Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 29th, 2007, 10:55 AM

The Waffle Man has disabled reputation
What Marr Really Is

I have a pet theory about Marr:

It is my considered opinion that Marr is really... EARTH! Of the FUTURE!

And the Marro are what Homo Sapiens will look like after a million years of evolution.

I mean, seriously, what are the odds of another planet evolving a life-form that looks EXACTLY like an earth Gorilla?

Clearly, while the common Gorilla was evolving the ability to talk and reason, we were evolving the ability to have no skin.

Of course, by this logic, Grut is really Earth of the distant past, but that one's a bit harder to justify, what with the fact that Archaeologists would probably have noticed any dinosaurs that were buried with iron tools.

Maybe the Orcs were confined to what is now Antarctica and we just haven't found them.

When I get on this train of thought, I often wonder if ALL the planets are just Earth at different times, but I can't even begin to justify it with Icaria and Feylund.

It is, however, fun to imagine that Alpha Prime is earth even farther (Further?) into the future then Marr, and that the poor, beleaguered Mariedians mentioned in the more recent Soulborg bios are really the last remnants of the Marro. It makes Alpha Prime a little less cliché.

... I hope this topic wasn't completely stupid.
Old August 29th, 2007, 11:04 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Not stupid at all. I like the whole Marr/Earth theory you presented. If nothing else it's a good story
Old August 29th, 2007, 11:05 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Finally, really did it! YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP!!
Old August 29th, 2007, 11:09 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
You blew it, and our skins up and away!

Really, good theory.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old August 29th, 2007, 11:37 AM

Vlad the Impaler has disabled reputation
icaria and feylund are obviously the hyborean age.

alot of people say life is like a card game. well, I have news for them: in the card games, the bad hand does not yell back at you.
Old August 29th, 2007, 11:51 AM

hobbesthebrainslug has disabled reputation
that's a pretty good theory, it sort of gives us a connection to the villian so they're not just some faceless force.

Grut name: Erjunak
Marro name: Na-Dav-Kak
Old August 29th, 2007, 11:55 AM

XM06 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I like your Marr is Earth-future theory too. I don't see the Marro bothering to make robots though, which would be needed to create the Alpha Prime connection (IIRC the bios state the the soulborgs were created by the Mariedians). Which is too bad, because I like that theory too.

The "Marro are future humans" concept introduces a new aspect to the official plotline's threat of Utgar invading Earth.
Old August 29th, 2007, 11:56 AM

hobbesthebrainslug has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by XM06
I like your Marr is Earth-future theory too. I don't see the Marro bothering to make robots though, which would be needed to create the Alpha Prime connection (IIRC the bios state the the soulborgs were created by the Mariedians). Which is too bad, because I like that theory too.

The "Marro are future humans" concept introduces a new aspect to the official plotline's threat of Utgar invading Earth.
perhaps alpha prime is future mars?

Grut name: Erjunak
Marro name: Na-Dav-Kak
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:11 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Or maybe, maybe they're all their own planets!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:12 PM

Tholarthemag has disabled reputation
I think the name "Soul Borgs" says it all. They aren't machines they're vehicles for a living being within. That's why there are no tanks or jets or the like in any of the sets. They aren't alive. Well neither are the zombies or vamps, but you get the picture

Braxas can be killed by peanut butter.
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:21 PM

Minnion has disabled reputation
Quote:

Maybe the Meridians were the decedents of the Primordidons(Gorrilinators)?

"We are all mad here" ~Cheshire Cat

It is the domain of a geek to seek out meaning in that which seems trivial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWOd...elated&search=
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:38 PM

Tholarthemag has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnion
Quote:

Maybe the Meridians were the decedents of the Primordidons(Gorrilinators)?
Yeah, and the leader was named Anna Meridian. Okay, that was bad. Sorry.

Braxas can be killed by peanut butter.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion