Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Old June 26th, 2010, 08:35 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: White Knight's D&D customs

How did you go about basing the armored gulvorg? I have the figure and am completely at a loss for implementing it.

Old June 26th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
What is the figure for the ninja??? MUST FIND OUT!!!!!!!!!!
I took a Hand Ninja #003 Heroclix (Hammer of Thor Series), cut off the fingers, drilled a small hole, and then inserted (and super-glued) a bayonet from an army man. Then I painted it black and the bayonet gray. The figure I bought was $.69 at the time. My son really, really loves it.

I liked the sculpt for the D&D Dragonblade Ninja, but the figure was just too small.
Old June 26th, 2010, 11:14 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
How did you go about basing the armored gulvorg? I have the figure and am completely at a loss for implementing it.
I haven't re-based it yet (or any of the huge figures). I'm thinking of cutting the sides, which should bring it in just enough for a 2-space figure, but I haven't been brave enough to try it yet. My other option was to cut it completely off its circle base and put it on a double base.

Let me know if you come up with a clean way to do it.
Old June 26th, 2010, 11:45 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
I haven't re-based it yet (or any of the huge figures). I'm thinking of cutting the sides, which should bring it in just enough for a 2-space figure, but I haven't been brave enough to try it yet. My other option was to cut it completely off its circle base and put it on a double base.

Let me know if you come up with a clean way to do it.
I don't know about cutting this figure in particular, but I've found wire cutters to be very good for cutting dnd bases. I used them with the Balrog figure and the Sacred Hunter figure. You could probably cut the base to fit on two hexes, then just sand the edges to give it a bevel and some smoothness. If you really wanted to go the extra mile you could even repaint the base to match a heroscape base, but that seems a little extreme. The figure still wouldn't fit very well on most maps, but that way you wouldn't have to make up new movement rules. Now that I've written this out I've got to actually try it .

Old June 27th, 2010, 02:47 AM

VIRTU knows what's in an order marker VIRTU knows what's in an order marker

Wow! I gotta say I like what you've done. Not really all into the DnD scape, but I could change my mind. I really dig the Ranger that follows Jandar.
Old June 28th, 2010, 09:44 AM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker

These customs look pretty good.

What, or who, is Viranti (I assume it is a loose collection/faction/organization of chaotic destructive creatures dedicated to the utter annhilation of Vahalla because of the beings who follow it, but I'm not sure.)
Old June 28th, 2010, 11:51 AM

Added bio for Viranti. I lumped all D&D extra-planer evil creatures (demons, devils, slaad) into the Viranti category.

I have 5 or 6 more Viranti to upload once I update their cards (to a better format) and add point costs.
Old June 28th, 2010, 04:29 PM

Added Viranti Summoner.
Old January 7th, 2011, 06:26 PM

Added mounted goblin archers and swordsmen to the first post and undead heroes and unique Viranti to the second post.
Old January 12th, 2011, 10:04 AM

Jeabird is surprisingly tart

Some of the pictures posted are kind of small and make for hard reading for the visually impaired. Would love to give feedback if I could.

I, like God, do play with dice and do believe in coincidence.
Old January 12th, 2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeabird View Post
Some of the pictures posted are kind of small and make for hard reading for the visually impaired. Would love to give feedback if I could.
I updated all the pictures on the first page to higher resolution versions!

They should be easier to read now.
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:29 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Ok. Cool cards, actually great cards, but much wording issues. Or "many", I should say. It's "inflicts a wound", not "causes a wound". For Grapple Smash it should say: When a Hammerer attacks a figure, if that is the only figure engaged to that Hammerer, that Hammerer rolls two extra attack die.
Mezzodaemon:
Cursed Spear
If this Mezzodaemon inflicts at least 1 wound, roll two attack dice. Each skull rolled counts as one unblockable hit against the attacking figure.
Regeneration
There already is a power with that name, so you should just use that wording with "Mezzodaemon".
Teleport
Instead of moving normally with this Mezzodaemon, you may place it on any unoccupied space up to 6 spaces away. When this Mezzodaemon starts to Teleport, if it is engaged, it will take no leaving engagement attacks.
Avoid Attack
If this Mezzodaemon is attacked and would receive at least one wound, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, ignore all wounds and this Mezzodaemon may immediatly Teleport.
Shard Vortex:
His first power should say "roll attack dice once for all figures".
He also should be around 160 points, as the two figures with 6 attack and 4 defense are 170 (Sgt. Drake) and 185 (Nilfheim).
Gargoyles:
Probably more around 105. The Sentinels have 4 defense with double shields, so a potential of 8. The Gargoyles have a potential of 6. They also have more attack than the Sentinels.
Greenvise Vine:
Death Fog- should probably be reduced to 4 spaces. And it would say: each space within Death Fog's range counts as two.
That's all I've looked at for now. Great customs man, keep 'em coming.
Troglodyte Brutes:
Stench should say: All figures adjacent to a TB roll 1 less attack and defense die. This Special Power does not affect Troglodyte figures.
Javelin Special Attack: Start the game with 2 Javelin markers on this Army Card. When a Troglodyte Brute attacks with Javelin Special Attack, remove one Javelin marker from this card. A TB may only attack with this attack if they have moved this turn.
Troglodyte Bonecrushers:
Same thing with Stench.
Dwarven Battleragers:
Battle Rage: When a Dwarven Battle Rager is destroyed, place him on this Army Card. Add 1 to each Dwarven Battle Rager's attack value for each figure on this card for a maximum of +3.
(And by the way, parenthesis are never used in Special Powers.)
You also don't need to say "add +1", you can just say "add 1". Order Marker is always capitalized.
Grick:
Grick Bonding: There is no need to say "but before taking a turn". That is just implied.
Ethereal Marauder:
Ethereal Escape: I don't know if you were being lazy, but you don't say "d20" on a card. You might want to say "after attacking, you may roll the 20-sided die", just to give the player an option to escape.
I just realized almost everything you have is Uncommon. Is there a reason to that? Because, for the price of most of these figures, it would be useless to have multiples.
Phoera:
Fire Creature: You can't say "fire based special attack", as there are no "fire-based" attack. I know what you are trying to say and may want to word it as: When Phoera is attacked by a Special Attack with Fire in its name..., as that would be "allowed".
She, (is it a she?) is way overcosted. She comes back on an 18, and is resistant to "fire" special attacks and only has 4 life and 3 defense? She (again, I'm assuming it's a she) is better around 150.
Tarkurzak:
Hide: When Tarkurzak is adjacent to a Common or Unique Troll, Orc, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Trollkin, Ogre, or Bugbear Squad or Hero, roll 1 additional defense die.
Centaur:
Battle Axe Special Attack: Range 1. Attack 4. If this Centaur starts his turn more than 2 spaces away from the attacked figure, roll 1 additional attack die.
The bonding power again does not need "before moving and attacking".
The Ankar Swordsman are worth more around 110, due to their 4 attack and 5 defense.
I'm done for now. Hopefully, you find that you may use these changes. In the meantime, however, great job.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es

Last edited by MrWookiee; January 12th, 2011 at 09:30 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs