Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 9th, 2011, 08:29 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker
Re: Florida Frenzy 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktheant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookiee View Post
I agree with Nicktheant, as the last two FF's have been less than 500 points.
That means I don't want customs either.
Oh. I'm still unsure about the customs, but I'm not sure what we would be able to use.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old August 9th, 2011, 08:33 PM

Juniour is surprisingly tart

I think we should take into consideration that NHSD is, along with Gen Con, one of the main sources for Jexik and other players to determine changes in the meta game and how certain armies worked, so customs would skew our results. Also with customs some customs many players won't be familiar with the figures and it will cause a lot of confusion. I agree with nicktheant in that it should be a standard 500 point heroscape game with probably a lava and/or tundra map in the equation.

Also, if anyone else is interested, we could do what the Beast of the East Tournament is doing and having it so we can only use units B+ and under, so now A units. I like this because it would take out many of the generic meta-game armies and bring variety to the tournament.

Last edited by Juniour; August 12th, 2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old August 16th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktheant View Post
I'd rather just play a standard 500 point tournament.
I third this.
Old August 21st, 2011, 05:11 PM

GGGames is surprisingly tart

So, whats going to be the story about the location for this tourney. Is books a million still viable. I thought they went out of business.. Anybody there at gainsville know?
Old August 21st, 2011, 05:17 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

I wish I could help you here, but I'm not sure. I'll see if I can find out.

EDIT: I found it and it doesn't seem out of business. It looks like we could still hold FF5.0 there.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old August 21st, 2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Yes, for a qualifying event, we will be able to provide some prize support.

It will be like Marvel, Swarm, Castle...but that is better than a big box of nothing.

So I am setting thresholds and tiers.

At 12 -23, receive one of each; anything below that 12 will not receive support from the allotment I have to give.

If your event is 24 - 35, I will probably double up the Castle and Marvel.

36+; 2 of all 3.

So start linking and posting this thread with your events. I will set the cut off time in the Fall. At least this way, you know there is some support and you can start planning.
We are going to have 4 from our group..
Old August 21st, 2011, 06:37 PM

Here's a link so we can determine whos going and how many people are going, so we know for the prize support without clogging up this thread.
Old August 22nd, 2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniour View Post
Here's a link so we can determine whos going and how many people are going, so we know for the prize support without clogging up this thread.
That's the point of this thread.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old August 23rd, 2011, 12:14 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

OK, since this is Florida Frenzy 5.0, it does seem opportune to have a 500 point tournament. Either that or 505, or 555. Definitely there will be no customs allowed.

Books-A-Million still is doing well in Gainesville, but I'll check later this week about any events going on the weekend we want to go there.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 03:54 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm a definite maybe. I live in Gainesville now, so I'll be able to if nothing else gets in the way.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 07:31 PM

ok so We have three confirmed Myself (pete), Sam, and Dave. Our fourth ended up droping out that weekend because of a Naruto CCG tournament that weekend. On a Side note we are trying to get another event going at the Cool Stuff INC. location in Davie, FL. if any one is intreasted. I do realize that most of you are in North florida, but maybe some of the Tampa players want to come to Fort Myers. We can car pool so it would only cost half the trip. Thats two hours to us and we'll take you the other two hours. Something to think about and there is another discussion in the South florida forums.http://http://www.heroscapers.com/co...ad.php?t=18284
Old August 27th, 2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
OK, since this is Florida Frenzy 5.0, it does seem opportune to have a 500 point tournament. Either that or 505, or 555. Definitely there will be no customs allowed.

Books-A-Million still is doing well in Gainesville, but I'll check later this week about any events going on the weekend we want to go there.
I know that the Gators have bye week that week so there won't be a big game, just like last year.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day