Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old November 7th, 2011, 12:31 AM

White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker
Re: Portland/Vancouver NHSD

Thanks for hosting the tournament Longly and Nomad. I had a great time, winning my first championship made it even better . I played with my army the first 4 games I then had to face off against it in the championship game. (Record 5 and 0) Oh yeah my army was Major Q 10, Horned skulled brutes times 3, Goblin cutters times 3. I really liked this army . Moment of the day was when I was playing Heroscape Guy, he had a orge pulverizer with 1 life left and I had 1 goblin cutter left he attacked and whiffed I then rolled a shield to win the game thanks again for another great match Heroscape Guy .
Old November 7th, 2011, 01:23 AM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sounds like you all had a fun time! I'm bummed we couldn't make it.

Next time, next time, next time!

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old November 7th, 2011, 03:56 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Thank you Longy418 and Nomad! and those that participated! It was a very fun event, and I liked the switch army option - as I felt like I got in a LOT of 'Scape.

I had the Omegacron/Omnicron army, though I didnt' get to play it until my 5th game and 6th games (going 1-1 with it).

First game I played a solid Warforged with Siege/Heirloom and Marro Warriors army, and managed a win thanks in part to holding the +2 move glyph all game with Siege.

Then I had to face the all-ranged Omnicrons while playing Pulverizers and Deathchasers. I was thoroughly sniped to a loss. I should have played more conservately, but my opponent also handled the Omni's very well.

I then played Longy's Jotun/Saylind army, and with some lucky summoning rolls, Jotun was in my opponent's start zone and I rolled a 4-skull wild swing which killed 5 repulsors in one shot. Guilty McC came in for some two-gun fighting to finish off the snipers for a win.

Next was Nomad's Gladiator army, with him running my Omni's. The board had lots of jungle and shadow to protect the Capuans until they were ready to strike. I had a lucky blitz with Crixus on Omegacron and took him down giving me time to clean up the others for a win.

When I finally got to play my army, I was lucky to go agains the all-melee Anubian wolves on Embattled Fen. I had a solid screen of repulsors and had height, and there was little cover for the wolves, leading to a victory.

My next match was a great one - getting to play the Omni's but against the Goblins and Brutes of White Q Knight. The Goblins did a great amount of damage and their scurry made it so that I wasn't killing more than 1 per OM. I had no luck with glyphs in this match, as a hit a pit trap and one treasure was a dud, but a very fun and challenging match. When the Brutes finally got into the fray, it didn't take them long to hammer through Omega's 6 defense for a loss.

In my playoff match, I played Roadrage's Gladiatron/Krav army .. and wished the whole game that I had more than 1 squad of Blasts to go with the glads. Roadrage made some excellent tactical and risky moves that all paid off, and though it was touch and go - when he brought "The Boss" up - he ran the table on me for a loss.

I had 7 matches total .. coming in 4th, with a record of 4-3.

It was a great time, and I think that the players that got to run the Omegacron army had a good time with it as well!

Thanks everyone!
*Kai

My Army:

Omegacron
Omnicron Snipers x2
Omnicron Repulse x3
Marcu Esenwein
= 520 pts
Old November 7th, 2011, 01:01 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

My thanks go to Longy418 and to Nomad for setting up this tournament, it was great.

My army was:
Grimnak
Nerak
Heavy Grutsx3
Aubrien Archersx2
520points/22spaces
------
I got to play my own army for my first 4 matches, I then traded armies for my last three matches.

My most memorable game was match 2, here's a quick report.

I played Jeremiah's (White Q Knight) Q10, Brute/Cutter army in this match. There were no attacks during the first round, just jockying for positions. Round 2 was the beginning of the worst luck I've ever had in a tournament game. I ran Nerak out to grab a treasure glyph but rolled a 2 resulting in a wound and Nerak getting placed in a death trap amongst his figures. I then grabbed a useless brander"dud" glyph and procceded to fail with just about every attack I threw at him. Jeremiah's Brutes hacked through Grimnak, Nerak, and several Heavies in just a few turns. I brought out my Archers at the end and frenzy'd three consecutive times, I was able to throw 9 attacks of three at Brute's defending at 4 and I killed.... 1 Brute. Q10 went through and gunned down all my archers in just a couple of turns. I think I killed like three Brutes this game, Q10 and the Cutters were unscathed.

