Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old November 22nd, 2022, 01:50 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
SF Bay Area Casual HeroScape Day

Date: Saturday January 14th, 2023
Proposed Time: 10am til no later than 9:30pm
Proposed Venue: Game Kastle, Redwood City - 340 Walnut Street
What: All day Heroscape

Please bring at least one pre-built map or the terrain to build it on-site.

I am leaving this open to allow GK vistors to join in and learn the game if need be. I am happy to teach.

Attendees:
cmgames
Killometer (+1 or +2)
dnutt99 (+3)
Porkins

Non-Attendees:
Hex_Enduction_Hour will unfortunately be out of town at this time.
<everybody else who never responded>

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; November 28th, 2022 at 06:19 PM.
Old November 24th, 2022, 11:35 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Casual HeroScape Day - SF Bay Area

Awesome! Thanks for putting this together, @cmgames . I'll put it on my calendar and start thinking about a map or two to bring. Should we have a 3p map in the pool, in case we have an odd number of people or some people just want to play a 3p game?

You might swap the title to "SF Bay Area Casual HeroScape Day" so the SF Bay part is what shows up on the forums homepage. Might catch an extra eye that way.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Last edited by Killometer; November 24th, 2022 at 11:53 AM.
Old November 28th, 2022, 12:52 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

How do you edit the title of the thread? I can't find the right place for that.

Never mind - found it.

~Z

My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; November 28th, 2022 at 06:21 PM.
Old November 28th, 2022, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Should we have a 3p map in the pool, in case we have an odd number of people or some people just want to play a 3p game?
I will bring (or build) "The Cirdan Garden". If you bring or build another, then the 3p players can choose between two maps.

~Z

My map thread
Old November 29th, 2022, 11:04 AM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Should we have a 3p map in the pool, in case we have an odd number of people or some people just want to play a 3p game?
I will bring (or build) "The Cirdan Garden". If you bring or build another, then the 3p players can choose between two maps.

~Z

I can do that.

Old November 30th, 2022, 07:57 AM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Re: SF Bay Area Casual HeroScape Day

Yo-yo yo. The 14th looks like a go for us right now. We will see what happens as we approach the date for my older boys, but my little guy will definitely be in attendance. I can bring one map or two if needed. I have been out of the game day loop for some time now, what is the typical army size (point-wise)?

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old November 30th, 2022, 01:47 PM

For the tournaments, we usually used 500 points. But, I suppose for casual play you can use whatever you want. Use 1000 points if you want long drawn out battles.

I plan to build my armies on-the-fly day-of. I have a number of 450-point pre-builds that I use when hosting an event where I am teaching the game. I teach, then let them grab a pre-built army to get right into play. These pre-builds could be used as the core of an expanded army by adding more units up to the new point-limit.

I have multiples of many heroes and most squads if folks need to borrow. I even have a bunch of the SoV and C3V units (but not nearly all).

~Z

My map thread
Old December 29th, 2022, 08:57 PM

Who all has collected/created/painted/based/etc. any of the C3V or SoV units over the last 12 years? I would be interested in seeing some of them show up.

What I've got:

53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters (x3)
8th Infantry Pathfinder (x2)
Amberhive Protectors (x6)
Arktos (x1)
Augamo (x1)
Banshees of Durgeth Swamp (x3)
Bloodburst Thrall (x3)
Capt. John Varan (x1)
Command Courier (x1)
Deathcommander Mark 3 (x1)
Deathstrike Thrall (x3)
Elaria the Pale (x1)
Emperor Andask (x1)
Haduc (x1)
Hoplitron (x2)
Kira Jax (x1)
Kursus (x1)
Locksley (x1)
M-43 Resistance Fighters (x3)
Major J15 (maybe?)
Marro Gnids (x4)
Mok (x1)
Nicholas Esenwein (x1)
Omegacron (x1)
Preyblood Thrall (x3)
Priscus (x1)
Quahon (x1)
Racheim (x1)
Ranjit Singh (x1)
Rygarn (x1)
Skeletons of Annellintia (x?)
Skull Demon (x1)
Tyrian the Kyrie Warrior (x1)
Ulfrid Hornwrangler (x1)
Van Nessing (x1)
Varkaanan Blade Dancers (x?)
Varkaanan Darkclaws (x1)
Varkaanan Greyspears (x1)
Varkaanan Quickblades (x1)
Varkaanan Swiftfangs (x1)
Vulcanmech Incendiborgs (x1)
Wildwood Runner (x4)
Zaeus (x1)
Zettian Infantry (x2)
Zogross Hardscale (x1)
Zombie Hulk (x2)

~Z

My map thread
Old January 1st, 2023, 08:10 PM

Sorry fellas, I had something come up this weekend and we won't be able to make it. Hopefully we'll catch you all next time.

Old January 3rd, 2023, 01:53 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I've got a handful of C3V stuff. I was planning to bring my HoSS stuff too...

That said, I may not be able to make it. My wedding anniversary is the 17th, and we've been talking about maybe taking a whole long weekend and going somewhere, but haven't figured out anything definite. So if we don't go somewhere for the weekend, I will be there.
Old January 10th, 2023, 01:14 AM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation

Hey guys, happy new year. I was hopping on here to see what the progress was for this Saturday and ask which maps I should build. I see a couple of attendees have conflicting engagements this upcoming weekend. Should we reschedule for another day? Sometime very soon? It would be great to have as large a group as possible.

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old January 10th, 2023, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99 View Post
Hey guys, happy new year. I was hopping on here to see what the progress was for this Saturday and ask which maps I should build. I see a couple of attendees have conflicting engagements this upcoming weekend. Should we reschedule for another day? Sometime very soon? It would be great to have as large a group as possible.
I had to reserve the space at least a month ahead of time. So re-scheduling might push it off until I can get the tables reserved again. I am OK with re-scheduling, but maybe Killo's conflict will resolve and he actually WILL be able to make it. Just to be fanatically optimistic.

~Z

My map thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events