Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Old November 7th, 2010, 10:06 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Good Pig's D&D Custom Heroes - 20 so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
(Usage quibble: you want "affected", not "effected", in the explosive bolt power. They mean different things.)

I like it! The Axegrinders get a bonding ranged special attacker - that's big, metagame-wise. If anything, it's a hair too powerful - precision shot probably isn't necessary for that figure to see a lot of play.
Thanks for the feedback.

I updated text on Explosive Bolt. I also took out his Precision Shot as a special attack and made an ability he can use along with his regular attack. Gave him a name too, Rhom Coppershot.

I agree him bonding with the dwarves would be a nasty combo, but I'm not sure if it would be as powerful as Nilfheim with Greenscales. I made Rhom pretty weak defense/life and slow to fit with the other sniper heroes. Also, his Explosive Bolt special only has a 40% chance at a cluster attack if it places a wound. I thought this was the best way to make the special attack work thematically, but not be overpowered. I may need to up his points a little, but I like his stats.
Old November 7th, 2010, 09:23 PM

Caric Woo who?
Re: Good Pig's D&D Custom Heroes - New! Dwarf Sniper for Aqu

These customs are incredible! Its folks like you that will keep this game endless fun!

Just curious, where do you get the heroscape bases for your customs?

Doug

Also, what mini did you use for Sir Loksteen Death Knight?

Last edited by Caric; November 7th, 2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old November 7th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

These are some great customs, and thanks for the pics! The Vydar dragon in particular looks like it would have made a great figure.

As for, I always wondered why wizards didn't print a figure called "Hero of Valhalla."

Rhom looks good as well. I like how you can use him as a sniper, or bring him closer for explosive shot but risk his death due to his base stats.
Old November 7th, 2010, 10:30 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caric View Post
These customs are incredible! Its folks like you that will keep this game endless fun!
Just curious, where do you get the heroscape bases for your customs?
I bought a few extra Erevan Sunshadows off of Auggies for $29/pc then cut him off the base. I then printed the stickers from Grey Owl's customs thread and stuck them on the bases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caric View Post

Also, what mini did you use for Sir Loksteen Death Knight?
Thank you. The mini is from the new D&D Lord of Madness set # 45/60. I bought him off Auggie's a few weeks ago for pretty cheap. It looks like he is becoming a hot commodity, price has gone up somewhat.

Last edited by Good Pig; November 7th, 2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old November 7th, 2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleKing99 View Post
These are some great customs, and thanks for the pics! The Vydar dragon in particular looks like it would have made a great figure.

As for, I always wondered why wizards didn't print a figure called "Hero of Valhalla."
I was actually thinking about making this guy Jandar himself, but the expectations for the figure would be really high and put his cost more in the Marvel range 250+. Right now I'm not sure what to do with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleKing99 View Post
Rhom looks good as well. I like how you can use him as a sniper, or bring him closer for explosive shot but risk his death due to his base stats.
Thanks. I wanted to give him multiple attack options with different ranges similar to Q10 or Deadeye Dan. The ideas for his attacks really came from the D&D card abilities for the Dwarf Sniper.
Old November 8th, 2010, 03:40 PM

Zarovichx is surprisingly tart

@Good Pig

"Hero of Valhalla" looks like a Viking Unique Hero to me. Or you could even try building a Viking common squad with him plus others. I was going to say Dreadguls even but the blue cape doesn't them most likely.
Old November 8th, 2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarovichx View Post
@Good Pig

"Hero of Valhalla" looks like a Viking Unique Hero to me. Or you could even try building a Viking common squad with him plus others. I was going to say Dreadguls even but the blue cape doesn't them most likely.
Yeah I was thinking of making him boost the Tarn Viking Warriors and other Viking heroes. Maybe with an ability to bring them back after being destroyed. I only have one set of Tarn Viking's so I'll probably leave them as unique instead of creating a common custom version.
Old November 14th, 2010, 05:28 PM

blooded scion is surprisingly tart

Awesome customs!
Well designed and I already have most of them.
Old November 15th, 2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blooded scion View Post
Awesome customs!
Well designed and I already have most of them.
Thanks.

Let me know what you think about point costs if you get a chance to try any of them out.
Old November 19th, 2010, 03:26 PM

tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby!

Your customs are looking good Good Pig. The dwarf sniper, zombie hulk and halfling tombseeker stand out the most to me so far. I've ordered the minis for these and several others - plan to give them a run and will let you know how they play if you are interested.

Cheers,
~tgx
Old November 19th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Regarding the Dwarf Sharpshooter - I really like the d20 power on the explosive bolt! As for the Sharpshooter, am I correct in assuming that Thorgrim's Defense Spirit will work against it? I understand that a live Thorgrim won't help him, and more than Raelin or Ana Karithon.

Old November 19th, 2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannergx View Post
Your customs are looking good Good Pig. The dwarf sniper, zombie hulk and halfling tombseeker stand out the most to me so far. I've ordered the minis for these and several others - plan to give them a run and will let you know how they play if you are interested.

Cheers,
~tgx
Thanks, and yes I'm definitely interested in feedback. I just got the Dwarf Sniper in the mail the other day. He looks pretty cool and I'm eager to try him out in a dwarf army myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Regarding the Dwarf Sharpshooter - I really like the d20 power on the explosive bolt! As for the Sharpshooter, am I correct in assuming that Thorgrim's Defense Spirit will work against it? I understand that a live Thorgrim won't help him, and more than Raelin or Ana Karithon.
Good question about Thorgrim. Right now I'd say the defending figure would get the +1 defense from the spirit because the word "aura" is not used in the ability. I'll probably have to tweak the wording to cover this scenario one way or the other. Good catch!

Besides now that I have the figure I'll be taking my own hi-res photo to update the card with.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs