Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old April 28th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: davidlhsl's Battles - Hitting the Freeway

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Sucks to see Parasite go down like that. He's quite fun when you can hit the rolls for his drain and keep him alive for a while.
I expect to see quite a lot of these huge swings due to the small point values of these armies. These work better in larger armies, but I couldn't resist the urge to do this for a change.

How about Kraven and Trickster in that first battle? Those guys are fantastic fun!
Old April 28th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

David: “Bob, when I drive down the freeway, do you know what I like to do?”

Bob: “After seeing you attempt that cascade crossing, I’d guess you do a lot of texting.”

David: “Nah, that’s dangerous.”

Pam (off camera): “Growl!!!”

David: “Hee. No, I like to drive until someone lets me in front of them in their lane.”

Bob: “I hope you give them a Thank You wave.”

David: “No, I give them the finger, stick my head out the window, and yell, ‘Hey, stupid! You’ll never get where you’re going if you keep letting people in front of you!’”

Bob: “I’ll regret asking this, but how do they usually respond?”

David: “Let’s just say the Highway Patrol was not amused.”

Bob: “Serves you right. Let’s check out our next group of teams.”

Team Zatanna vs. Team Magneto (I)

Spoiler Alert!

Bracket Updated
Old April 28th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Awesome!
Old April 30th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is fantastic.

Thanks a lot for doing this, and all your all other reports. I really enjoy reading them.

My favorite line from your video, "They could probably use a bridge right ... here, that would be nice." Be careful out there man.

C3G team building links.
Old April 30th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Eyed Jedi View Post
This is fantastic.

Thanks a lot for doing this, and all your all other reports. I really enjoy reading them.

My favorite line from your video, "They could probably use a bridge right ... here, that would be nice." Be careful out there man.
Thanks. I'm certain there are some hikers who will roll their eyes and think that crossing wasn't so difficult. However, I'm a chicken. You've probably seen photos where hikers stand behind waterfalls, enter caves, and sit on the edge of overhangs with their feet dangling over the edge. I never do those things. I was actually pretty calm as I made the crossing, though I was slow and careful. But no amount of caution will save you with slick rocks. I've slipped on slick rocks on a couple of occasions, and it's just BAM!

I should have moved up first to check the higher crossing. From my vantage point, there seemed to be a huge gap without any ledge, but a higher vantage point might've revealed something I didn't notice. I also notice in the video that there might've been an option to go down, cross on that larger shelf where it flattens, and climb up. Depth is difficult to present in a video or photo, and I recall the distance being much greater than it appears. Even then, it might've been too muddy to make the climb. Going down = easy thanks to gravity. Going back up = not so easy.

Irony Alert: Further down the trail, there were two different bridges crossing creeks.

Presented with a similar situation in the future, I'll likely turn around and hike back.
Old May 1st, 2012, 09:41 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

David: “Set your GPS devices for fun, Sports Fans! We have one more freeway battle, and Sock Puppet joins me in the broadcast van along with Pam.”

Sock Puppet: “Ready to assist, David! The vehicles have been fueled and are heading down the freeway at top speed!”

Pam: “There was that one incident when the tan car tore through a Sonic Drive-In hoping to pick up one of their slushes.”

David: “Those give me brain freeze.”

Pam: “You can pinch the bridge of your nose to relief that pain.”

David: “I saw that on television and tried it. I still have brain freeze, but my nose hurts.”

Pam: “You’re weird.”

Sock Puppet: “Perhaps these Route 44 Cherry Limeaids will hit the spot!”

David: “Oooo, I love those. Gimme!”

Pam: “I prefer water, thank you.”

David: “I’m getting a text. Hee, Bob is yelling at us for not drinking Burt’s Beer. I suppose we should do something for our sponsor.”

Sock Puppet: “I’m way ahead of you, David. Check out these beer soaked brats I grilled.”

Pam: “Those are brats? They’re awfully flat to be bratwursts.”

Sock Puppet: “I know. I soaked them in Burt’s Beer.”

David, Pam, and Sock Puppet: “Hahahahaha--- ahhhhhhhhh.”

Pam: “David, you’ve got another text.”

David: “It’s from Bob, but I can’t read it aloud while we’re on the air.”

Off-camera announcer: “Summer is here, so enjoy your bratwursts soaked in the flat brew of Burt’s Beer. Burt’s Beer: Chillin’ while grillin’ with Burt’s will require penicillin.”

Sock Puppet: “Summer???”

Team Rhino vs. Team Emma Frost

Spoiler Alert!

Bracket Updated
Old May 4th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

David: “Howdy do, Sports Fans! I hope you remember your PIN number, because we’re taking our next group of misfits to the bank. Joining me is my good friend, Bob!”

Bob: “Thanks, David. I see you’re giving your battle mats a workout. First you used it for a freeway, and now it’s a bank setting. What’s with the dominoes?”

David: “I want to use the same layout for the upcoming set of battles, and leaving wet erase markers for a length of time on a vinyl mat could leave permanent stains. So I’m using these dominoes to indicate walls and openings. We have two different banks, and each team will begin by trying to crack open the bank’s vault in their respective bank. The vault shares the same stats as the Heroscape Fortress Door. Neither team is permitted to leave the vault area unless at least one vault is opened.

“Once a vault is opened, that team can assign a Loot Glyph to one of its Heroes. A Hero with the Loot receives a +1 attack bonus, or +2 if the Hero is on the side that opened their vault first. A Hero may hold both Loot Glyphs. A Hero with both Glyphs will get +2 (or +3 if on the team that opened their vault first) and will only lose one Loot at a time if wounded.

“Combat may commence once one of the vaults is opened. The other team may continue striking at their vault in order to obtain their Loot. The game ends if one team destroys the other, or if one team can obtain both Loot glyphs and exit the map via the roadway. It’s only necessary for members with the Loot to exit to trigger this victory condition. What do you think?”

Bob: “That sounds interesting. I’m looking forward to seeing this in action.”

Off-camera announcer: “This safe crackin’ battle is brought to you by Burt’s Beer. Burt’s Beer: If you drink too much, your stomach might make an early withdrawal.”

Team Deadshot vs. Team Scorpion

Spoiler Alert!

Bracket Updated
Old May 5th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: davidlhsl's Battles - Bank Shot

Eww burning rat, I bet that smelled real bad. This will probably will be the first time Sock Puppet and I gets to tell those great uncanny reporters Bob and David, that they stink!

C3G team building links.
Old May 9th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Mike: “David, where are you?”

David: “I’m sitting next to you, Mike! I guess these yummy goodies piled in front of me has me covered.”

Mike: “Oh, there you are. Hey, we’re on the air! Sports Fans, we’re back. I’m Mike, and sitting behind this pile of something is David. Hey, these look like those things I see in Chinese buffets.”

David: (knocks some out of the way where he is visible) “Right you are, Mike! These are crab rangoons, and I looooooovvvvvve crab rangoons!”

Mike: “Wow, but why did you get so many?”

David: “So I’ll have a life-time supply! I did have to create a distraction, but I managed to escape with the entire tray of these crispy and yummy treats! Sure, they’ve put out an APB on me, and I’ll never be able to show my face in any Asian restaurant establishment, but I’ve made off with enough of this loot to last me for the rest of my life. Pretty clever, huh?”

Mike: “When did you have time to do this today? We’ve been tied up all day in prep work, and we ate in the cafeteria.”

David: “Oh, I didn’t do this today. I did this three weeks ago!”

Mike: (gulps) “Three weeks? But these have probably spoiled by now, as I think the cream cheese they put inside these things are quite perishable.”

David: “Uh oh!” (cracks one in half, smells, and makes a sour face) “Well, poo! It seemed like the perfect crime!”

Mike: “David, you should know that crime does not pay.”

David: “No it doesn’t.”

Bob: (enters) “Hey, guys! The battle’s about to begin, so good luck with the broadcast. I noticed these delicious looking crab rangoons when I passed the control room, and I hope you’re fine with sharing it with your good old buddy and co-worker, Bob!” (grabs a handful and pops one in his mouth)

David: “Uh, Bob.”

Mike: “Too late, I’m afraid.”

Bob: (face turns green as he bolts out of the studio)

Mike: “We do have health coverage, don’t we?”

David: “Yep. I hope he can make it to the emergency room in time before he spews.”

Bob: (off camera)

David: “Guess not. I would’ve thought that all the Burt’s Beer he drinks would’ve built an immunity. Let’s get to the battle.”

Team Count Vertigo vs. Team Sandman

Spoiler Alert!

Bracket Updated
Old May 11th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Programming Note

C3G has released yet another fantastic wave, which you can check out here.

I have swapped out some of the teams on the Good Side to incorporate some of the new figures. For example, Batman is now paired with Black Panther, Team Cyclops has been replaced with Team Cloak, Shang-Chi replaces Hawkgirl, Mockingbird teams with Wolverine, and Black Widow teams with Captain America.

Yes, the Battle Bites tourney is progressing slowly, which is as intended. I intend this tourney to be a more casual project so it doesn't interfere with other pursuits.
Old May 11th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Team Cloak? Team Shang-Chi? Come on, you gotta share whose in those armies.
Old May 11th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Team Cloak? Team Shang-Chi? Come on, you gotta share whose in those armies.
Shang-Chi pairs with Punisher, which is pretty neat. You've got a one-man arsenal paired with... a one-man arsenal.

Team Cloak is as different as night and day: Cloak, Dagger, and Dazzler.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion