Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old December 19th, 2009, 01:11 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Black Friday deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
I got the one based on the recent movie, though as I understand it it's really a re-vamp of another game - Kingdoms - which I have never played. I actually haven't had a chance to play it yet.
I got the other one...for $5 I probably should have just gotten both
Well come over some time and I'll let you play. Texas isn't that far...

Old December 19th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well thanks dudes. But back to the star of this thread, Gulp.

I have HDTV, PS3 and Sony surround sound speaker. How do I hook it up. I have HDMI available. The PS3 comes with a Red/White/Yellow cord. How do I get Video from the PS3 and Audio that is going through the receiver (ie. sounding great)?

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old December 19th, 2009, 01:39 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
Well thanks dudes. But back to the star of this thread, Gulp.

I have HDTV, PS3 and Sony surround sound speaker. How do I hook it up. I have HDMI available. The PS3 comes with a Red/White/Yellow cord. How do I get Video from the PS3 and Audio that is going through the receiver (ie. sounding great)?
Sorry to derail the thread Gulp!

Beowulf says you should splice the cables with a Greater Blade of Destruction, then use the blood of Grendel to fuse them to your PS3.

Old December 19th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Buy a set of HDMI cables from monoprice.com

Your PS3 should hook up to your HDTV by a HDMI cable.

Your HDTV should have an audio out ports that you use to hook up to your surround sound system.

Do not use the RCA jacks that come with the PS3 as the video quality will be crap and not in HD.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old December 20th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I have the option of:

[PS3]>>>>HDMI>>>[Surround Sound Receiver]>>>HDMI>>>[TV]

or

[PS3]>>>>HDMI>>>>[TV] + [TV]>>>weird optical cable>>>[PS3]

Correct?

Which one is better? I know you recommended against buying the fancy HDMI cable but I tried a cheap one and I believe I could see the difference. May just be Jay Z playin' tricks on me from his space station. So if you'll buy the premise that there are differences between the crappy HDMI and the fancy ones, then you'll see that I would still rather not spend the $$ on another fancy one (because the connection would only be as good as the crappiest HDMI-correct?).

If that's true, then the optical cable would be my best bet. I've never used that connection before. You?

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

Old December 20th, 2009, 04:15 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

http://gizmodo.com/268788/the-truth-...keep-upusually

BTW, I don't understand option 2, why would you connect the PS3 to the TV, then the TV back to the PS3?

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old December 21st, 2009, 08:34 AM

Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker

My oldest son went to Best Buy on Black Friday. He got 2 of the Garmin nuvi 205w GPS's for a $100. One for himself and one for me. Best Buy has the same one on sale this week for $90. What a bummer.

Does anyone know if Best Buy will make price adjustment if the receipt is brought back? I have not opened mine as it is a present for my wife and I could return it and just buy another.

My greatest Heroscape mistake: Thinking that Heroscape was a $40 $400 game!
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:17 AM
Good is Dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobofdeath's Dad View Post
My oldest son went to Best Buy on Black Friday. He got 2 of the Garmin nuvi 205w GPS's for a $100. One for himself and one for me. Best Buy has the same one on sale this week for $90. What a bummer.

Does anyone know if Best Buy will make price adjustment if the receipt is brought back? I have not opened mine as it is a present for my wife and I could return it and just buy another.
If you have any of the packaging, I would take it back and try to return it. The other one they'll definitely take back. They have a pretty awesome return policy. I've returned and returned and returned nonstop for the past couple weeks trying to find the stuff I want for my home theater.

jschild, you're right I messed up with that diagram. The HDMI cable connects PS3 to TV and I bought an optical cable that connects from PS3 to the receiver. That's my current setup. Anyone have any advice for/against this setup?

Old December 21st, 2009, 11:22 AM
Dr Feelgood

No that should be fine, that's the standard afaik for audio connections.

I might be doing something similar with any Christmas money I get because my TV has an awesome picture but the audio on the TV sucks and I've currently got my Logitech 2.1 system hooked up to it, but it's for a computer so it doesn't have a remote control. Getting tired getting up to adjust the volume so I'm probably oging to get a nice 2.1 system that comes with a remote so I can be a proper American and never leave my couch when watching TV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General