Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Closed Thread

Old February 26th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: HS Trade Thread & Good Traders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Marro View Post
I think that's a very strong thing to say. When I was 15 I made three great trades. I don't think that just because one minor has messed up, that you can just group all of us together. In fact half the time people don't even know the age of the person they're trading with.
Not really. Just because you didn't have your head entirely up your bum at 15 doesn't mean you're indicative of all 15 year olds either, now does it.

First, as a grown up, I ASK the tradee if they are a minor or not. Not only do I almost always STOP THERE if they are, I then PM them back telling them that for their own safety they shouldn't be online giving their address to complete strangers.

There's some sick F$#&s out there, and by doing so you're setting yourself up to get snatched, tortured and killed by some pedophile sicko. Read NinthDoc's excellent post about this subject in the Scapers Online forum.

Personally, if you're out there doing this sort of thing, I'm again thinking I don't want to deal with you because if your parents are irresponsible enough to LET you do it, either directly or by neglecting to understand your online habits, your parenting may be inadequate which AGAIN would indicate that it's not a good idea to get into a trade with you. If I don't have the opportunity to email or talk to a parent before trading, I'd be really uncomfortable, since as a parent, I'd want to know who my kids are talking to online.

Like it or not, safety of the kids here and potential litigation down the road, both criminal and/or civil, is a concern and should be paramount to every person who considers themselves to be a good online citizen.
Well, I am slightly offended by your post, but on the same front I do agree with what you said. I am offended by you grouping "teens" into some group that is more trouble then good. I held my first HS tournament at 15, my second at 16...and have made three trades in between those times. (you can ask any one of the people at my tournament how it went, and how I was...or any of the people in my sig) I would hold more, but school and other activities prevent me from holding them more often. However, I do agree that some people out there are just looking for the next scam. Thats why I have taken your wise advise in trading....look to trade with respected people on the site (which means I normally end up sending first) Over time you get respect, and then can request other people who are new to send first. (and note 4-5 trades doesnt exactly say good trader....it just says they may be a good trader some day.)

Anyway, lets get back to trading.

I have:
2 magic the gathering starter decks
-one black
-one blue
TT (must be a good trade)
Skahen
extra water
any custom I have made

want:
RotV (complete is not needed, but preferred)
Mater set 3
knights and swog
orcs
Raknar's Vision
Wave 3
Red coats (militia)

EDIT: I am 16 now.

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST

Last edited by DragonSlayer2; February 26th, 2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old February 26th, 2010, 09:07 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Just completed a great trade with SuperflyTNT!

Thanks for the little bonus too!
Old February 26th, 2010, 09:19 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

Just a thing on the argument of pedophiles:That is why you look at the location of the individual and his/her trading history. If you live in another state it is unlikely you will fall victim.
I'm fifteen, but I live in Oregon. There are very few members who live in my home state, therefore essentially I have nothing to worry about.

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome
Old February 26th, 2010, 09:26 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Are you kidding me? First of all, someone could put anything in that location field, evidence SuperflyTNT's: "Location: No "Delete Profile" Option?" They could even have something mailed to a PO box, then forwarded to their real address.

Secondly, if you don't think someone could drive or fly a couple states to stalk and abduct or kill a kid, you don't read enough of those horror stories online.

My default state when dealing with people is paranoia, even with the people I see in person. If I see someone in a doorway I'm about to pass, I cut wide around it to give myself more time to react to any movement.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old February 26th, 2010, 09:31 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

That is true but I said look at their trade history as well. Anyone with positive feedback is a legitimate member, who is pobably not someone who is going to fly in and abduct me. And most put a location on there. Your's says you live in Austin. If you had a positive trade history, that means odds are low that you will fly across half the country, abduct me, and then do terrible things to me.

Old February 26th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp.nerd View Post
That is true but I said look at their trade history as well. Anyone with positive feedback is a legitimate member, who is pobably not someone who is going to fly in and abduct me. And most put a location on there. Your's says you live in Austin. If you had a positive trade history, that means odds are low that you will fly across half the country, abduct me, and then do terrible things to me.
Kid, I know you think you are right, but you are wrong.

Ninthdoc is (was) in law enforcement. He knows what he's talking about. I'm a prosecutor, and so do I. So do some of these other grown ups here who have been telling you the same thing.

The prisons of this country are populated with sex offenders who traveled from state to state to grab ahold of the boy/girl they were infatuated with. They are out there.

I don't think I'm going to change your mind. But there are other young people out there reading these words, and they need to understand that they should not be sharing personally identifiable information with strangers over the internet, regardless of their "rep" at heroscapers.com or what city they supposedly live in.

It's happened. Even on this website, it's happened. Please stop misleading other young readers out there and go back to trading.