Final record was 4-3. Anyway, I had a good time. Hope to see you all sometime in the near future.

Last edited by Master of Disaster; November 7th, 2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old November 8th, 2011, 11:26 PM

Lord Nyax is surprisingly tart

My army was

4x Roman Legionarres
Marcus
Me-Burq-Sa
Q10
Chainfighter

525 Points

I had a lot of fun, I must say.

My first battle was on Breach against Venoc Vipers, Elite Onyx Vipers, Mittens, and Fyorlag Spiders. For those who don't know Breach, it's about the worst map to face vipers on. First round he was in my face and frenzied, taking out whole squad of romans. Next round he frenzied again and took out another. I put up a decent fight, but in the end it came down to Marcus on a hill with four wounds fighting off the elites. He went down as a true Roman, fighting the horde to his last breath.

Second battle I got to play the all Aubian wolves army against my own. Right away I got the glyph of Lodin, which definetly helped out the wolfies rolls. I won, it was fun.

Third battle I ended up playing a Wyrmling army with some customs whose names I'm having trouble remembering. Something Guerrellas, I'd never seen them before. Sadly I tend to play mellee more than anything and really didn't use the Guerrellas maneuverability very well. I got stomped, but it was fun.

After that I played with the Capuan Gladiators in what was the worst match of the night. Crixes failed to take out a 2 defense Legionare in his only two attacks of the game before he was taken out by Me-Burq-Sa on height with an attack glyph when he failed to roll a single sheild. The Romans steamrolled my Gladiators as I kept rolling skulls on defense and sheilds on offence. In the end it came down to Spartacus on a hillside, surrounded by legionarres, which ironically is probably how he went down in real life. Oh well, luck is fickle.

After that faced off against Dysole and his army of Nilfhiem, Hydra, and Dividers. I thought I was a goner at one point, but Me-Burq-Sa suddenly turned into a divider killing machine. He was down to one life after taking ice from Nilfy and I wrote him off as a goner after he was surrounded by Dividers. But for the rest of the game he rolled well on defense and paralysing stared about four different dividers. With Burqy as ranged backup, my romans were able to pin down the Hydra while he took pot shots. In the end I won, but it was close and definetly my most fun game of the night.

After that it was myself against the dwarves, which I managed to win. No big drama there, so I'll move on.

My last game was against Master of Disaster and I got to play the Heavy Gruts. I also got throughly pulverized. I relearned my lesson: with blade or heavy gruts, you got to be agressive. I played defense, keeping them close to Grimnak for the extra defense die, forgetting that the romans three attack die will get through that pretty regularly, and that they outnumber me. Still, I had fun.

So yeah. This went longer than I hoped. Final report: this was a very fun tourny.

Lord Nyax is Bullseye...
aboard STARSHIP KAPPA...
Old November 9th, 2011, 12:28 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah I had a blast too inasmuch as I wasn't able to stay long.

My army
3X Warforged
Siege
Heirloom
Marro Warriors
and a Drow Chainfighter

Pretty well built army one of my favorites... Drow and Warriors were just fillers but the warriors actually fit in pretty well.

Battle one:
Ended up using Kai's Omnicron snipers and repulsors with Omegacron and Marcu, got pretty well stuck when he got a move plus one glyph, and having never played with the Omnicron's before made the mistake of putting my snipers in front of my repulsors so they got finished off by the warforged pretty quickly... almost changed the tide with omegacron's double attack but made a mistake by using Marcu too early and getting hit with an eternal hatred making my hero easy pickings... game went down hill from there with marcu my last piece getting killed by the Drow...

Game two:
It was my warforged vs the dwarves, lost Heirloom right off the bat when trying to get the treasure glyph, my opponent got the defense one glyph for a while making things difficult for a while, but was able to kill the bulk of the dwarf squads and both of the heros with my warforged. Quasatch playground was perfect for them lots of height for tactical switching, eventually parked Siege on the defense glyph and he sat there with nine defense for the rest of the game, mopped up a whole squad of the dwarves with my crag of steel attack and than it was just my last two warforged and my chainfighter against Isamu, fun and very tense game!

Game three:
Warforged vs Vipers... I got steamrolled on this one because the map was almost entirely without height and both my hero's got very damaged over a treasure glyph that turned out to be a dud. What really turned this one against me was the vipers winning initiative pretty much every round and frenzying all the time. This match only lasted about a half hour.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old November 9th, 2011, 06:53 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Battle Report

Okay I figured I should probably write up one of these. Army was 4xDividers, Hydra, Nilf, and Marcu.

Game 1 vs. Tyesheron (6xWolves, Kho-Su-Met) Played each others armies. I think the map was Quasatch Playground. There was a defense glyph on the side of the map that helped me out a lot and that Tyesheron probably let me have for too long. Charged the wolves into the fray whenever I got high rolls and only really had it come to bite me once. Nilf and Hydra both fell to wolves rolling 7+ dice. Got real close near the end when the dividers started making a comeback but was able to kill the last of them and then use Khosumet to finish off Marcu with just him and a wolf left.

1-0

Game 2 vs. Vermilyon (4xVipers, Mittens, Zetacron, EOV, 2xSpiders). Played our armies. Embattled Fen I think. I figured things would be easy once I killed off Zeta and the Vipers. Probably committed Nilf more than I should have but managed to take out quite a few Vipers and Zeta before he went down. Dividers took over until I brought out the Hydra and when the Hydra got going all that was left was Mittens. I got a Talisman of Defense on the Hydra and then started attacking. He really should have disengaged from me with three wounds and grabbed the healing glyph. He didn't so I did. Mittens fell shortly thereafter. Dividers never divided. This would become a theme.

2-0

Game 3 vs. White Q Knight (3xCutters, 3xBrutes, Q10) Played our armies. Don't remember a name but it had an Astrid glyph in the middle and two mountains on either side. I charged the Astrid glyph while he moved his Brutes forward. I put Nilf on some high ground but Brutes managed to come up and put a few wounds on him. I killed them all and then flew him down. I really should have attacked Q but I opted to kill Brutes and forgot about the Dispose the Rabble power so I just got rid of a goblin and had Ice Shard bounce off of them. The Brutes managed to kill him after that. My Hydra got up on one mountain and killed the last of the Brutes. Q got on the other and put some wounds on the Hydra. Dividers tried valiantly to kill Goblins and Q but only managed a couple of Goblins. The other ones finished off the Hydra while Q killed a bunch of Dividers who didn't feel like dividing. Marcu managed to give me a last ditch hope by putting 3 wounds on Q but fell shortly thereafter.

2-1

Game 4 vs. Toogwick Tuk (4xMariedians, 2xBlack Wyrmling, 2xWhite Wyrmling, 2xRed Wyrmling, 2xBlue Wyrmling) I think it was Ice Blossom. We played our armies. My dice hated me this game. He managed to grab the Move +2 glyph early on and held it for pretty much the whole game. Nilf killed some Mareidians but got tied up. I probably should have disengaged him and tried to kill as many Mariedians before dying but I didn't think it would be too hard to kill them all even with that. I was wrong as Nilf fell to some major whiffing. Hydra didn't fare much better but he did kill some Wyrmlings and Mariedians before dying. The Dividers divided maybe twice the whole game and whiffed like never before with the last bunch taken out by Black Wyrmlings. Marcu killed quite a few things before betraying me and dying. He had about half of his wyrmlings left and a squad and a half of Mariedians.

2-2

Game 5 vs. Lord Nyax (4xRomans, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Me-Burq-Sa, Q10, Drow Chainfighter) We played our own armies. It was a map with a billion or so shadow tiles on it. Chainfighter charged early and got killed by Nilf who was doing a pretty good job at killing Romans. An early attack on MBS from Nilf left him with one life. Things seemed to be going well as Nilf charged forward and killed Q10. I probably shouldn't have charged him out that far but I think I had bad memories of Q and that affected my decision. Romans took down Nilf and MBS turned into a divider killing machine rolling 3 skulls or paralyzing stare almost every opportunity he got. Hydra took out some Romans but not before falling. Dividers divided maybe twice this game. Marcu didn't do much before he too fell.

2-3

Game 6 vs. master of disaster (3xHeavy Gruts, Nerak, Grimnak, 2xAubriens) We played each other's armies and I'm pretty sure it was Fossil. Prior to the game I told master of disaster that my Dividers were doing terribly. He mentioned that his Nerak kept dying early without really doing anything. This game turned out to be no different. I brought the gruts out slowly and then once a few of them died and two wounds were put on Nerak I charged him in on a suicide mission to damage Nilf. He put one wound on him before dying. I charged Chompy forward and managed to take out a Divider or two but Nilf killed him way too fast. The gruts managed to put a wound on the Hydra though. I committed all my gruts to killing Nilf which they somehow managed and then the Hydra which they failed at but managed to get three wounds on him. So I now had 2 squads of Aubriens versus a Hydra and almost three squads of Dividers. I thought I was screwed. We had Nomad come over and tell us there was about 10 minutes left. (Once the match got closer he came back and told us he'd let us finish) I did some quick math and knew that I needed to focus on the Hydra. I somehow managed to kill him. Then it turned into Aubriens versus Dividers. The Dividers did exactly what they had been doing all day which is not dividing. They took out four archers but at the beginning of a round I managed to kill off the last couple of dividers thanks to a fortuitous frenzy. Then I had the entire round to empty lots of arrows into Marcu and kill him. I still have no clue how that happened and kudos to master of disaster. I don't think I would have been able to take that kind of losing in stride like he did. This was probably my match of the day.

3-3

Game 7 vs. Longy418 (Jotun, Saylind, Eldgrim, Thorgrim, Finn, Guilty) Seeding match. We played our armies. It was some map with lava on height. I had avoided lava all day because I knew Marcu was my last ditch guy and if there was any lava around when he betrayed me the game was over. Fortunately for me it never came to that. I took one look at the army and realized that if I killed Jotun my dividers might be able to just overwhelm the rest of the army even if they decided to divide like they had been all day. He got a nice little setup of Saylind, Finn, Thorgrim, Eldgrim all in the middle of a lava field and I had put a few wounds on Saylind with Nilf and a Hydra. He managed a few wounds on Nilf with Saylind. He summoned in Jotun and I focused all my attacks on Jotun. The Hydra and Nilf managed to land six wounds on him before Jotun killed both of them. Fortunately the round after that he and Saylind died due to lava. Finn, Thorgrim, and Eldgrim all bunched up in a nice little clump around my startzone and my dividers went to work killing Thorgrim, Eldgrim, and then Finn. Then it became a game of chasing down a souped up Guilty with Dividers. They cornered him on a lava field and dealt the final blow.

4-3

Again thanks to everyone I played for being great competitors and to everyone who helped put it on. It was a lot of fun.

~Dysole, looking forward to future tournaments

Last edited by Dysole; November 10th, 2011 at 03:19 AM.
Old November 9th, 2011, 10:57 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here are a few pics from our tournament:

White Q Knight makes his move against Toogwick tuk and his Resistance Fighters in the championship match.

Roadrage and Obfuscated Hippo engage in an epic battle for 3rd - its Vydar Soulborgs v. Jandar Soulborgs and Megacron.

