jimmie)

PS. Onacara: Its been me randomly neg repping you since the rep system came into place. No particular reason.. just had to keep the balance lol.

Mississippi boy in Ohio valley group.. Hell why not!
Ohio Valley Assoication of Heroscapers

Old August 20th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Saying Goodbye

That's a shame. Leaving Heroscape doesn't mean you have to leave the community, though, unless exactly that is what you're planning on doing. You can pop in every once in a while.

Either way, goodbye.
Old August 20th, 2009, 10:28 PM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

You selling anything?

Okay serious sorry to see another member leave our ranks, that's about three this week, very sad. You will be missed, good luck, happy trails, and may the dice always roll well for you.
Old August 20th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Our deep south member is leaving us? What is OVAH gonna do with out you?

Hate to see you go man...there goes my easy win on NHSD
Old August 20th, 2009, 10:46 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur1976 View Post
PS. Onacara: Its been me randomly neg repping you since the rep system came into place. No particular reason.. just had to keep the balance lol.
Old August 20th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Did you really used get randomly neg-repped by "somebody?"
Old August 20th, 2009, 11:40 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Are you saying he is lying?
Old August 20th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Hey, its the internet.

But no, I'm not saying he is lying. Just wondering what you thought about getting randomly neg repped, if you ever had suspicions about who is doing it or something. I would laugh if somebody was just going around neg repping me at random.
Old August 20th, 2009, 11:48 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Hey, its the internet.

But no, I'm not saying he is lying. Just wondering what you thought about getting randomly neg repped, if you ever had suspicions about who is doing it or something. I would laugh if somebody was just going around neg repping me at random.
I get alot of neg rep so its hard to tell what is random or not..although some of it was a bit odd.
Old August 21st, 2009, 09:15 AM
Disinfretinated

mecha frog knows what's in an order marker mecha frog knows what's in an order marker

This isn’t about me not sending you a GenCon exclusive this year is it? Seriously, though, we’re going to miss you.

Folks, we are losing a guy who in my opinion is what Heroscapers is all about. I started playing the game in 05 and joined the site late 06. Mostly I’ve been a lurker (note my .28 posts per day) but I always enjoyed reading about the various goings on.

I’ve been lucky enough to pick up Gen Con promo figures since Hawthorne and at least one of each of these has made its way to Jimmie. I think after that first trade with Jimmie, I really started to feel like part of the community.

Since post count is so prominently displayed, it is easy to think that that number (or rep bars even) is the measure of the value you get from Heroscapers. Sure it is fun to see those numbers go up, but I think the true value is the opportunity we’ve all had to make new friends. I was on the fence last year about going to the Louisville NHSD, but as soon as I heard Jimmie was going, I knew I had to show, too. That of course led to meeting even more great guys.

Jimmie is a true Heroscaper. Yeah, we’re going to miss you around here. Here’s to bigger and better hobbies!

Cheers,
mecha frog

(So..., if you need any place to store your Wave 4 stuff, just let me know)
Old August 21st, 2009, 05:34 PM

KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecha frog View Post
This isn’t about me not sending you a GenCon exclusive this year is it? Seriously, though, we’re going to miss you.

Folks, we are losing a guy who in my opinion is what Heroscapers is all about. I started playing the game in 05 and joined the site late 06. Mostly I’ve been a lurker (note my .28 posts per day) but I always enjoyed reading about the various goings on.

I’ve been lucky enough to pick up Gen Con promo figures since Hawthorne and at least one of each of these has made its way to Jimmie. I think after that first trade with Jimmie, I really started to feel like part of the community.

Since post count is so prominently displayed, it is easy to think that that number (or rep bars even) is the measure of the value you get from Heroscapers. Sure it is fun to see those numbers go up, but I think the true value is the opportunity we’ve all had to make new friends. I was on the fence last year about going to the Louisville NHSD, but as soon as I heard Jimmie was going, I knew I had to show, too. That of course led to meeting even more great guys.

Jimmie is a true Heroscaper. Yeah, we’re going to miss you around here. Here’s to bigger and better hobbies!

Cheers,
mecha frog

(So..., if you need any place to store your Wave 4 stuff, just let me know)
It IS about you not sending me an exclusive!!! J'k. Its truly about me having way to many hobbies and not enough time to enjoy them all.

I did post a notification in the trade thread about selling the collection, but if I end up parting it out, the Mecha clan is high on the list for early xmas gifts.

And thanks for the kind words as well. They were highly untrue and over inflated, but I'll take it anyway I can get it lol.

Oh and one of the new hobbies:

Mississippi boy in Ohio valley group.. Hell why not!
Ohio Valley Assoication of Heroscapers

Old August 21st, 2009, 05:43 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't suppose you would be able to stick around the boards? I mean, if I got rid of HS, I would most certainly stay here and chillax with my buddies.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online