Sorry to be preachy but you really need to drop it and move on.

~ Daddyscaper

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 26th, 2010, 09:50 PM

Alrighty then. It is dropped. And for the record I'm not one of those people who thinks his word is final and can't be wrong. I truely hate it when people are like that. I go to a High School of 2000 of such people.

Old February 26th, 2010, 10:06 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Daddyscaper is right. Lots of inventive, evil people out there. Seriously beware of kid snatchers.

One of the news networks did a half assed sting on their own to catch internet predators. Their set-up house got so much traffic from predators that they invited vice and did three more seperate stings. They literally couldn't process bad guys fast enough. Before one was done more would show up!

Date Line NBC: To catch a Predator
Old February 26th, 2010, 10:56 PM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

There are two extreme views on this and I think the most practical one falls somewhere in between. That's all I've got to say.

Well... more back on topic J4Jandar is a great trader! Everything went very smoothly for my first trade.
Old February 26th, 2010, 11:03 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
There are two extreme views on this and I think the most practical one falls somewhere in between. That's all I've got to say.

Well... more back on topic J4Jandar is a great trader! Everything went very smoothly for my first trade.
Trading with Bonecrusher was a pleasure and he did the right thing and got his parents permission first. Great packing job as everything was very well cared for.

I am completely satisfied with this trade experience.
Old February 27th, 2010, 12:30 AM
has been BANNED

airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker

Mojobang is a very good trader. Just completed a trade with him and I am really satisfied.

Shows you how a someone with a low post count and low rep can be so good.
Old February 27th, 2010, 01:08 AM

Nano*22 is surprisingly tart

Wants:

Wave 2:
x2 Minions of Utgar
x2 4th Mass. Line

Wave 3:
x2 Sentinels of Jandar
x2 Microcrop Agents
x2 Gorillinators

Wave 4:
x3 Aubrien Archers
x2 Gladiatrons
x1 Guilty McKreech
x1 Deadeye Dan
x1 James Murphy
x1 Tagawa Samurai

Wave 5:
x3 Deathreavers
x1 Kozuke Samurai
x1 Ninjas of the Northern Wind

Wave 6:
x1 Zombies of Morindan
x3 Tagawa Samurai Archers

Wave 7:
x2 Knights Templar

Wave 8:
x1 Arkmer
x1 Emirroon
x1 Jorhdawn
x1 Ulginesh
x1 Chardis
x2 Marro Cavalry

Wave 9:
x3 Mohican River Tribe
x1 Brave Arrow

D&D Wave 1:
x3 Phantom Knights
x3 Sahuagin Ranger
x2 Fen Hydra
x1 Wyvern
x1 Greater Ice Element
x3 Greenscale Warriors
x3 Drow Chainfighter
x2 of each of the glyphs

D&D Master Set:
x1 Feral Troll
x3 Deepwyrm Drow

Large Sets:
x1 Aquilla's Alliance
x1 Ticalla's Jungle
x1 Thaelenk Tundra
xXx Evergreen Trees and Jungle "shrubbery"
x1 Volcarren Wasteland
x2 Dumutef Guards

Crest of the Valkyrie:
x1 Sir Gilbert
x1 Acolarh

Haves:

Wave 1:
x3 Roman Archers
x1 Arrow Gruts
x1 Omicron Snipers

Wave 2:
x1 Swog

Wave 3:
x1 Alistar McDirk
x1 Concan
x1 Deathwalker 7000
x1 Saylind the Kyrie Warrior

Wave 4:
x1 Major X17
x1 Morsbane

Wave 5:
x3 Warriors of Ashra
x2 Deathreavers (only for a really good trade)

Wave 6:
x2 Zombies of Morindan
x1 Eldgrim the Viking Champion
x1 Kaemon Awa

Wave 7:
x1 Kyntela Gwyn

Wave 9:
x3 Capuan Gladiators
x1 Protectors of Ullar
x1 Kimoko

Rise of the Valkyrie:
x1 set of figures

Swarm of the Marrow:
x2 Marro Drudge

Large Expansions:
x1 Fortress of the Archkyrie

(Yes yes, I have some of the same things on my haves and wants list. This is because I want more of those figures, but I'd be willing to trade what I have for a good price)

If you need a unique not listed here, let me know which one(s) and I'll see if I have it for trade.
  • If you would like to trade, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.
  • I prefer to ship in the continential United States, but if the trade is big enough I will ship else where
  • I ship Parcel Post unless we are really far away from each other
  • If you PM me, please Reply to each message instead of sending me a new message each time. It's helpful to me

and my REFs are in my sig.

Selling: x3 Omicron Snipers, x3 Capuan Gladiators
PM me if interested.

Last edited by Nano*22; February 27th, 2010 at 07:10 PM.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online