Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 20th, 2008, 03:52 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: Dallas NHSD '08 - Preliminary discussions

NO

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 20th, 2008, 04:10 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Poor Ry's already got enough figures to obsess over.
Old August 20th, 2008, 04:32 PM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I like the idea of the Wind Glyph. Wound glyph seems too brutal at times. I prefer negation over wound.

so 540 pts
No Marvel

Old August 20th, 2008, 05:11 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I actually took Negation out of the Marvel pool b/c it was too powerful and I'd recommend against here. Wannok is more or less like standing on lava rock. It's just one wound, and you have to commit to taking it, sometimes to your disadvantage. But Nilrend has a chance to scare people away from using the high-cost heroes and that's something I'd hate to do. While the Wind Glyph could potentially do the same thing, I like that it can be temporary. Nilrend is a gamebreaker.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 07:23 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Since it's a little over a month and a half away, I was wondering if we had any set in stone maps yet. I do like Velenne's idea of using just a small handful of maps.

And I'll go on record as saying: I would prefer no glyphs at all. Then, as you pointed out R˙chean, we'e actually testing our army builds against one another and not whether that 12th rat of mine can hold the attack+1 glyph while rat#1 holds the defense+1 glyph .

(First time I've used the rolling eyes smiley ).

And if you want a couple of un-nominated maps to look at, I've got two that Rod and I have played on several times that are balanced fairly well, I think. Once I figure out how to get the damn picture to load, I'll post it.

Anyway, thanks for the mini-game day today. It was fun.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 25th, 2008, 08:07 AM

Who's working on our venue?
Old August 25th, 2008, 04:20 PM

I am....supposedly

sigh..I don't really have any leads other than the library.

GB's clubhouse wasn't too far from anybody, IMO. I can get from GenX Comics to GB's clubhouse in about 20 minutes that seems reasonable for the Arlington side of things. It is also roughly 20 minutes from me. I will check with GB to see if we have that as an option.

Also, any chance of J Gilligan's? I didn't want to drive that far but for the option of having decent eats and beer in the same place the event is I would be willing to look at it. Any other thoughts?

Old August 25th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
I am....supposedly

sigh..I don't really have any leads other than the library.

GB's clubhouse wasn't too far from anybody, IMO. I can get from GenX Comics to GB's clubhouse in about 20 minutes that seems reasonable for the Arlington side of things. It is also roughly 20 minutes from me. I will check with GB to see if we have that as an option.

Also, any chance of J Gilligan's? I didn't want to drive that far but for the option of having decent eats and beer in the same place the event is I would be willing to look at it. Any other thoughts?
My clubhouse won't be an option as I won't be there. Our rules dictate that the member renting the clubhouse must remain on the premises during the times of the rental.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 25th, 2008, 04:31 PM

Thanks GB! I have some other ideas...

Old August 25th, 2008, 04:34 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What are the requirements for the venue?

How many tables would you want, or barring that...How much square footage would you need? What other requirements from the venue besides working bathrooms?

This is on a Saturday, so I'd be interested in pursuing using some extra space at my work. It's in Arlington, near the I-30 / 360 intersection (near Six Flags). We have a huge area that is a vacant call center from an old business. It's kind of messy right now, but we're in the process of cleaning it out anyway.

Is that worth pursuing, or is that pretty far off the mark?

EDIT: I found some pictures of the space in question. Kindly disregard all the garbage piled up everywhere. That would be removed beforehand, obviously.

Mine is a very small company, and I am close enough with the owner that he would probably be fine with having people in this area on a Saturday, assuming I'm able to partition off/lock out other areas of the building. This area is right by the front door, so it would be a "Come in, and take a left and you're there" sort of thing.

Anyway, just looking for some options. R˙chean, please let me know if you'd like me to pursue this with the owner.

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; August 25th, 2008 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Pics added
Old August 25th, 2008, 05:48 PM

I think that location is just too far west. I would really like something in the middle near DFW Airport...something like Grapevine or Farmers Branch. The Library at North Richland Hills is a sufficient size if you have been there. Cheap/Free is good but function is good too. NHSD will most likely be 5 rounds or more of play so we are talking potentially 7+ hours (incl set up and tear down time.) It would be nice to have it a place that had accommodations such as a hotel meeting room where restaurants, bar, etc..are all on premise.

I am not opposed with said location but if we are going to go that far west of Dallas, I say we are back at the NRH Library; we know it serves our most basic needs. I was just aspiring to find a location that served all our of needs. (decent food, a bar)

I think this directly affects our turn out: If it is too far east, we lose some; if it is too far west, we lose some; if it doesn’t have adult beverages either allowed or served, we lose some. I dont want to lose any if we can help it.

I was thinking a bowling alley might serve our needs well in terms of space and accommodations. I am looking into a couple at the present. I will entertain any suggestions so please keep them coming.

Old August 25th, 2008, 05:58 PM

I was going to use the Grapevine Convention Center at one point. It's a very nice facility, but a little pricey. It would be covered if we had the turnout we had last year though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day