Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old March 20th, 2024, 08:42 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Kree Imperium

Kree Imperium: Insta Grab!

If you want to do a SciFi playtest/game, I've collected some figures for the Kree, Shi'ar, and Skrull, but only done a few games with some of them. Of course you could add various Marvel heroes like the Imperial Guard, Captain Marvel, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and the X-Men too to flesh it out. I've got some of my own custom cards for this too.

You could even come up with a monthly game scenario for this, and I'd be happy to play it! We could check out which cards I could provide for it, since I've got a catalogue of all my billions of cards. I think the scifi races are on a separate list too.
Old March 26th, 2024, 08:02 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Rogue

Just went to update the index with new card art for an old custom, only to realize that apparently I never got around to posting her in the first place, so I guess this is sort of a belated post:

Really glad I picked up a nicer mini for her, otherwise I never would've caught that she was missing.
Old March 26th, 2024, 08:23 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Her Move, Attack and Defense are already pretty high, so she'd have to drain a pretty beefy hero to get any benefit. At least using the unit's stats are optional; in case it has a lower Move than her but a higher Attack, for example.

I like that it negates the unit's powers but it might be more fun to have her also use the unit's special powers herself. It's a great squad killer, though!

Old March 27th, 2024, 02:26 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Agree with Taeblewalker. How about letting her using one Special Power of another figure at a time for the round?

Now if Marvel would only Bring Back Rogue too...which should be happening soon!
Old March 27th, 2024, 07:52 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Good stuff. Rogue is a tough one and we heavily discussed her for C3G.
Copying powers can open up a whole can of worms so I can understand wanting to avoid it but as stated, with her high stats, her power drain feels marginalized.
Power negation is quite potent itself though and should not be underestimated.
I actually think C3G may have dropped that aspect, I believe mostly because it is not fun to play against.
Old March 27th, 2024, 06:57 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I like that it negates the unit's powers but it might be more fun to have her also use the unit's special powers herself.
I considered having her actually copy powers given that it's what she actually does in the comics, but in Heroscape that would create a lot of possible theme weirdness - what's happening when she copies Kaemon Awa, or Hawkeye, or War Machine? Does she steal their bows or guns for a while and then return them? It would also create a bunch of potentially game breaking corner cases and FAQs - what if she copies Atlaga's Bolt of Witherwood more than once per game? Can she use it multiple times? And that's just one example off the top of my head; there would be many more such unforeseeable problems that power copying would create - the "known unknowns," as Donald Rumsfeld called them. At the end of the day I decided the juice was not worth the squeeze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Good stuff. Rogue is a tough one and we heavily discussed her for C3G.
Copying powers can open up a whole can of worms so I can understand wanting to avoid it but as stated, with her high stats, her power drain feels marginalized.
Power negation is quite potent itself though and should not be underestimated.
I actually think C3G may have dropped that aspect, I believe mostly because it is not fun to play against.
Yeah, she's not going to copy stats unless she's up against characters above her weight class, but I actually find that fairly thematic - Rogue in this incarnation mainly relied on her stolen Captain Marvel powers anyway, rarely using her own mutant ability out of fear of its lethality. I considered making this version of her without any power draining at all, but it felt strange to leave it out considering it's her actual power.

As for the power negation element, I figured since the official game already has precedent for it I wasn't too concerned with adding a little more.
Old March 29th, 2024, 07:03 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Nice job on Rogue. Li'Helm had a similar idea for a Rogue card and we also determined that borrowing powers is not a good idea. His plan was to have Rogue with a relatively low attack value and then swap the value with whomever has the marker on their card. It was a very basic idea but we never really went forward with it. We both like what you ended up with here.
Old March 31st, 2024, 08:03 PM

Thanks, Matt. You and Lil'Helm should keep hammering at your own Rogue; you'll eventually get to something you like, but she's definitely harder to translate than most. For me, she was a character I tinkered with on and off for a long time, and only after I'd been making customs for years. I don't think I settled on this version until 5 or 6 years ago.
Old April 11th, 2024, 06:36 PM

Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Starshine

Worked on an addition to the "Rom" corner of the Shermanverse, Rom's fellow Spaceknight and love interest, Starshine:

I'd hoped for a long time to make a card for her, but I didn't realize until last year that Heroclix had made a figure for her. She's obviously the Marvel character most suited to be adapted to Heroscape because her head is literally hexagonal.
Old April 11th, 2024, 07:51 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That is great. Never knew Rom had a girlfriend.
Old April 12th, 2024, 11:45 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Kree Imperium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Made a common squad card for the Kree, just in case I ever want to do Kree/Skrull War scenarios, or maybe a Kree vs. Skrull vs. Marro vs. Soulborg sci-fi extravaganza:
Sci-Fi battle sounds fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Really glad I picked up a nicer mini for her, otherwise I never would've caught that she was missing.
That is a nice mini. Sometimes I think I'm going to upgrade my minis to all the animated series ones...then I look at all the minis I have and the cost to do that and I never follow through. They do look cool though

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 12th, 2024, 03:44 PM

Hope to see her on the table. We did have a game with ROM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations