Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old March 27th, 2024, 08:31 AM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Fan Fic Contest - Are you the best writer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGRF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Bro I'm still in the ideas phase. But once all is figured out, it ought to be a pretty quick write-up I'm sure. But we'll see.

~TAF
PFFFF, planning. Just write!

Jk, I'm cheating a little bit like TGRF using an existing world build
It's only cheating if you use something you've previously written. Using a previously established world or character is a perfectly acceptable loophole.

~TGRF.
Yeah, that's how I figured it too. I like writing in this world, cheating off myself seems an awful lot like cheating myself out of an opportunity to write more!

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old March 30th, 2024, 02:53 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I have actually started writing! There's still more work to be done, but I won't be weaseling my way out of this competition with an actual idea and plot to work with. I just hope it fits the prompt in the way you're wanting.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 2nd, 2024, 01:52 PM

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I have actually started writing! There's still more work to be done, but I won't be weaseling my way out of this competition with an actual idea and plot to work with. I just hope it fits the prompt in the way you're wanting.

~TAF
Good ja! I just finished writing mine. It is actually almost 10k words. I may sit on it for a bit. Probably make some edits and adjustments here and there, but I don't have a ton of time to work on it now. Overheard some of the manager's talking. Apparently, the company I'm with is 4 months behind on its bills and they don't really see a way out. Sooooo, I need to find a new ja. hahaha, *tears*

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old April 3rd, 2024, 09:25 PM

Hi guys. Not sure if this is "legal" but I'd like to post a link to the story rather than copy/pasta it here. Simple reason for it. The thing is actually 9,915 words long and makes liberal use of italics, and I really REALLY don't feel like going through and reformatting the bloody thing to fit heroscapers' text engine.

Also, there is one more scene I'd like to write into it, but it'll put it over the word limit by a couple hundred words probably. If I can get a "dispensation" to add it, I will. That said, it's more for comedic relief than actually necessary to the story. Lmk.

Old April 4th, 2024, 05:02 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Also, there is one more scene I'd like to write into it, but it'll put it over the word limit by a couple hundred words probably. If I can get a "dispensation" to add it, I will. That said, it's more for comedic relief than actually necessary to the story. Lmk.
Use your best judgement. If you think it will make the story better, I'll allow it. I'll bump the word limit to 11000, which should cover a couple hundred words just fine.

~TGRF.
Old April 4th, 2024, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGRF View Post
Quote:
Use your best judgement. If you think it will make the story better, I'll allow it. I'll bump the word limit to 11000, which should cover a couple hundred words just fine.

~TGRF.
I went to write it and realized it doesn't really work with the story's tempo or writing conditions. Ah well. It's good as is. Just waiting on TAF then or is someone else working on one too?

Hopefully, an increase in scapers coming with Age of Annhilation will liven up the place and get some fresh blood in here.

Old April 8th, 2024, 03:37 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I apologize for falling behind. My trajectory for finishing my entry was messed up by a sudden influx of work. But I should have it finished sometime this week, ideally

~TAF

Old April 9th, 2024, 12:42 PM

Quote:
I apologize for falling behind. My trajectory for finishing my entry was messed up by a sudden influx of work. But I should have it finished sometime this week, ideally

~TAF
You're not behind. I had a week head start on you.

Old April 9th, 2024, 02:13 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am hoping to get something written for this since a convenient opportunity presented itself (it will not be 10k words). When is the deadline for the contest?
Old April 9th, 2024, 03:13 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy266 View Post
I am hoping to get something written for this since a convenient opportunity presented itself (it will not be 10k words). When is the deadline for the contest?
No deadline. We've had trouble with dropping attendance, and have taken to simply judging when we have no more incoming entries (and have something to judge). Feel free to throw your hat in the ring!

~TGRF.
Old April 11th, 2024, 02:18 PM

I've finished my entry and just need to edit it (shave off a hundred words too), but then it ought to be ready. So expect it soon!

~TAF

Old April 11th, 2024, 07:47 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction