Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old June 16th, 2009, 11:44 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Gamers Exchange Club--Details Inside-Mailed out 4/10/09

This sounds kind of cool.
Old June 18th, 2009, 04:07 PM

KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker

Hey guys, Is this still going around? I received a copy of Suicide Bombers today from an Individual in MO, and for the life of me I cant figure why!

I've combed my BGG trades and pm's, and this is the last place I can think of for any reason for somebody to send me a random game I never heard of.

Was a little apprehensive to open a strange package and see the words "suicide Bomber" on the package on the inside lemme tell ya! Lol

If somebody here can shed some light on this that would be great.

Thanks!

Mississippi boy in Ohio valley group.. Hell why not!
Ohio Valley Assoication of Heroscapers

Old June 18th, 2009, 04:10 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur1976 View Post
Hey guys, Is this still going around? I received a copy of Suicide Bombers today from an Individual in MO, and for the life of me I cant figure why!

I've combed my BGG trades and pm's, and this is the last place I can think of for any reason for somebody to send me a random game I never heard of.

Was a little apprehensive to open a strange package and see the words "suicide Bomber" on the package on the inside lemme tell ya! Lol

Thanks!
It was sent to you from Paradox as part of this...
Old June 25th, 2009, 10:13 AM

zombieknight is surprisingly tart

Hey guys:
I received Living Labyrinth recently from ewabbie, and have a few games in now, so thought I had enough to post a review.

Living Labyrinth

First off - it's an attractive game right out of the box, good quality parts and a nice design. Kind of reminded me of a lot of the Fantasy Flight games for quality. I like chunky pieces in games. My only complaint would be the player markers, personally I would have liked something a little easier to pick up, but it is a minor complaint, very minor.

The game play, as ewabbie had mentioned, consists of setting up 25 tiles in a 5 X 5 grid. You start on one side of the grid, and your goal tile is on the other side. Using the Action cards, you can flip, rotate and switch tiles to create a path to your goal tile, and also prevent your opponent from doing the same. The are "Nope" cards which negate an action a player just made, and they can put a damper on your plans.

I played this mostly with my wife, and a couple of times with some guys I regularly game with to get their opinion. My kids are 3 and 1, so it's a little early for that kind of game for them (although my 3-year-old will play a limited version of HeroScape, which he calls "the man game" - as in "that's my man, and this is your man..." but I digress...).

It is an enjoyable game - more so with more than 2 players. With 2 players I found it was over too quickly, but with 3 or 4 it was a little more cutthroat and more could happen to mess up your plans to get to the other side. It's a game I will enjoy playing with my kids as they get a little older, but for a game night with other adults I found it a little wanting. I think if there were more tiles it would have held my interest longer. It is a good game, very well suited for younger children teenagers, but lacks the 'meat' for me personally to get a lot of game play with my regular gaming group.

Having said that - I'd give it a solid 7.5 out of 10 as a game design and for components. I think it will do well for the intended audience, and it certainly would be a welcome addition to my game collection for play with my boys.

BTW - I think this exchange club is a great idea - it certainly works when trying out new games.
Old June 25th, 2009, 08:00 PM

KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:

Thanks!

It was sent to you from Paradox as part of this...
Ok great! Now I know where it came from. Unfortunately I don't have time to play or review the game and I had respectfully been asked to be removed from the gamer's club both by post and email a few months back.

I realize you had a lot of personal things to deal with Onacara so no problem here, if you could just send me the next person on the list I would be more than happy to forward the game on.

Sorry guys but just had a lot of life changes and don't have much time for gaming right now but thanks for keeping me in the loop !

Old June 29th, 2009, 11:59 PM

Ok guys, I thought posting here may have gotten some type of response or action but unfortunately that wasn't the case. I will pm Onacara as well, but if any of you see this please DO NOT SEND me any more games.

I received another random game today, and really don't want to be paying postage on games when I don't have time to play.

I would however like to get these games to either their rightful owners, or to the next people in the club.

Old June 30th, 2009, 10:04 AM

zombieknight is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Ok guys, I thought posting here may have gotten some type of response or action but unfortunately that wasn't the case. I will pm Onacara as well, but if any of you see this please DO NOT SEND me any more games.

I received another random game today, and really don't want to be paying postage on games when I don't have time to play.

I would however like to get these games to either their rightful owners, or to the next people in the club.
Hey there - no problem - if I see your name on a list, I will ensure it goes to someone else. Thanks!
Old June 30th, 2009, 12:19 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I'm just wondering what's all going on with the games. Do we know who has them? I have gotten any yet, not even the one Onacara was going to give to me, so I'm a little confused.

(Onacara, I don't mind if you're taking a while to send that game, I'm just wondering what's going on!)
Old June 30th, 2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieknight View Post
Quote:

Hey there - no problem - if I see your name on a list, I will ensure it goes to someone else. Thanks!
Thanks Zombie I hate if I came off a little rude, its just kinda frustrating when other folks who want to participate in this don't have games, and I clearly asked to stop receiving them and they keep showing up

Hopefully we can get you guys back on the right track tho. Thanks!

Old June 30th, 2009, 05:43 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I made a mistake and removed someone elses info from the rotation instead of yours....sorry.
Old July 1st, 2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
I made a mistake and removed someone elses info from the rotation instead of yours....sorry.
No problem! Thanks for getting back with me.

Old September 15th, 2009, 06:43 AM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker

I assume the Game Exchange is pretty much dead?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games