Longy418 doing some post tournament tear down . . . get job running the event Longy!

Master of Disaster and Lord Nyax in the end-game of their final match.

Thanks to Dice Age Games for hosting . . . I think everyone had a great time.

By the way - Congratulations to White Q Knight and Roadrage on sharing the title of NW NHSD Champion. They shared a 10-1 record over the two event (Seattle and Vancouver) series. I should have taken a picture of that awesome trophy!
Old November 9th, 2011, 11:37 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ah, too be young and have a memory . . . those were the days.

I don't remember who I played and what the outcomes were, but, I do remember that I finished 3-4 and I did not play my army (Spartacus, Cap Gladiators x3, Crixus, Marcu) once. Every twenty-sider roll for army choice came up odd. The probability of seven consecutive odd rolls is 0.0078125 (or 0.8%). This should only happen once in 128 tournaments of the same format. All those games I played with Steamroller to prepare for the tournament went for naught.

I still had tons of fun! Thanks everyone! It was a pleasure to meet so many new people.
Old November 10th, 2011, 12:04 AM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

And my thanks to you and Longy. The tournament was amazing and I'm amazed how much prizes there were. It was an fantastic experience.
i think that my most amazing battle was against master of disaster. I played his orc/elf army while he played my wyrmlings and M-43 resistance fighters.
A short synopsis:
I was able to get my Aubriens up the left hill on my side and had them sucking up order markers for the first two rounds. Master of Disaster was able to get some wyrmlings by my orcs and kill nerak. I then had Grimnak chomp a wyrmling in retaliation. I then tried to grab a treasure glyph with Grimnak and rolled for the trap. I rolled a 1 and Grimnak fell into a pool of water surrounded by ice. He was then promptly shot to bits by the resistance fighters. I was able to squeeze in a victory though with two Aubriens and two heavies.
Old November 10th, 2011, 07:45 PM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!

I too had a great time thanks to all who participated.
Final army results:
obfuscatedhippo's Omegacron, Omni Snipersx2, Omni Repulsersx3, and Marcu went 3 W and 4 L.
Master of Disaster's Grimnak, Nerak, Heavy Grutsx3, and Aubrien Archers went 5 W and 2 L.
William99's Warforgedx3, Seige, Heirloom, Marro Warriors, and Drow Chainfighter went 2 W and 1 L.
Nomads Spartacus, Crixus, Gladiatorsx3, and Marcu army went 4 W and 3 L.
Dysoles Hydra, Nilfheim, Dividersx4, and Marcu army went 2 W and 5 L.
Vermillion's Spidersx2, Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipersx4, Zetacron, and Elite Onyx Vipers went 4 W and 4 L.
Lord Nyax's Legionarresx4, Me-burq-sa, Marcus, and Chainfighter army was 4 W and 3 L.
Tyler B.'s Anubianx6, and Khosumet army was 3 W and 3 L with one additional game that wasn't stated which army was played.
Longy's army of Jotun, Salind, Thorgrim, Finn, Eldgrim, and Guilty was 1 W and 6 L.
Jeremiah's MajorQ10, Horned Sullx3, Goblinx3 was 4 W and 1 L.
Roadrage's Krav, Raelin, Rats, Gladiatronx3, Blastatrons was 1 W and 4 L.
Toogwick Tuk's M-43 Resistancex4 White, Red, Blue, and Black Wyrmlingsx2 and Otonashi was 4 W and 3 L.
Pipers Morgrim, Migol, Isamu, Axegrindersx4 went 3 W AND 2 L.
I did not get Heroscapeguys record sheet.

Again, thanks to all who attended and I look forward to the next event and seeing all of you again. If you have any suggestions on how this format could have been better let me know. I really enjoyed it but I got an even split of playing Mine or my opponents army.

Last edited by Longy418; November 10th, 2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old November 10th, 2011, 08:12 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

@Longy418

My army had 5 wins and 2 losses. That includes when I used my army and when my opponents used my army.

Hope that helps.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day